• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Seahawks Preseason Game #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam got his ass handed to him by a Rook. I hope he doesn't totally drop off, but he has taking a step back for sure.
That was Kam's first action of the year. He's rusty for sure, but way too early to know how much he will improve when he gets into sync with the rest of the team. He was bad when he returned last year after his hold out, but was still better than their other options at that position.

Did you see McCray getting dragged by a running back? If you don't have a healthy and solid Kam out there your run defense is going to suffer just like it did last year early on. That's just a fact.

Kam had issues all year against the pass. How many different TE's blew him up? But there aren't many I'd take over him against the run and we saw last night what this defense looked like without Mebane in there.

I guarantee you that every head coach of a team that relies on the run that we face this year watched that first half and got very erect nipples at what they saw. Hawks have some work to do inside on the run.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cowboys line did that kind of stuff to our #1 D in the regular season, no reason why they won't do it in the pre-season.

Not to say it's of NO concern, but I think you'll see more disciplined play moving forward. And the run D was fine before the Cowboys.

So I think erect nipples might be a bit hyperbolic. Maybe a raised eyebrow?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on ESPN that Reed didn't play last night. So that might factor in just a bit in why we gave up so many yards running up the gut.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, reed was out and Rubin was playing the 1 technique and I think he has shown before he's not a run stopping inside force.

It starts with the line, but there was really poor tackling and that's more the stuff we aren't used to seeing that needs to be cleaned up. And my comment was specifically about Kam and his rust vs who played after he came out and what it means to that run defense.

I'll also point out the Cowboys were without Dez and at least a couple more players as well. With a bigger passing threat that run defense only gets even more stretched and looks worse. They had the best of it with Romo out, no Dez, and a rookie QB in. And STILL looked bad against the run.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click 'Upload a file' right next to the 'reply to thread' button. It's not on the edit bar, it's at the bottom of the text block.

20160825_192819_resized.jpg

edit: BTW, I am NOT wearing an Irvin jersey. Got this ten years ago so I'll let you guess who it is.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine Kearse got almost double the snaps that Tyler Lockett did yesterday. I'll be pissed if Kearse really is our #2 WR and gets more opportunities going into the season over Lockett.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine Kearse got almost double the snaps that Tyler Lockett did yesterday. I'll be pissed if Kearse really is our #2 WR and gets more opportunities going into the season over Lockett.

With the way Lockett improves every week, I think he stays at #2.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam got his ass handed to him by a Rook. I hope he doesn't totally drop off, but he has taking a step back for sure.
Maybe, but I am not about to announce that. Zeke is trying to prove his way. Kam already has. It is premature to label him the way you did.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Bevell has no interest in pissing you off.

Mitch_Rapp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man you look just like my uncle.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I am not about to announce that. Zeke is trying to prove his way. Kam already has. It is premature to label him the way you did.
Label who? Zeke a room or Kam being labeled what???

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Label who? Zeke a room or Kam being labeled what???
I hope he doesn't totally drop off, but he has taking a step back for sure.

This is what you said about Kam.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't totally drop off, but he has taking a step back for sure.

This is what you said about Kam.

To be honest I find since the hold out I haven't really been that impressed with Kam over all play up to this point. He's made some big plays, like stripping the ball from AP in the playoffs, but yet over all got to say he played better before the hold out. I expect he'll do just fine this year but still.....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird to think that, as un-Kam like as he looked last season, Chancellor still made the Pro Bowl. That tells you that either safety play was down across the league last year or he set such a high bar for himself that what we see as a down year is still a Pro Bowl type year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, It's preseason and who do you think is playing Harder. a #4 pick rookie that had not played in the preseason yet or a proven vet who has played in MANY preseason games over his career? This is Preseason so why go out and blow someone up and risk injury? Kam's first action of the season and the flag he got when he leveled Zeke was BS. That ball was tipped at the LoS meaning he can flat out DESTROY that man but the refs missed it. Kam was telling him on that play, if you want to play like that in Preseason then here you go. lol It's to bad he got flagged for a 100% legal play. Also had the ball NOT been tipped at the LoS then kam blows him up and prevents the catch, no if ands or buts about it. I saw a Rookie getting schooled on that play. Welcome to the NFL young buck.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interview after the game where Kam said he was surprised that Elliot was willing to deliver hits because they hadn't seen any film on him since it was his first game as a pro and didn't really know what to expect from him. The kid got a shot in because they hadn't seen him before, but he wasn't gonna get another one after that. Besides... Screamin is right. Elliot was a rookie going up against an elite defense in his first game as a pro, so of course he was gonna come out ready to hit somebody to prove that he wasn't gonna back down from guys like Kam. The next time these two guys have a chance to go at each other, Elliot isn't gonna catch Kam by surprise.