• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Most Likely to be Fired

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Kill

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He was a very good DC. He could someday be a very good HC. But starting your first HC job at a place like UF or Texas or Bama is a recipe for disaster.
I do think Muschamp has learned, over the last couple of years, that he needs to lighten up and not be such a control freak over everything. I am anxious to see if Kurt Roper can turn this offense around, and if Coach Boom can loosen up the reins and let Roper do his job.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, when states pay their football coaches more than they pay their governor and Congress combined, they expect miracles. You can't fool mathematics. Half of the teams will lose on any given Saturday. And spoiled fans scream at top volume when they lose 4 games.

So, what we all end up with is coaches who act like chickens and schedule 3 or even 4 cupcakes in their OOC slates, all so they can have a "winning" record. Greed and cowardice is ruining the sport.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, when states pay their football coaches more than they pay their governor and Congress combined, they expect miracles. You can't fool mathematics. Half of the teams will lose on any given Saturday. And spoiled fans scream at top volume when they lose 4 games.

So, what we all end up with is coaches who act like chickens and schedule 3 or even 4 cupcakes in their OOC slates, all so they can have a "winning" record. Greed and cowardice is ruining the sport.

Basically what BSu has been doing since they thought they were "special".

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just this statement alone voids any credibility as to your knowledge of the scheduling process in college football. Coaches do not act like chickens, and have nothing to do with the scheduling of their teams. Athletic directors are the ones who develop the schedules.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Mark Richt get fired from Georgia?
Please, please, please, do not let Mark Richt get fired from Georgia. As long as Mark Richt is the head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs, we don't have to worry about them winning championships. :suds:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, please, please, do not let Mark Richt get fired from Georgia. As long as Mark Richt is the head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs, we don't have to worry about them winning championships. :suds:

We already sent Muschamp to sabotage UF so touche'

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what BSu has been doing since they thought they were "special".

God, you can't read. I said as much. I don't like it when my school plays an FCS team, I've said it repeatedly, which they've done twice in 5 years. Bama has done it SIX times in the same time frame. The best program in the nation with the highest paid coach, the highest rated recruits, and more trophies than nearly anyone does it...acting like they are in the Sun Belt Conference in the OOC. So brave of you.

Look, when Boise beats those teams, they are beating teams with similar budgets and similarly rated players.

What's YOUR excuse, Bama? Yeah, yeah, cowardice and greed. Oh, and fans that enjoy watching their teams do it, and pay big bucks to watch these jokes of football games.

Own it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see smiles still hasn't figured out a season is 12 games, not 4.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I PRAY Sark wins like 9-10 games and gets a lifetime contract. After which he can go back to winning seven every year

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see smiles still hasn't figured out a season is 12 games, not 4.

Seems that 4down hasn't figured out that in the only games his team controls, that they CHOOSE to act like they were in the Sun Belt Conference.

Typical, take credit for the actions of others, change the subject when confronted with one's own choices.

Yes, that's how you roll, Tide.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will Mark Richt get fired from Georgia?
Yeah, because when we look at what you Vols did with Fulmer it makes so much sense to fire a coach who in his coaching career at UGa:

- 73% winning percentage, 7th most winning coach in CFB (I excluded Boise for obvious reasons)
- Best winning % of all UGa coaches since 1920
- Played 2 BCS OOC in all but 2 years
- 5 Division Champs, 2 SEC champs
- Bowl game every year (8-4)
- 2-1 BCS Bowls
- All around great guy

Other than no NC (coaching in a conference that won 8 of the 12 during his tenure), what is there to dislike? I'd love to have the NC, who wouldn't. But, it's been a great 12 seasons. I'd take another 12 like it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that 4down hasn't figured out that in the only games his team controls, that they CHOOSE to act like they were in the Sun Belt Conference.

Typical, take credit for the actions of others, change the subject when confronted with one's own choices.

Yes, that's how you roll, Tide.

If they choose to act like they were in the Sun Belt, they'd have 11 games against such teams rather than 3. Like Boise St does.

When Alabama plays such a team a few times a year = greed and cowardice. When Boise St plays them 11 times a year - it's because they have no choice and it's out of their control. Nevermind the ridiculous amounts of money and circumstances Boise St demands to play a team.

:lol:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen still has too much of a buyout, fans will be VERY restless again if there is another non bowl season . If Doc Holiday ( WV native,WVU grad, long time asst coach at WVU great recruiter rep) continues to have success at Marshall.... Holgy might get his house burned to the ground :lol:

Holgy will save himself, some how we will pull out 6 games. We actually do have a fair amount returning. If nothing else I want him back next year so we can sign the recruits we got committed now. (Never a given, but usually they end up signing)

However you are right, should Marshall have another good year and us be 4-8 again, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Remember though, Ollie hired Holgorsen, it's his baby. Short of going 0-12, I really feel like Ollie will give DH 2015 as well.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go 7-5 this year with this schedule I'm going to kick a cat.

I am pretty sure it is legal and socially acceptable to kick a cat at any time. Don't let this act be predicated on whether the Maize and Blue suck ass again.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they choose to act like they were in the Sun Belt, they'd have 11 games against such teams rather than 3. Like Boise St does.

When Alabama plays such a team a few times a year = greed and cowardice. When Boise St plays them 11 times a year - it's because they have no choice and it's out of their control. Nevermind the ridiculous amounts of money and circumstances Boise St demands to play a team.

:lol:

You are truly clueless, but that's why I like you, 4 down. At least Boise plays those games fairly, home and home, Bama doesn't. Boise is a member of the MWC and plays teams with similar budgets, and usually wins. And hey, if you want to get picky, the MWC has some big victories over SEC schools over the years, they ain't the Sun Belt. Boise only played 2 FCS teams in 5 years, all because no FBS school would visit, or backed out. Bama does it every year, 6 in the same time frame. And you can't figure out the difference between an absolute top team scheduling like a coward and a mid level one that doesn't have a choice, especially if they want 6 home games, since pretty much every year they are forced to open on the road against a major who often won't return the favor.

I could go on, but facts never get in the way of your logic, dear friend. You whine about Boise, simply because that way you can avoid discussing your school. Yup that's how you roll, Tide.:nod: