• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Most Likely to be Fired

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously its Charlie Strong because of all the hype.
-
Guy has a pass for at least 2 years. Texas had 0 NFL players, so he has an easy excuse saying talent is down. Schedule is completely front loaded. If Texas starts 4-3, I would be happy. The back end eases up, so everyone can say it is clicking with a solid finish.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Guy has a pass for at least 2 years. Texas had 0 NFL players, so he has an easy excuse saying talent is down. Schedule is completely front loaded. If Texas starts 4-3, I would be happy. The back end eases up, so everyone can say it is clicking with a solid finish.
I was joking.

I would say 4-3 is a realistic anticipation. I could see a win over OU or Baylor though as well. So maybe 5-2?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In years past, 7-6 and 8-5 seasons were disasters at Michigan. What do Michigan fans think a bad season is now??
Does 8-5 this year let him keep his job.

More than likely, it would really depend how the make up of those wins and loses and how they looked in them.

If there were clear signs of improvement throughout the season, which ends on a high note of beating the Buckeyes then yes, 8-5 would absolutely be enough.

You bring up the last two years, which yes, stringing two season like that when the Big Blue machine was running on all cylinders would be cause for concern. But remember it wasn't that long ago Michigan went 3-9 and 5-7 (you want to talk about disasters!). There are still plenty of fans (like myself) that understand Michigan was an absolute train wreck (especially on the lines) when Hoke took the reigns, and that there would be growing pains until Hoke fully righted the ship. I think this will be the breakthru year. Not saying they will do great things, but they should surprise a lot of people.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini will be at Nebraska until Pelini decides to leave. I am figuring after next season (2015), which will probably be his best, he will move back up to the big league.
-------
Tom, I hope your right about his leaving, but many fans have been saying of Pelini (this is his year) for awhile. I truly don't think he's going to avoid another 4 loss year. And yes, with that 2015 recruiting class, there may be just enough quality coaches sniffing around the Big Red that Bo may not be around after next year regardless. Even with just one good year, with all those 4 los years (in a row) not too sure the pros would want him other than possibly and assistant.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1a. It has to be Bo Pelini, unless Nebraska has realized their place and has settled for mediocrity. Solich did so much more and was fired.

We had the worst AD ever in the history of the world when Solich was here.

None of us wanted him fired.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy isn't even playing with 2 years of recruits, give him a break

I don't personally think he should be on a short leash. I just suspect that Cal is spoiled right now and thinks they ought to be better than they are, very similar to post Glen Mason Minnesota.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but that's what they said about Mack Brown. If 2015 is truly your year, and he doesn't deliver, then you can throw that statement out the window.

Yea, but we aren't Texas.

Nebraska has enough money to go buy whoever they want.....they just won't do it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely, it would really depend how the make up of those wins and loses and how they looked in them.

If there were clear signs of improvement throughout the season, which ends on a high note of beating the Buckeyes then yes, 8-5 would absolutely be enough.

You bring up the last two years, which yes, stringing two season like that when the Big Blue machine was running on all cylinders would be cause for concern. But remember it wasn't that long ago Michigan went 3-9 and 5-7 (you want to talk about disasters!). There are still plenty of fans (like myself) that understand Michigan was an absolute train wreck (especially on the lines) when Hoke took the reigns, and that there would be growing pains until Hoke fully righted the ship. I think this will be the breakthru year. Not saying they will do great things, but they should surprise a lot of people.

Your right, but I'm thinking that by year 4, with a new Coach at Michigan, it's not out of the question to be expecting big things to happen and playing in the CCG and winning that, and expecting more. Michigan has the money name and resources to be bad ass in their 4th year of head coach tenure no matter how bad it was when he got there. I'm feeling like he's not going to make it and watching Hoke for these past 3 years, he doesn't strike me as a great coach ready to explode after enough time recruiting.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, but I'm thinking that by year 4, with a new Coach at Michigan, it's not out of the question to be expecting big things to happen and playing in the CCG and winning that, and expecting more. Michigan has the money name and resources to be bad ass in their 4th year of head coach tenure no matter how bad it was when he got there. I'm feeling like he's not going to make it and watching Hoke for these past 3 years, he doesn't strike me as a great coach ready to explode after enough time recruiting.

Maybe, but like I said, he found the program in an dumpster fire. It takes more time than average to build back up from that. I think personally he has a lot of potential has a head coach, he showed it his first year when he won the Sugar Bowl, which was done on the backs of the seniors, Carr's last class. So I think when he fully has his system up and running he will have Michigan winning conference championships/competing for and winning national championships.

Time will tell, but you are right, if there is not at least improvement in play this year, that could spell trouble.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GT AD doesn't really WANT to win or Johnson would have been gone years ago - hell he'd have never been hired.

We have him now. They have a new AD. Well, he's only been on the job for a year or so.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have him now. They have a new AD. Well, he's only been on the job for a year or so.

My understanding is it's too expensive to get rid of him so they are in the process of waiting him out. It's a lot harder to right a 3mm check to fire a coach in the ACC when your conference take is already almost 10mm less than the SEC schools you are recruiting against.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously guise, no one could do better than Bo. He does such a great job getting 9 wins vs the grueling schedules he goes up against. 3-4 vs plus .500 teams last season. Thats gotta be a record or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Hoke's seat might get a little warm...but there are probably two other B1G coaches with hotter seats than Hoke: Kyle Flood of Rutgers, and Tim Beckman of Illinois.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady Hoke isn't nearly on as hot a seat as you think (not so say there isn't heat). There still plenty of fans who want to see him succeed and have plenty of reason to think he will in the long wrong. Those that can look past a couple of "bad" seasons and see the huge potential this team has.

But most of all he has the full support of Dave Brandon, the AD, the guy who hired Hoke in the first place. IMHO it will take an absolute disaster of a season for them to pull the trigger.
Agree, I don't think he has UM as far away as some think, a QB and a few more defensive players and imo they are fine.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, I jumped on the Gary Patterson bandwagon before TCU joined the Big 12.

To his defense the pot scandal put them in a pickle at about the worst time possible just starting in a better conference. If Texas would have just legalize weed TCU could be a power right now :lol:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Hey, here’s a thought. Since we have Will Muschamp all broken in and he was your HC in waiting, how bout we just trade him back to you guys straight up for Charlie?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, here’s a thought. Since we have Will Muschamp all broken in and he was your HC in waiting, how bout we just trade him back to you guys straight up for Charlie?

I would take Muschamp back as a DC any day of the week. Head coach, not so sure about that. Being a good coordinator doesn't mean you will be a good HC, plus he was almost making a million a year at Texas coaching defense. Didn't have to worry about the extra stress of being a head coach.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Muschamp back as a DC any day of the week. Head coach, not so sure about that. Being a good coordinator doesn't mean you will be a good HC, plus he was almost making a million a year at Texas coaching defense. Didn't have to worry about the extra stress of being a head coach.

Agreed. He was a very good DC. He could someday be a very good HC. But starting your first HC job at a place like UF or Texas or Bama is a recipe for disaster.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He was a very good DC. He could someday be a very good HC. But starting your first HC job at a place like UF or Texas or Bama is a recipe for disaster.
MIKEDUBOSE250_721AP.JPG