• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland unions say they'll refuse to hold flag at Browns' opening game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are going to teach the players about how important it is to respect the flag during the National Anthem by refusing to hold the flag for the National Anthem:noidea:

Exactly what I been trying to say. They don't know realize how stupid they look

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just STOP already with the flag and anthem show before sporting events???

There is absolutely no point, and all it's becoming is a huge distraction.

WHY does the country need to be honored just because there's a game being played? Leave that to official celebrations, political shin-digs, inaugurations, etc. There is absolutely no reason to wave a flag and sing the Anthem prior to a sporting contest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players who are kneeling should offer to hold the flag while they kneel. That would actually help their message which has never been about opposing the flag or veterans . It's solely a conduit for people to try and see their real message . By offering to hold the flag while kneeling they'd put an end to the talk from those who don't get it
hmmm...I'm not really sure what these players are protesting or trying to accomplish, but that is an interesting thought. Obviously they can't hold the huge flag being discussed here, but how about one of those small hand held ones? Or a sign saying God Bless the Soldiers or something?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get bent out of shape or spend much time thinking about the players that kneel for the anthem and it certainly doesn't bother me much because I don't value their opinions and kind of think they are being misguided idiots over the whole thing. When I am at an event I stand tall, straight and focused on the flag with my hand on my heart and my hat off (if I wore one) and even usually sing with my horrible voice.
But, when I watch a sporting event that I DVR'ed I fast forward through the National Anthem. So, I'm not sure I'm really being that much better.:scratch:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do also. There's two sides on this argument and both have some merit.
Agreed. Waiting for the blowback against the Police/Fire Unions. They are entitled to their opinions and rights of protest just as much as the millionaire cupcakes kneeling on the sideline

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. They will not hold the flag for the Browns organization.
ummm,,,yeah,,,isn't that what we are talking about??? Or Are they holding the flag somewhere else that day?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm,,,yeah,,,isn't that what we are talking about??? Or Are they holding the flag somewhere else that day?
Maybe maybe not, IMO I see them saying to the Briwns, "If you as an Organization are going to Salute the Flag we will participate as long as the full Browns Organization participates." My guess is they do not agree with the whole kneeling protest thing, and don't want to be part of it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe maybe not, IMO I see them saying to the Briwns, "If you as an Organization are going to Salute the Flag we will participate as long as the full Browns Organization participates." My guess is they do not agree with the whole kneeling protest thing, and don't want to be part of it.
I totally agree with you, but their choice of protest against the Browns seems peculiar, no?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...I'm not really sure what these players are protesting or trying to accomplish, but that is an interesting thought. Obviously they can't hold the huge flag being discussed here, but how about one of those small hand held ones? Or a sign saying God Bless the Soldiers or something?
Or even draping themselves in a flag? The protest is because they believe America is not racially equal in the eyes if law enforcement ( at least that's how it started ). There appears to be unanimity amongst them that they aren't protesting the flag itself or veterans which is what so many take umbrage with . Kneeling while draping yourself in the flag shows that you are still protesting but you realize you can only do so because of what so many have died to protect

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you, but their choice of protest against the Browns seems peculiar, no?
Is it a protest, if they stop attending. Like others have stated the team will find replacements.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or even draping themselves in a flag? The protest is because they believe America is not racially equal in the eyes if law enforcement ( at least that's how it started ). There appears to be unanimity amongst them that they aren't protesting the foag utsrof or veterans which is what so many take umbrage with . Kneeling while draping yourself in the flag shows that you are still protesting but you realize you can only do so because of what so many have died to protect
:scratch:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it is
I'd say Baltimore Police protested when they refused to police the streets a couple of years ago, this to me is they dont want to be part of a hypocritical ceremony.
If that's a protest, fine call it a protest.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1glAdI6.jpg

img_2045.jpg

Shia-Mask-Browns-Fan.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Browns are Honoring the flag as an organization they can tell all players they must stand with the team. Same goes for all other teams. At this point I'm in the stop playing the Anthem pregame corner.
I love the playing of the national anthem. It stands for the sacrifice Americans made to make our country great. Many have died protecting our freedom and that is why we honor Old Glory.