• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys' Future > Your Team's Future

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully capable. But you are sitting at a computer. You can look up all the stats to your desire.

Green Bay allows more yards, points, 1st downs, than Dallas......by a lot.

Green Bay is the #22 defense.....Dallas is 14, just above average.

I'm not going to do your research for you tho.......there's more than this. We'll just cut to calling you an idiot and leave it at that.

Packers weren't fully healthy on defense until the Philly game when they started to dominate and #runthetable. When GB wasn't in prevent defense/soft zone coverage have allowed only 12.6 ppg over the last 8 games. They go into this shutdown mode in the 4th Q when leading by 15+ points. So, at the end of the games the score appears closer than it actually should be if GB just stuck with the defensive gamplan that worked for the first 3+ quarters of the game. The prime example was vs Dal when they only scored 13 points and didn't have one sustained drive for a TD in those three quarters (had the one with Dez but that was just a couple god like plays from Dak and Dez). Then all of a sudden GB goes into shutdown mode and Dal scores 18 points in 1 Q magically. Matt Barkley and Sam Bradford have looked like God's as well when GB shuts it down.

On the the other side, Dal hasn't suffered through as many injuries and GB on defense and their offense assists inflating their stats by controlling the rock with the run game and short passing game. Therefore, the opponents rarely get the ball and develop any kind of rythym. Also, most of their opponents are down as well which makes them more predictable and desperate later in the games. On the other side, GB's defense plays way more snaps because GB's offense is predicated on deep passing and quick scoring. When seen in the first three Q's of this game that GB's defense was legit and Dal's was a fraud as I've been trying to tell Dal homers for weeks but they wouldn't listen.

Yawn, next please

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Future

preview.jpg

Seahawks Future

window-1163609_960_720.jpg

giphy.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Future

preview.jpg

Seahawks Future

window-1163609_960_720.jpg

giphy.gif

I have one.

Do you know how to post photos correctly so your joke doesn't fall flat on its face? Signs are pointing to "no". :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it kind of sucks Dallas drafted so incredibly well in the first and get penalized threw the cap. It gonna be hard to sign Martin in 2 cause he's gonna be the highest paid guard. Then Dak in 3 years cause 4th round picks are FA in 4 years. Then Zeek. They literally have to pay top player at their position in 2 years, 3 years and 4 years. There should be some break for players you drafted. Dallas is in great shape.

The one Cowboy fan that said 10 years is way off. Dez will be 37. Zeek will be a 33 year old RB. Definitely gonna be a powerhouse for 5, but not 10 (unless they keep drafting like this)
10 years is a lifetime in the NFL so you can never say that with any confidence unless you have an Aaron Rodgers or Manning or Brady and even still it's a crap shoot. But, at the same time, no one player will make or break what Dallas accomplishes. The key to staying good is as you said drafting. When one piece goes you need to replace him with a cheaper and/or younger piece. I feel comfortable that they will find a replacement for Dez somewhere in the next 10 years. Five or ten years from now we may be talking about current HS kids as being their best players. The names and faces will change no doubt, but that doesn't mean things will be worse.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers weren't fully healthy on defense until the Philly game when they started to dominate and #runthetable. When GB wasn't in prevent defense/soft zone coverage have allowed only 12.6 ppg over the last 8 games. They go into this shutdown mode in the 4th Q when leading by 15+ points. So, at the end of the games the score appears closer than it actually should be if GB just stuck with the defensive gamplan that worked for the first 3+ quarters of the game. The prime example was vs Dal when they only scored 13 points and didn't have one sustained drive for a TD in those three quarters (had the one with Dez but that was just a couple god like plays from Dak and Dez). Then all of a sudden GB goes into shutdown mode and Dal scores 18 points in 1 Q magically. Matt Barkley and Sam Bradford have looked like God's as well when GB shuts it down.

On the the other side, Dal hasn't suffered through as many injuries and GB on defense and their offense assists inflating their stats by controlling the rock with the run game and short passing game. Therefore, the opponents rarely get the ball and develop any kind of rythym. Also, most of their opponents are down as well which makes them more predictable and desperate later in the games. On the other side, GB's defense plays way more snaps because GB's offense is predicated on deep passing and quick scoring. When seen in the first three Q's of this game that GB's defense was legit and Dal's was a fraud as I've been trying to tell Dal homers for weeks but they wouldn't listen.

Yawn, next please

LOL

No need to explain yourself my Man

Your team has a game this weekend you need to worry about

This debate has already been settled

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie, I wish my Panthers were in the shape that Dallas is in. A lot of contenders operate in a "win-now" mode, but Dallas has a pretty solid foundation for years to come. Jerry finally wised up and remembered you have to have a strong O-line to make things happen (unlike the Panthers who have shopped for O-linemen from the bargain bin at Dollar General). :-P

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have a few really good years left but they will not be dominant like they were this past regular season. This is probably going to start a new round of arguing with the homers being pissed but the Cowboys had a ridiculously easy schedule this past year. With that said going into next year I would still pick them to win the division but they will do so with an 11-5 record and don't be suprised if 3 teams from the NFC East make the playoffs next year.

The Defense is going to be their achilles heel. Aaron Rodgers is easily a top 2 QB right now but even if he is that good there was no way he should have been able to pick the Cowboys apart with the receivers they have. For the game this past weekend the only offensive talent the Packers had was Aaron Rodgers. He should not have been able to do that to them and the Cowboys should be concerned about their defense.

The Cowboys are still going to be good for at least 5-8 years imo (really good to great for 3 more years). It is going to be expensive because they have so much damn talent on offense. If they let someone go don't be suprised if they let Zeke go. The consensus seems to be that RB's are expendable. I disagree but I hear that a lot. I think Zeke is going to be the rushing leader next year and the year after. No one is as good as he is IMO. With that said running backs are not known for longevity so when it is time for a new contract he is going to want to break the bank. He is going to want a bigger contract than the one Adrian Peterson got and he will deserve it. I would not be surprised if he asked for contract around $100 mil. When AP signed his first new deal it had $36 mil in guaranteed money and could have been up to $100 mil (turned out to be $71 mil). He just signed a new 3 year deal for $42 mil.

Dak's Contract could be obscene as well. If he continues to perform the way he does it would not be hard for him to ask for Andrew Luck money. Luck signed a $140 mil deal with $87 mil in guaranteed money. It is a QB league and they get paid ridiculous money.

The problem I see for the Cowboys is not that they will not have the money but that all these deals will be within 1 year of each other. That means they have been the best drafting team in the NFL over the past 3-5 years. They do a good job of keeping good players so we should not assume they will not do so now. I just have not seen a team with this much talent on offense at one time since the 49er's and Cowboys of the early 90's. So it will be interesting how they do it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
year to year league
everyone starts the same and shit changes in a hurry.

I won't assume anything

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not going to happen. There's no D in little d. Sorry, that Defense is straight out of the Garbage.

Green bays defense isn't very good nor is Atlanta's. One of those teams will be In super bowl

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yawn, next please

YAWN, cherry picking stats as expected.

Once again.....Green Bay has a PROVEN worse defense than Dallas, that's FACT, not opinion

Worse in nearly every statistical category - LOL at you and your "when healthy and in 3rd and 50 the GB defense is only allowing 10 yards and no points in 4th quarters facing 3rd string QBs that are cousins to the HC's sister"

LMAO

You lost. Stop posting nonsense.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green bays defense isn't very good nor is Atlanta's. One of those teams will be In super bowl

Pointing out this fact to a moron isn't going to help.....he'll just keep trolling because he doesn't actually have an argument against this

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out this fact to a moron isn't going to help.....he'll just keep trolling because he doesn't actually have an argument against this

The packers will be relevant as long as they have Rodgers.

I think Vikings have bright future, the concern for me is Teddy. I truly believe he was going to take next step. I never thought he'd be top 5 qb but 6-10 range possible

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team on paper doesn't always win. too many intngibles and wasn't meant to be. We don't lose any of our key guys this year, so we should be able to get another shot next year. Even with a harder schedule I think Dallas still is a favorite to be one of the best 6 in the NFC.

:behindsofa:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAWN, cherry picking stats as expected.

Once again.....Green Bay has a PROVEN worse defense than Dallas, that's FACT, not opinion

Worse in nearly every statistical category - LOL at you and your "when healthy and in 3rd and 50 the GB defense is only allowing 10 yards and no points in 4th quarters facing 3rd string QBs that are cousins to the HC's sister"

LMAO

You lost. Stop posting nonsense.

He lost?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers will be relevant as long as they have Rodgers.

I think Vikings have bright future, the concern for me is Teddy. I truly believe he was going to take next step. I never thought he'd be top 5 qb but 6-10 range possible

I agree, I think teddy was ripe for that next step, kid is a baller for sure, and works hard

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate, most certainly so.

Green Bay has one of the worst defenses in the league.

He's arguing Dallas can't win because of a lack of defense......yet Green Bay's defense is much worse. So is Atlanta's.......yet one of these teams is going to the SB.

You can't win contradicting your own arguments.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have a few really good years left but they will not be dominant like they were this past regular season. This is probably going to start a new round of arguing with the homers being pissed but the Cowboys had a ridiculously easy schedule this past year. With that said going into next year I would still pick them to win the division but they will do so with an 11-5 record and don't be suprised if 3 teams from the NFC East make the playoffs next year.

The Defense is going to be their achilles heel. Aaron Rodgers is easily a top 2 QB right now but even if he is that good there was no way he should have been able to pick the Cowboys apart with the receivers they have. For the game this past weekend the only offensive talent the Packers had was Aaron Rodgers. He should not have been able to do that to them and the Cowboys should be concerned about their defense.

The Cowboys are still going to be good for at least 5-8 years imo (really good to great for 3 more years). It is going to be expensive because they have so much damn talent on offense. If they let someone go don't be suprised if they let Zeke go. The consensus seems to be that RB's are expendable. I disagree but I hear that a lot. I think Zeke is going to be the rushing leader next year and the year after. No one is as good as he is IMO. With that said running backs are not known for longevity so when it is time for a new contract he is going to want to break the bank. He is going to want a bigger contract than the one Adrian Peterson got and he will deserve it. I would not be surprised if he asked for contract around $100 mil. When AP signed his first new deal it had $36 mil in guaranteed money and could have been up to $100 mil (turned out to be $71 mil). He just signed a new 3 year deal for $42 mil.

Dak's Contract could be obscene as well. If he continues to perform the way he does it would not be hard for him to ask for Andrew Luck money. Luck signed a $140 mil deal with $87 mil in guaranteed money. It is a QB league and they get paid ridiculous money.

The problem I see for the Cowboys is not that they will not have the money but that all these deals will be within 1 year of each other. That means they have been the best drafting team in the NFL over the past 3-5 years. They do a good job of keeping good players so we should not assume they will not do so now. I just have not seen a team with this much talent on offense at one time since the 49er's and Cowboys of the early 90's. So it will be interesting how they do it.
There is no doubt the Cowboys D needs to get better and in particular the pass rush, but based on your comment, explain the Giants game the week before where he was even better? The Giants have a very good defense IMO and Rodgers had a better day against them.