• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs Seahawks Preseason Game #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked there were no holds on that play. Take it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, oh boy. Great stuff.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson just punked the entire Cowgirl nation with that pump fake at the end.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few penalties from the Oline, but all in all a solid night for them all things considered.

Didn't like the rush defense in that first half. Too many blown tackles.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, great Wilson reverse pivot on that one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our scrubs >>> Cowgirl scrubs.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are there are some fixable issues. We need to stop being the Yellow Squad among the front 5.

That killed us last year and will kill us this year

I like 2 Rookies. I would keep McCoy. He looks like a big WR beast.

Pope is a good RB but it sucks that we have Procise and Rawls

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had so much fun in my companies suite today which is in the Redzone. I wish I knew how to post a picture from my phone because The handler for Tiama walked in front of the redzone suites and let you pet the hawk as well take a photo of the both of you. It looks like the only images you can attach to posts (on SportsHoopla) are ones already on the internet. Oh yeah, the free drinks and food were good too

:yes:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the penalty issues, the first team offense finally looked like it's supposed to look. The running game was more than just the Christine Michael Show, Russell was getting the ball out quicker in the passing game and the offensive line looked closer to the second half of 2015 version than the first half of 2015 version in terms of both pass protection and run blocking. The penalties on the offensive line are going to happen and they're going to be frustrating if they come in bunches, but in terms of their actual blocking, I think this is the best I've felt about our o-line going into a season in a while. I think the more they jell as a unit, the fewer penalties they'll commit, and considering how good they've looked over the course of the entire preseason, I can't imagine they'll want to mess with the starting group as it is, so the opportunity to jell sooner rather than later is there. To that point, I think they might be the one starting unit that stays in there for more than a series or two next week, just to make sure that this group gets as many reps together as they can get.

As far as the defense goes... it was a bit frustrating to see Dallas be able to run on them the way that they did with their starters in there, but I think there's a few reasons for that: Dallas' offensive line is probably the best offensive line in the league and also one of the most cohesive, and they were going up against a defensive line that really only has half of its starters figured out right now. The Hawks are still trying to find the right combination of players to put at defensive tackle, but I think they'll ultimately get that figured out and get right back to having one of the best run defenses in the league again this year. The only other thing I'd like to see on defense is better tackling. I saw a few too many hits that weren't accompanied by wrap ups, but that's fixable.

All in all, this was the best overall performance by the team this preseason, which is really what you want to see during the "dress rehearsal" game. Next week should be about refining some things on both sides of the ball while the starters are in, getting some more reps for the units that haven't worked together for very long and keeping the starters as healthy as possible going into the Miami game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I haven't been all that impressed with these first 3 games, but last night was probably the best team performance. Even then it was a bit of a shaky start though. First team D wasn't stout against the run -- Elliott seemed like he could get to the outside and pick up 7-10 yards every time after his first carry or 2. Kam looked like he was way more concerned with putting a bit shot on him than wrapping up and making the stop. Hopefully that's just a combo of first game adrenaline plus rookie hype on Elliott.

First team O looked better as the game went on. OL has held up pretty well overall in pre-season, especially the interior. The pass pro was there last night, and in the 2nd half they were blowing holes open for whoever was carrying the pigskin. Good to see.

Michael really looks like he wants to play a big role this year. When we drafted Collins, I thought it was going to be a Rawls-Collins duo with Prosise as the 3rd down guy, but I think Michael has played his way into that conversation more than Collins has played his way out. And Prosise didn't get a ton of chances last night, but he was pretty effective and is definitely an interesting player.

KJ Wright with great coverage on that TD but a pretty poor play on the ball. When you are stuck on a guy like that, have great position right in front of him and the QB throws it right at you, you gotta keep it from being caught.

So next week's pre-season finale is sort of a throwaway, so what we saw last night is pretty much what we go into week 1 vs Miami with. Probably need a little defensive focus on the running game, but not a huge concern. I thought I would be really anxious about the OL at this point, but I'm not. I don't think it's great, but what I saw the last couple weeks (especially last night) makes me confident it will be better to open the year than it was last season -- can pave the way for our runners consistently and not have RW running for his life on nearly every pass.

Now I guess we sit back and monitor the health of Graham & Rawls and see what happens with the final cuts, and of course hope for no injuries in this last pre-season routine.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Guys.......

Final thoughts????????

Kam got his ass handed to him by a Rook. I hope he doesn't totally drop off, but he has taking a step back for sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had so much fun in my companies suite today which is in the Redzone. I wish I knew how to post a picture from my phone because The handler for Tiama walked in front of the redzone suites and let you pet the hawk as well take a photo of the both of you. It looks like the only images you can attach to posts (on SportsHoopla) are ones already on the internet. Oh yeah, the free drinks and food were good too

:yes:
Click 'Upload a file' right next to the 'reply to thread' button. It's not on the edit bar, it's at the bottom of the text block.