• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clock may be ticking for DeForest

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be very very bad, we could be looking at a house cleaning from Luck on down if the OSU crew that we hired on were in on this crap and they continued it here.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really sucks, the only trouble that I can remember from the NCAA at WVU was a few years ago for practicing too much. I hope there is nothing here, and if Efore did it at OSU, he needs to be fired NOW, half a million salary for this bum is foolish anyway. It seems to me the only job he should have NEAR a stadium is selling hot dogs.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been other issues... Johnathan Hargett ring a bell? We got lucky on that one.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In football Mac, in football Rupp taught Catlett how to cheat, I was talking football.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, AGAIN, that is not football, and it was about the firing of a coach for unethical behavior. That is TINY potatos compared to the Efore allegations.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess former players are coming out a denying everything so let's not jump to conclusions about anything going on here....the biggest thing IMO and the thing in which may cost him his job here is that he admitted to having players working at his home....when they checked with the compliance office this was never approved...may have hung himself with that one.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fool, the arrogance of some people is amazing!!!! I doubt that ANY compliance officer at ANY school would allow a player to do work for a coach. :lame: He has to go, the guy can't coach, is an idiot, and MAY be a cheater.:L

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if this one thing is true, cut ties and lets move on....two years in a row this guy is becoming a distraction.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, DeForest was a bad hire before this even surfaced, we have a good looking group of recruits lining up for this year, no reason to jeopardize signing all of them by having this kind of a cloud hovering over the program for THIS guy especially. We can get a special teams coach that's just as good and prob better for a lot less money AND a clean slate. Time to cut bait imo.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author of this piece is Thayer Evans.

He does not have a solid reputation. Many of his articles have been cited for their inaccurate information.

He writes many negative pieces about OU and OSU.

Not saying there isn't something here... just sayin'...

actually, the dude hates OSWho and Texas. He is an OU fan, but has no affiliation with the university and never attended school.

I think there may be some truth to what is being written about, but not to the extent he alleges.

DeForest may be in trouble tho. We shall see how it plays out.

I also wonder of Les's sphincter is tightening up a little bit as this all allegedly started with his tenure at OSWho.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a statute of limitations on things like this?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not under certain circumstances...

Allegations generally are based on violations that have occurred four or fewer years before the time an institution is notified of an investigation or an institution notifies the enforcement staff of violations. However, the enforcement staff may allege violations that have occurred beyond the four-year period if they involve (1) the eligibility of a current student-athlete, (2) a pattern of willful violations that began before the four-year window but continue into the four-year window or (3) a blatant disregard for certain fundamental rules (recruiting, extra benefits, academics, ethical conduct) or (4) an effort to conceal violations.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, the dude hates OSWho and Texas. He is an OU fan, but has no affiliation with the university and never attended school.

I think there may be some truth to what is being written about, but not to the extent he alleges.

DeForest may be in trouble tho. We shall see how it plays out.

I also wonder of Les's sphincter is tightening up a little bit as this all allegedly started with his tenure at OSWho.
I was talking to another OU fan about this (can't remember who) and he pointed out that this is printed in SI. I have a hard time believing SI would print the article if there wasn't some solid proof to back it up. ESPN or CBS, sure, but SI? Anything is possible, but I have a feeling this ends badly for a lot of people. At least we're hoping it ends badly for eforest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author used to do freelance for the New York Times, and his articles were called out for their inaccuracies.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read both of these articles so far and I have to say I am not very impressed....everyone who the players in the article mention either deny or have since passed.

Not sure much of anything is going to come of this if this is all they have, in light of the johnny "Cash" thing it almost seems the NCAA needs video and sound of the infraction happening to do anything.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State football: Why OSU is better off expressing shame than blame | News OK

Even if you throw out the testimony of all the players, there's self-incriminating information in the report.

Joe DeForest admitting he employed players privately to work at his house. Are you kidding me?

That's reckless in and of itself. No way OSU should have allowed that to go on, no matter how long it did.

DeForest had a loose cannon reputation in his 11 years in Stillwater. Can anyone truthfully say they're shocked at the claims that DeForest paid players for performance?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more info I hear about and see on this the better I feel about us not having any problems out of all of it. In the next year or two when we are paying the players this will be laughable anyway.