• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers?? why???

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder need to win this year else they may blow it up No they will not, Durant may leave though
The Clippers are over rated. I fucking hate CP3 Probably are a little but they were good last year and then got better so...

Spurs will be a force like always and again will not have the respect True, they always very quietly "sneak" into the 1 or 2 seed it seems
Houston will be able to score with anyone, can they defend? They should be able to inside now making opposing teams more of an outside shooters which always is a plus for the D
I think the Mavs improved How could they not?
Denver is still very solid Denver is an ok team but young team
Memphis still will be around and still will take the 5 or 6 and be done

West is tough tough tough

...at the top 6

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are finished theres no telling what could happend with them at their age...no way they make it back to the finals...Spurs had some lucky breaks with teams like the Lakers,Thunder being injured it made their run a little easier . That aint happening again!

I can accept a premise that supports the CLIPPERS as being default due to the age of the Spurs.

But, the premise falsely assumes the Spurs are old.
The SPURS are actually quite youthful compared to the false perception.

In fact, they might have been NBA champions had Danny Green and Kawahi Leonard had a little more experience. As great as those two played, they had youthful miscues in a tight series.

They only have 2 players on the entire roster on the wrong side of the prime years.
Of the two, only Manu Ginobili seems a bit over the hill.

Tim Duncan was 1st team all NBA/1st team all NBA defense in 2012 lest we forget.

The SPURS intend to showcase KAWAHI LEONARD more and slowly phase out Ginobili.
I believe any losses from Ginobili will be more than offset by expected gains from Leonard.

So, I am not sure that is a great reason to pick the Clippers.

But, I can at least see the theory behind it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers addressed one issue which was perimeter shooting. They apparently addressed another issue which was coaching (although VDN did coach the Clippers to their franchise best record). I think they win plenty of regular season games again. But how do these changes translate in the playoffs? Doc is great with set plays out of timeouts. They need to have a better offensive game plan in general though. There was a lot of CP3 dribbling the ball for most of the shot clock. This has shown to not be very effective over a 7 game series.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very easy to point out who the contenders are in the NBA, this isn't football. Teams like Memphis and GSW simply offer "challenges" to contending teams. The Finals champion will be either Miami, Indiana, Chicago, OKC, Spurs, or LAC. I would put Brooklyn on that list, but they'll run out of gas late in the playoffs and are sporting a rookie HC. Chicago is also another team I'm skeptical about since they're usually a regular season team similar to those Cavs teams w/Lebron.

There's a reason that the West has sported only 4 teams in the Finals for the last 15 years (mainly the Lakers and Spurs).

I seriously can't wait until the playoffs....this shit is ridiculous to read at times.

No Memphis and golden state are championship contenders pretty mug anyone can come out of the west. Pretty much any of the 6 west teams can come out of the west. I'm not so sure clippers are better than the warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously know nothing about the warriors so I'm ok with you're response. I'm usually pretty good at predictions so there's that.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee,curry, igoudala are a great top 3. 3 potential all star canidates. Bogut a top 5 center when healthy, Barnes has star potential. Klay Thompson is a good SG but I think he's reached his potential already but we will see.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously know nothing about the warriors so I'm ok with you're response. I'm usually pretty good at predictions so there's that.

I know plenty about the Warriors. Curry is an amazing PG, it's just will his paper ankles hold up. Clay Thompson is a great shooter, and he's a great shooter.....and that's about it. Andrew Boggut is always injured and David Lee is pretty much useless on that team. The only signing I like is Iguodala, but you already have Harrison Barnes who already plays the wing position.

You lost your best bench player in Jarrett Jack. I think the Warriors will be a really good team, I'm just not going to put them in the elite category yet. Memphis is the same, they lost great coaching in Hollins. The only bench player they have is Mike Miller - whom barely played last season and was kept on the bench solely for the playoffs.

It's cool that you don't agree with me and that's fine. We can argue about this until we're blue in the face. As I mentioned before there are only 6 teams that will make the Finals this coming season. I hope you're ready to sack up when you're wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee,curry, igoudala are a great top 3. 3 potential all star canidates. Bogut a top 5 center when healthy, Barnes has star potential. Klay Thompson is a good SG but I think he's reached his potential already but we will see.

Lee and Iguodala as all-stars is reaching. Iggy has little to no offensive game. He's one helluva defender, but you're reaching when you think he's an all-star. I'll give you Curry, but can he stay healthy?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who picked clippers???

and thunder??? please their starting Center now is Collison

Clippers are 4th seed at best.

Rockets will be a 1 or 2 seed, along with the Spurs most likely.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors fans are delusional. You're a good team but you're not a contender. At best you will make it to the 2nd round

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who picked clippers???

and thunder??? please their starting Center now is Collison

Clippers are 4th seed at best.

Rockets will be a 1 or 2 seed, along with the Spurs most likely.

I'm not high on the Rockets. The Clippers got better this offseason and they're made for the regular season. They will win between 55 and 59 games.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the media enthusiasm for the new look Rockets.
I can understand the Golden State hopefuls.

But, I cannot fathom why the Clippers are the runaway picks with the Thunder to finish 2nd or 1st.
They seem to be the sexy pick on every website or media outlet to represent the West.

Forget my own San Antonio homerism....

I just don't see exactly what they did to go from a team that is Memphis/SA fodder to Western champs.

Lose Billups, Hill, Butler, Bledsoe, and maybe Odom.
Gain Reddick and Jared Dudley.

Is that really a talent upgrade????

I know they added Doc Rivers. But, this a talent league. Coaches are secondary.

I am curious to hear logical reasons why they are the Western Darlings now???

Coaching upgrade and a big one. I don't think many would argue that Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the NBA and the Clippers have him on board. The Clippers is going to be one hell of a team with Rivers in charge.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warrrior fans are ignoring the losses of Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry.

They just assume their additions of Speights and Iguodala were merely add-ons to the same roster.

Jack was unquestionably the heart and soul of the team. He was the vocal leader and a damn good player in that system. Iguodala is probably a better all around player, but he does lose out in the leadership role.

Carl Landry is another player in that gritty leadership mode. He gave the Spurs fits in that series. HIs loss is another blow. Speights might be a slightly better offensive player, but Landry is a much better all around player.

So, although GSW added a big name in Iguodala and a Landry replacement (Speights)...... they lost two huge components of the core.

They will be a good team and probably win 49-53 games, but I don't think they will be good enough to get a top 4 seed.

They will probably still be more of a threat than the Clippers overall. Which still confuses me?? Hence this thread.....

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is clutch, and a leader. Only thing that will mess him up is being President.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is clutch, and a leader. Only thing that will mess him up is being President.

:agree: I'm not exactly sure why he took on that role. Alot of headaches from an outside perspective to pile on to the amount of stress trying to win a title.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the media enthusiasm for the new look Rockets.
I can understand the Golden State hopefuls.

But, I cannot fathom why the Clippers are the runaway picks with the Thunder to finish 2nd or 1st.
They seem to be the sexy pick on every website or media outlet to represent the West.

Forget my own San Antonio homerism....

I just don't see exactly what they did to go from a team that is Memphis/SA fodder to Western champs.

Lose Billups, Hill, Butler, Bledsoe, and maybe Odom.
Gain Reddick and Jared Dudley.

Is that really a talent upgrade????

I know they added Doc Rivers. But, this a talent league. Coaches are secondary.

I am curious to hear logical reasons why they are the Western Darlings now???
-------
Points scored 9th in the league----Points allowed 4th in the league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points scored/allowed is not a good way to judge best off/def

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes the Clippers were a good defensive team. Problem with the Clippers is the lack of scoring options/guys that can create their own shot. Basically it is just CP and Crawford which is what really hurts them in a best of 7 series.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I'm not exactly sure why he took on that role. Alot of headaches from an outside perspective to pile on to the amount of stress trying to win a title.

That's easy - now he has an excuse and something to blame it on when he goes home empty handed:lol: