• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick's Future

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he always knows where he lives. He just sometimes doesn't know where he is. ;)
LOL, I know where I live, but sometimes I just don't remember how I got here.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In DEN he'll be in a position similar to previous years in SF (before the defense got ravaged by retires/arrests/etc) where there was not as much pressure on him to carry the team. Also, I don't think the public knew about the shoulder problems he had the surgery for.

Bold: but I agree, with his present mentality, it will be tough to put it together for 16 games. His lack of confidence was pretty obvious in gameplay. On a side note, I also had damn Torrey Smith (and Boldin) in FF last year, and it didn't appear that Kaep could get the freakin' ball to him.

Because he cannot read a defense and find the open man i mean just go back and watch the rams game where in his own endzone Smith stands wide open on sideline and basically is waving his arms and he doesn't see him

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Denver won't win the AFC West with a bad QB. As good as the Seahawk's defense is, they would be an average team without Russell Wilson. By the way, for my age, I probably have more smarts than you ever will.
I give up, I feel like I'm talking to my father in law, who can't remember the story he told 5 minutes ago so he tells it again.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jaworski was wrong.....which is clearly evident by the performance itself. Now you want to bring Peyton Manning into the conversation? Peyton Manning was not shipped anywhere....the Colts made a wise decision to get Andrew Luck, and Manning was released. Lets also not forget that he basically sucked this year, and the defense carried them to the Super Bowl.

And you think you are better than Jaws in the analytic acumen department? Puhleease.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think you are better than Jaws in the analytic acumen department? Puhleease.

Did I say that? No, I didn't. I said Jaworski's opinion was wrong....and it was. It's laughably wrong. Kaepernick's declining play proves this. The fact that there is so little interest in Kaepernick when everybody knows he's on the trading block proves this.

'Oh....but what Ron Jaworski said 3 years ago!'

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Kelly is not going to make personnel decisions for the 49ers. He's a really good coach, but he's not a good GM at all. He's like Mike Holmgren in that respect.

You have to question the man's judgement in general.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I brought Jaws who has looked into tons of films over the years description in response to the guy who claims Kap had no skills. And yes, Jaworski still says he has the toolset just that he has not used it!
I know Payton Manning was thought to be over the hill enough to be shipped to Denver to win the Superbowl.

He has the tool set as in the athletic abilities to throw, run, etc. He can't figure out how to use them. As previously stated, he's more athlete than QB.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up, I feel like I'm talking to my father in law, who can't remember the story he told 5 minutes ago so he tells it again.
Well there you go. You gave up, now you can go back to your mom's basement. Have a good life.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won with BELOW average QB play last season. Correct me if I'm wrong, they did win the SB right?

They aren't returning with the same defense however. They've lost some considerable talent this offseason, not including QBs.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't returning with the same defense however. They've lost some considerable talent this offseason, not including QBs.

Denver lost 2 starters on Defense, that's not significant. And honestly while they are good players they were probably 2 of the weaker starters on the Defense. Malik Jackson played really well in maybe 4 games at most this season and just average every other game, and Trevathan will be missed because he was a good LB but Denver has some pretty good prospects ready to take his place.

Losing Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan aren't as big of a deal as some people would have you believe.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver lost 2 starters on Defense, that's not significant. And honestly while they are good players they were probably 2 of the weaker starters on the Defense. Malik Jackson played really well in maybe 4 games at most this season and just average every other game, and Trevathan will be missed because he was a good LB but Denver has some pretty good prospects ready to take his place.

Losing Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan aren't as big of a deal as some people would have you believe.

Gaining Sanchize and Kaep isn't as good of an idea as some people would have you believe either.

Super Bowl teams often miss the playoffs the year after exactly for this scenario. Teams get raided in free agency once players get their rings and guys get complacent (and distracted in the offseason with the increased attention by the media, commercial endorsements, etc).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then again losing Jackson and Trevathan is a bigger deal than some people would have us believe. Two quality starters on a very very good D. Prospects and subs don't normally just jump right in and replace that kind of talent. They were/are prospects and subs for a reason. If 1 of 2 fill the void count yourself lucky.
The other piece that gets overlooked is those prospects and subs were key depth position players. They now need to be replaced. Can they be replaced in the draft? Quite possibly but they could also be busts?
Denver will be fine. As good as last year likely not still needing to fill the current holes. I'm not sure they win their division unless they do something in FA or hit big on the draft. It's made more difficult due to cap situation.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying their on their way back to the SB, but better WB play over last year will help. With Dance and Kaep I think their hoping one can play as a middle of the pack QB, and take their shot. FWIW, I'm picking KC to win the AFCW.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should probably find a handball league to play in. He'd probably be functional at that sport.

Maybe be a relief pitcher. That's one of the best positions in sports.

This game is clearly beyond his capabilities.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You have to question the man's judgement in general.

I do. What I don't question is his discipline and ability to run a football team. Personnel management is a totally different skill set that only extremely rare head coaches like Bill Walsh & Jimmy Johnson possess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. What I don't question is his discipline and ability to run a football team. Personnel management is a totally different skill set that only extremely rare head coaches like Bill Walsh & Jimmy Johnson possess.

...and I'm just saying that bad judgement doesn't just stop when he changes from personnel to game time. I don't think he's ever going to really fit (or enjoy) the NFL and will end up back in college soon enough.