• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DaBears game day thread

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mooneys td catch was a 20 yarder.......theres 4.

Yeah, he was actually 2 for 2 with a TD on throws of 20+ yards.

But Getsy "doesn't trust" the offense to throw deep.

Keep throwing screens.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he was actually 2 for 2 with a TD on throws of 20+ yards.

But Getsy "doesn't trust" the offense to throw deep.

Keep throwing screens.
Checkdown Charlie has to pull the trigger now and then too.

Way too many screens called, but Fields refuses to play within the timing of the passing plays. It's disruptive to the entire offense.

I like the kid. I want him to succeed. I just haven't seen much that indicates he will.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him too and I want any QB in a Bears uniform to succeed.

But if we simply restart next year the new QB is gonna have the same issues unless the parts around the QB, coaching and defense included, are changed.

It takes a team in succeed in this league. It takes good coaching to succeed in this league. We don't have any of that.

If I were to list the Bears problems right now Justin Fields isn't in the top 10.

That's not to say it's okay with how he is playing. There are 3 types of QBs. Group A makes your team better. Group B makes your team worse. Group C doesn't move the needle significantly in either direction. Fields has probably spent a bit of time in Group B and has spent way too much time in Group C.

But if we are truly staring at 2 top 10 picks next season.....I am spending 1 of them on the best pass rusher available and the other on the best LT on the board. Because that makes more sense to me than anything else at the moment. Again....we gave up the most pressures in football yesterday while at the same time having the fewest.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought:

From about the 2nd quarter on our team looked shellshocked...almost apathetic when it was obvious our sh*t did, in fact, stink. Not really sure if they all truly believed that they were going to come in and rule ass with a complete 180 from last year, but it sure felt like it did...and when reality set in that, you know, you need to WORK- or it just doesn't happen? They folded.

How they respond Sunday will be a clear indication of whether this coaching staff is worth it's salt or not. Tampa is not a world beater. They are obviously good enough to beat us (I think any team in the NFL is at this point...Bears are the beatdown team). But how we compete is a big tell and honestly, if they look like they did in quarters 2/3/4 AGAIN this Sunday (apathetic, dumb stares, lack of hustle etc) I think that would be a death toll for Eberflus...and a huge knock on Poles because sh*t must roll uphill.

The magnifying glass is on. The honeymoon is over. We, as fans, don't need the Bears to be great. We all know there's holes and still a ton more work to do personnel-wise with this team. But as of right now it can't be argued that we've taken a step forward over what we were last year...Same old sh*t different day. Improving is a critical part of this season's success...All around...Not just Fields. Zero improvement? Get ya asses gone coaches and front office. Ain't got no time for all that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How they respond Sunday will be a clear indication of whether this coaching staff is worth it's salt or not.

I totally agree with this,in a game there are teams that go into halftime getting beat and then come out and turn the game around....
We will have a full week to see what kind of game plan Eberfuss can conjure up......and it had bettef be good after this drubbing.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember this point and time of the game......

The announcer even said how open Moore was and thought Fields still did a good job by getting the ball off to Herbert.....and off the top of my head, I just dont remember the reason why......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claypool....do we need to say more......bring on the release date,cause he literally looked bad.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on fields bandwagon but this is season he needs to jump. And not good start

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry guys. Now that I'm back, my karma will spread thruout the organization sending positive vibes so that our beloved team can dominate their next opponent, which is..........oh wait, it's KC? Uh, never mind.

0-3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched highlites again,and yes one pass went for over 10......and it was intercepted.....ugh

He is habitually late. The o-line was bad, but I would fucking hate to block for Fields. Many of those pressure are just from him holding onto the ball.

He is not a good QB. He is just not. Phenomenal athlete, but he is just not a good QB. And his timing or lack thereof disrupts everything else.

I do not recall which play it was but Fields tossed a check down over the middle. The replay showed a wide open Bears receiver in the end zone 30 yards beyond the check down, on the same plane of vision. The closest defender was on the far right side of the end zone... No one was around that Bear Wr, no one. Instead of tossing the 40 yarder, he opted for the 10 yarder. Why?

DJ had a nice down and out, but short, move to get himself open fairly early in the game, fields didn't see him. Much like in last weeks game when Fields had 2 guys open on down and outs, and chose the check down over the 20 yarder down and out equally as open. Something in this kid, where he is just NOT seeing the open receivers. No explanation.

Oh, and that last int was not on fields. That was actually a nice pass to Claypool, hit him right in the two hands, the defender ripped that ball out of Claypool's grip. Perhaps, he can go around and apologize again this week.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand fans calling for Bagent. He completed 9 passes in preseason against guys that are on practice squads now.

You have 2 options at QB right now....

Play Fields until the wheels come off. If he shows significant improvement you gotta look at a new OC and QB coach for next season and revamp the offense to what he does well.

Scrap the plans and draft the best QB you possibly can next April, probably Williams, and still get a new OC and QB coach and revamp the offense completely.

If Bagent has an NFL future it's 1-2 years away as he needs time to develop with practice at NFL speed. He made a couple exciting plays in preseason but he was a D2 player for a reason and also undrafted for a reason.

Bagent is gonna be remembered just as fondly as Andy Fantuz and Javon Wims and so many other preseason heroes for shitty Bears teams over the years.