• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that Dirk & Monta pick n roll.
I like what I saw offensively even if it was only one game. Dirk and Monta looked great and I liked what I saw from Calderon finding guys. They had 7 assists on their first 7 buckets. I like to see that. 20 turnovers is not acceptable though. That stuff cannot continue for a second straight season. Monta did put up 32 points, but he gave the Hawks 7 extra possessions. That could have been the difference in a 9 point game.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sold. Yes they've looked pretty nice in parts but the team in general worries me with a lot of holes. And they beat the Hawks who is pretty much tanking this season.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sold. Yes they've looked pretty nice in parts but the team in general worries me with a lot of holes. And they beat the Hawks who is pretty much tanking this season.
I am never sold until about Feb-March either way on NBA teams. I sure as hell didn't think the 2011 Mavs team would do what they did in until they swept the Lakers in 4. As a sports fan, that was the probably the best couple of months you could ever hope to see.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college basketball, and I wish the absolute best for the Mavs. For some reason I can't get into the nba. I just get bored watching the games. Maybe because the way I grew up my dad would always make comments like "he just took 5 steps and the ref never calls it" or "That guy is perfect, he never misses a shot." I don't really get a lot out of watching guys travel everywhere or watching someone never mess up

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college basketball, and I wish the absolute best for the Mavs. For some reason I can't get into the nba. I just get bored watching the games. Maybe because the way I grew up my dad would always make comments like "he just took 5 steps and the ref never calls it" or "That guy is perfect, he never misses a shot." I don't really get a lot out of watching guys travel everywhere or watching someone never mess up

I'm a CBK fan in general but honestly, the level of the game to me is really really meh. They need to make the rules more NBA style and get rid of the 35 second clock. All I ever see now is too much passing for 25 seconds, then rush to get a play off and then just jack up 3's. The CBK brand isn't what it used to be IMO. They need to change things up.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I saw offensively even if it was only one game. Dirk and Monta looked great and I liked what I saw from Calderon finding guys. They had 7 assists on their first 7 buckets. I like to see that. 20 turnovers is not acceptable though. That stuff cannot continue for a second straight season. Monta did put up 32 points, but he gave the Hawks 7 extra possessions. That could have been the difference in a 9 point game.

True but at least for the most part we know Dallas was a legitimately really good team in 2011. No one saw championship for sure but we knew we could count on at least 50+ wins and a playoff spot.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a CBK fan in general but honestly, the level of the game to me is really really meh. They need to make the rules more NBA style and get rid of the 35 second clock. All I ever see now is too much passing for 25 seconds, then rush to get a play off and then just jack up 3's. The CBK brand isn't what it used to be IMO. They need to change things up.

I've never been a huge fan of CBK, but the 3 point line is too damn close. Those boring mid major teams with awful athletes are able to hang with big D-1 schools by jacking up 3 after 3. It's seriously annoying. Also what the hell is the point of 64 teams being in the tournament when realistically only about 32 have a shot a winning the thing. Makes no sense...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but at least for the most part we know Dallas was a legitimately really good team in 2011. No one saw championship for sure but we knew we could count on at least 50+ wins and a playoff spot.

Oh for sure. 50 wins and a playoff spot were automatic for a decade in Dallas.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but everyone wanted to play the Mavs in the 1st round because we were not playing good ball at the end of the year and were notorious for tanking in the playoffs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The turnovers drive me crazy but I liked the quickness we had out there with Ellis able to take it to the hole and create open space for a shot. Calderon had an unusual game for him shooting wise but nice with the assists. And we still have Wright, Harris, Ledo and Larkin on the bench when healthy. This is so much more interesting to watch. This is a deep team.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but everyone wanted to play the Mavs in the 1st round because we were not playing good ball at the end of the year and were notorious for tanking in the playoffs.
I remember being super pissed after the meltdown in Portland. I didn't know what to expect after that. Whatever Rick told them worked. I know he blamed himself, but wow they went on a tear.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree, I can't stand watching CBK b/c athletes can be mitigated by pace and milking the shot clock sets... sooooo boring

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, I can't stand watching CBK b/c athletes can be mitigated by pace and milking the shot clock sets... sooooo boring

And the better players are there just a year or two at the most. Only time I really like it is in March Madness and the underdogs kick some teams around. And if Vitale is announcing then turn it off baby!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hawks are not tanking. They are a playoff team. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot with them in the east, but they wouldn't have signed Millsap if they were tanking. Teague, Millsap, and Horford is a good top 3.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are not tanking. They are a playoff team. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot with them in the east, but they wouldn't have signed Millsap if they were tanking. Teague, Millsap, and Horford is a good top 3.

Solid complimentary players, but they have no talent out on the wings, might be a 7 or 8 but could be an ugly season if any of those 3 miss time

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid complimentary players, but they have no talent out on the wings, might be a 7 or 8 but could be an ugly season if any of those 3 miss time

I agree, but I still don't think they're tanking. There are a few teams tanking for Wiggins, but they aren't one of them. PHX won last night, and I think they're trying to tank.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I still don't think they're tanking. There are a few teams tanking for Wiggins, but they aren't one of them. PHX won last night, and I think they're trying to tank.

I don't think they're tanking, but I'm betting, deep down, they don't care if they lose either

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really want to beat Houston tonight. I don't think it's a good idea for Mark to rile up Dwight. Dalembert held his own against him in the preseason game though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really want to beat Houston tonight. I don't think it's a good idea for Mark to rile up Dwight. Dalembert held his own against him in the preseason game though.

Dwight is the biggest headcase in the league. I don't buy this crap Rockets fans are trying to spin that this is the first place he's chosen to play so he will be more motivated. If that's the case then why would you want a dude like that. You should buy in to the team that drafts you and give it it your all. Damn baby.