• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers?? why???

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the media enthusiasm for the new look Rockets.
I can understand the Golden State hopefuls.

But, I cannot fathom why the Clippers are the runaway picks with the Thunder to finish 2nd or 1st.
They seem to be the sexy pick on every website or media outlet to represent the West.

Forget my own San Antonio homerism....

I just don't see exactly what they did to go from a team that is Memphis/SA fodder to Western champs.

Lose Billups, Hill, Butler, Bledsoe, and maybe Odom.
Gain Reddick and Jared Dudley.

Is that really a talent upgrade????

I know they added Doc Rivers. But, this a talent league. Coaches are secondary.

I am curious to hear logical reasons why they are the Western Darlings now???

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its a talent upgrade.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Horns, I'm not exactly sure why the Clippers are being picked the favorite out in the West by some "analysts". All they've really gained is actual perimeter shooters, but they lost some good role players in Butler and Bledso, not to mention leadership in Billups. I'd still put my West pick for either the Spurs or the Thunder.

But I haven't really seen many pick the Rockets, if at all. They still need a few pieces along with improving overall team defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more about Doc than anything else!! The core of talent that made the Clippers a good team is still there, but with a better coach!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Horns, I'm not exactly sure why the Clippers are being picked the favorite out in the West by some "analysts". All they've really gained is actual perimeter shooters, but they lost some good role players in Butler and Bledso, not to mention leadership in Billups. I'd still put my West pick for either the Spurs or the Thunder.

But I haven't really seen many pick the Rockets, if at all. They still need a few pieces along with improving overall team defense.

Spurs are finished theres no telling what could happend with them at their age...no way they make it back to the finals...Spurs had some lucky breaks with teams like the Lakers,Thunder being injured it made their run a little easier . That aint happening again!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are finished theres no telling what could happend with them at their age...no way they make it back to the finals...Spurs had some lucky breaks with teams like the Lakers,Thunder being injured it made their run a little easier . That aint happening again!

Ummmmmm.....no. Their only old players were Duncan and Manu. You can bring up that Manu's old and can no longer perform like he used to, and I'll back that statement. But apparently you didn't watch Tim Duncan in the Finals, or the playoffs for that matter. The Lakers are hot mess right now.

They have a coach who likes to use a run and gun offense with players that do not even fit his system. The defense on that team was quite lethargic as well, not to mention that there's zero athleticism on that team last season. The Spurs tore through the Lakers to the point that it was starting to get embarrassing. Kobe being on the team would've meant that the Lakers probably wouldn't have been swept at the most. Although, they had a better team put together back in 2011 and they still got embarrassed by Dallas.

The Thunder were merely a shell of their former selves. Harden won that WCF series back in 2012. The Thunder shot themselves in the foot. Westbrook was the difference of them being a strong contending team as opposed to a "competitive" team as we saw in that Memphis series. But they would not have beaten the Spurs this season.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm.....no. Their only old players were Duncan and Manu. You can bring up that Manu's old and can no longer perform like he used to, and I'll back that statement. But apparently you didn't watch Tim Duncan in the Finals, or the playoffs for that matter. The Lakers are hot mess right now.

They have a coach who likes to use a run and gun offense with players that do not even fit his system. The defense on that team was quite lethargic as well, not to mention that there's zero athleticism on that team last season. The Spurs tore through the Lakers to the point that it was starting to get embarrassing. Kobe being on the team would've meant that the Lakers probably wouldn't have been swept at the most. Although, they had a better team put together back in 2011 and they still got embarrassed by Dallas.

The Thunder were merely a shell of their former selves. Harden won that WCF series back in 2012. The Thunder shot themselves in the foot. Westbrook was the difference of them being a strong contending team as opposed to a "competitive" team as we saw in that Memphis series. But they would not have beaten the Spurs this season.

Sorry but if you actually believe the Spurs will get back to the finals then you're on crack buddy...Most teams that make it to the finals & dont win it don not comeback next year & make it back there...now i'm not saying they dont have a good team but as far as winning a title again in the Duncan Era yeah! I would say they are finished & i'm pretty sure alot experts know this they blew there chance big time in Game 6 of the finals that will haunt them for a while...I would not bet my money on them HELL NO!!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs' age affected how long they lasted in that 7 game series. They were done physically by the time Game 7 rolled around, if other players like Leonard can step up and take one of those big 3 spots then I'd be prone to believe in them a little bit more. Like LALakerboy said, there's no telling what could happen with them. That team might end up coming together for Duncan's last run, worked for Ray Lewis.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but if you actually believe the Spurs will get back to the finals then you're on crack buddy...Most teams that make it to the finals & dont win it don not comeback next year & make it back there...now i'm not saying they dont have a good team but as far as winning a title again in the Duncan Era yeah! I would say they are finished & i'm pretty sure alot experts know this they blew there chance big time in Game 6 of the finals that will haunt them for a while...I would not bet my money on them HELL NO!!!

Ya I guess the Heat were screwed after the 2011 season....

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I guess the Heat were screwed after the 2011 season....

Ready my post well i said most teams dont make it back to the finals again...i never said all of them...yeah some teams do but majority dont the Lakers made it back after 2008 but it doesnt happend alot..But if you want to believe the Spurs will make it again hey what ever wags your tail!

Look at the NBA finals history & you will see that not many teams make it back their again if they dont win it all...Pay attention you just might learn something about basketball being a Miami fan bro just saying! NBA.com: NBA Finals: All-Time Champions

Last edited by a moderator:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready my post well i said most teams dont make it back to the finals again...i never said all of them...yeah some teams do but majority dont the Lakers made it back after 2008 but it doesnt happend alot..But if you want to believe the Spurs will make it again hey what ever wags your tail!

Look at the NBA finals history & you will see that not many teams make it back their again if they dont win it all...Pay attention you just might learn something about basketball being a Miami fan bro just saying! NBA.com: NBA Finals: All-Time Champions

That notion is just flat out retarded and uneducated. There are only 3 legit contenders in the West - Thunder, Spurs and Clippers.

Thunder - Youth has finally gained experienced by going to the Finals in 2012. However, it's my personal belief that the Thunder threw away their title chances when they banked on Ibaka as opposed to Harden who has the much higher ceiling.

Spurs - Yes, Tim Duncan is older now. But he's still operating at an all-star level. Greg Popovich makes that team anyway. He finds gems out of other team's trash such as Danny Green. Also, Tony Parker is only in his early 30's and Kawhi Leonard will only get better.

The Spurs have also been the model of consistency, I just can't imagine that losing a Finals the way they did would cause them to struggle this season. I wouldn't be shocked if they finish as a one or two seed again.

Clippers - Doc Rivers is a good coach, but I can't place him as a great coach just yet. The Clippers have probably the best PG in the game (which is definitely debatable). But Blake Griffin's game is reduced to high light reel plays and plays little defense. DeAndre Jordan is overpaid. They did add perimeter shooters which was missing earlier from last season. But they gave up quality role players in Butler and Bledsoe while players like Grant Hill retired.

The Clips will still be a really good team, but I've learned never to count out the Spurs so long as they have Popovich on the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, I cannot fathom why the Clippers are the runaway picks with the Thunder to finish 2nd or 1st.
They seem to be the sexy pick on every website or media outlet to represent the West.

I just don't see exactly what they did to go from a team that is Memphis/SA fodder to Western champs.

I wouldn't call them Western Darlings but you will be fooling yourself if you don't think they improve.

And they did not just gain Reddick and Dudley. They also gained Collison (he isn't Bledsoe but he is a solid backup PG), Reggie Bullock ( great shooter), and Byron Mullens

Let's be real now. They got rid of a lot of older players who were washed up and coming to the end of their career in exchange for younger players who are in their prime.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dudley>Butler.

OKC needs another piece to win the West IMO. You're not winning the west with just KD and Westbrook with a whole bunch of role players. That bench right now is awful. SAS & LAC are my top 2 in the west in terms of making the finals

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudley>Butler.

OKC needs another piece to win the West IMO. You're not winning the west with just KD and Westbrook with a whole bunch of role players. That bench right now is awful. SAS & LAC are my top 2 in the west in terms of making the finals

Not sure about that, Caron Butler is just about better in every statistical category outside of 3-point shooting - which is why Dudley was brought in to help space the floor for CP3.

Your later point just proves my point that it wouldn't be shocking to see the Spurs back in the Finals. Just because they choked away game 6 doesn't mean this will haunt them all of next season. Hell, they almost won game 7. Veteran teams now how to overcome road blocks like this which the Spurs have multiple titles to back up that notion. Some Lakers fans just want to bag on other teams.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder need to win this year else they may blow it up
The Clippers are over rated. I fucking hate CP3

Spurs will be a force like always and again will not have the respect
Houston will be able to score with anyone, can they defend?
I think the Mavs improved
Denver is still very solid
Memphis still will be around

West is tough tough tough

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they got Doc and some outside shooters. Huge upgrade when you look at the total package. Doc will bring defense and a winning attitude. I'm curious as to how CP3 and Doc will handle this. This could be great move or a disaster depending on that relationship.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder need to win this year else they may blow it up
The Clippers are over rated. I fucking hate CP3

Spurs will be a force like always and again will not have the respect
Houston will be able to score with anyone, can they defend?
I think the Mavs improved
Denver is still very solid
Memphis still will be around

West is tough tough tough

I think barring a significant injuries that 7 playoffs seeds in the west are just about a lock right now (LAC, SAS, OKC, HOU, MEM, GSW, and DEN). The final seed will probably come down to the Lakers, Mavs, and Wolves

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That notion is just flat out retarded and uneducated. There are only 3 legit contenders in the West - Thunder, Spurs and Clippers.

Thunder - Youth has finally gained experienced by going to the Finals in 2012. However, it's my personal belief that the Thunder threw away their title chances when they banked on Ibaka as opposed to Harden who has the much higher ceiling.

Spurs - Yes, Tim Duncan is older now. But he's still operating at an all-star level. Greg Popovich makes that team anyway. He finds gems out of other team's trash such as Danny Green. Also, Tony Parker is only in his early 30's and Kawhi Leonard will only get better.

The Spurs have also been the model of consistency, I just can't imagine that losing a Finals the way they did would cause them to struggle this season. I wouldn't be shocked if they finish as a one or two seed again.

Clippers - Doc Rivers is a good coach, but I can't place him as a great coach just yet. The Clippers have probably the best PG in the game (which is definitely debatable). But Blake Griffin's game is reduced to high light reel plays and plays little defense. DeAndre Jordan is overpaid. They did add perimeter shooters which was missing earlier from last season. But they gave up quality role players in Butler and Bledsoe while players like Grant Hill retired.

The Clips will still be a really good team, but I've learned never to count out the Spurs so long as they have Popovich on the bench.

NO there are 6 contenders in the west and I think I would consider taking the warriors over the clippers

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My west rankings right now

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Warriors
Rockets
Memphis

7-8 can be anyone

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO there are 6 contenders in the west and I think I would consider taking the warriors over the clippers

It's very easy to point out who the contenders are in the NBA, this isn't football. Teams like Memphis and GSW simply offer "challenges" to contending teams. The Finals champion will be either Miami, Indiana, Chicago, OKC, Spurs, or LAC. I would put Brooklyn on that list, but they'll run out of gas late in the playoffs and are sporting a rookie HC. Chicago is also another team I'm skeptical about since they're usually a regular season team similar to those Cavs teams w/Lebron.

There's a reason that the West has sported only 4 teams in the Finals for the last 15 years (mainly the Lakers and Spurs).

I seriously can't wait until the playoffs....this shit is ridiculous to read at times.