• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick's Future

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are record saying they have no interest after he begged them to take him.
Does anyone want this guy? Is he good enough to back up Geno Smith for the Jets? :noidea:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are playing chicken with Fitzpatrick

if they lose, they will absolutely make a strong push to get Kapernick....No matter what they say, there is no way they will turn that team over to Geno Smith

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe the Jets haven't called the Titans about Zach Mettenberger.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe the Jets haven't called the Titans about Zach Mettenberger.

Or Mike Glennon Or AJ Mccarron

I think both those teams would be reluctant to give those guys up considering the importance of a backup, especially backing up unproven youngsters.....

But if you think they could be franchise QB's, is any price too high?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought about that. I need to get Jerry on the phone ASAP.
I thought Zach would have been a good fit behind Romo when the Titans drafted him

Talk to them at the meetings Jerry what can it hurt

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the niners have to cut him by April 4th or his contract becomes guaranteed for the year? If I were the Browns I would wait for the niners to cut him and then resign him to a better deal

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are playing chicken with Fitzpatrick

if they lose, they will absolutely make a strong push to get Kapernick....No matter what they say, there is no way they will turn that team over to Geno Smith

For DEN to kick the tires and say too much, I think Fitz has managed his money well and he's saying fuck it...he has a number and not interested in playing for lower.

Jet are kind of up the creek w/o a paddle. I was a little surprised they didn't make an offer for RG3....cheaper than Kaep's contract.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For DEN to kick the tires and say too much, I think Fitz has managed his money well and he's saying fuck it...he has a number and not interested in playing for lower.

Jet are kind of up the creek w/o a paddle. I was a little surprised they didn't make an offer for RG3....cheaper than Kaep's contract.

I think they are kinda both up the creek in this situation......Starting job opportunities seem to be dwindling for Fitz, something I think the Jets have been counting on, I think his price tag has turned off more than just the Jets, like you mentioned, Denver.....So it appears thus far the Jets game of daring Fitzpatrick to go find a better offer, and better situation, cause Fitz has to know he had the ideal marriage in NY, is working so far...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the niners have to cut him by April 4th or his contract becomes guaranteed for the year? If I were the Browns I would wait for the niners to cut him and then resign him to a better deal

Arent the Browns a virtual lock to draft one of these QB's coming out?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want kaep, that would be the smart thing to do. We are talking about the Browns though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are kinda both up the creek in this situation......Starting job opportunities seem to be dwindling for Fitz, something I think the Jets have been counting on, I think his price tag has turned off more than just the Jets, like you mentioned, Denver.....So it appears thus far the Jets game of daring Fitzpatrick to go find a better offer, and better situation, cause Fitz has to know he had the ideal marriage in NY, is working so far...

I think the Jets knew his number was out of whack, and Fitz is finding that out himself...that's why I say he's either not terribly excited to play for less or, he's playing a good game of seeing who blinks 1st....the Jets are indeed his best chance to be at least in a comfort zone with the system.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets knew his number was out of whack, and Fitz is finding that out himself...that's why I say he's either not terribly excited to play for less or, he's playing a good game of seeing who blinks 1st....the Jets are indeed his best chance to be at least in a comfort zone with the system.

My guess is Fitz entered this offseason with a reasonable number in his mind, thats why is was pretty much assumed they would get something done very quickly

Than the Bradford deal, or even worse, the Foles number, and Fitz correctly said to himself and his agent "Neither of these guys has ever had a season like i just had"

And everything changed.....But even in his best season, he was just dreadful in a postseason clinching game, and he himself still hasnt seen a postseason game

And im sure thats the Jets perspective on the whole thing

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The think the Browns might want a stop gap for some or most of '16 or decent #2.

Agree on the Browns angle...But if Kapernick has a say, being still a very young QB, is that a situation he would wanna step into?

or maybe he thinks he could cause the Browns to not draft a QB?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Fitz entered this offseason with a reasonable number in his mind, thats why is was pretty much assumed they would get something done very quickly

Than the Bradford deal, or even worse, the Foles number, and Fitz correctly said to himself and his agent "Neither of these guys has ever had a season like i just had"

And everything changed.....But even in his best season, he was just dreadful in a postseason clinching game, and he himself still hasnt seen a postseason game

And im sure thats the Jets perspective on the whole thing

Mine as well...you can't define a season on one game but you got the see the player on stage when the game meant the most and at his age...you have to think...okay, bad game, but how much better can he get?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the Browns angle...But if Kapernick has a say, being still a very young QB, is that a situation he would wanna step into?

or maybe he thinks he could cause the Browns to not draft a QB?

He just grasping for straw...sees an opportunity to start.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine as well...you can't define a season on one game but you got the see the player on stage when the game meant the most and at his age...you have to think...okay, bad game, but how much better can he get?

Totally agree from where you and I are sitting...But at the negotiating table, im sure the Jets in as non-insulting a way as possible, point to the fact that the Jets did miss the postseason last year...

And I agree, this is much more about how high the ceiling, and how long the future for Fitzpatrick...In a very best case scenario, the Jets know he is a placeholder for Quarterback X for 2 seasons, in which they hope to get to the playoffs, and see what happens...

At least with a guy like Bradford, the Eagles are hoping for the next decade, and the best is yet to come