• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ wants to "feel special"

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Insider...

UPDATE: Wilson broached the topic of free agency in general terms during a radio interview Tuesday. "At some point you need to be made to feel special," said Wilson, hinting that he is looking forward to the courting process. "Texas is going to have their chance to do that after the World Series is over and we'll go from there."

--

There was speculation Saturday night that Albert Pujols may have increased his already-hefty free agent asking price by a few million dollars with his epic three-homer performance in Game Three of the World Series.

Fast forward to Monday night, and millions of dollars might have been on the line for free-agent-to-be C.J. Wilson in what might have been his final start for the Rangers in Game Five. Wilson had been ineffective in his first four postseason starts before laboring through five innings in a no-decision that lowered his playoff ERA to 6.08.

Wilson received a warm ovation when he was removed from the game, telling ESPNDallas.com it was more than he deserved.

Wilson's struggles could lead to some potential free agent suitors developing cold feet, even if the lefthander has won 31 games over the last two seasons. But rrutal postseasons don't always result in a decline in market value. Two years ago, Chone Figgins was 3-for-25 in the 2009 postseason for the Angels and still landed a four-year, $36 million deal from the Seattle Mariners. We all know how that turned out for the Mariners.

Joel Sherman of the New York Post says the Washington, Florida and Kansas City are among the clubs likely to pursue Wilson, adding that the New York Yankees like Japanese righthander Yu Darvish "considerably more" than Wilson.

Link to interview: http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/cj-wilson-finally-discusses-fr.html

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ wants to feel special. Too bad he pitched like a gutless scrub.

Gutless scrub? Come on, he wasn't terrible in the World Series games he's pitched? He didn't pitch like a number 1 but at least he kept us in the games and gave us a shot at winning. He pitched somewhere between a 2 and 3.

Think of all the innings CJ has pitched the last two years, 427 innings not counting postseason. I believe he's pitched the last two months on fumes so I'm not going to forget about what he's meant to this club just because of a couple of bad postseason games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gutless scrub? Come on, he wasn't terrible in the World Series games he's pitched? He didn't pitch like a number 1 but at least he kept us in the games and gave us a shot at winning. He pitched somewhere between a 2 and 3.

Think of all the innings CJ has pitched the last two years, 427 innings not counting postseason. I believe he's pitched the last two months on fumes so I'm not going to forget about what he's meant to this club just because of a couple of bad postseason games.

You're right - I'm just hating on CJ because he thinks he's better than he is and doesn't act like he really wants to be here like some of the other guys. That and I expected a lot more from him this posteason, especially against TB at least.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am sure CJ would feel real special playing in Washington, Kansas City, or Florida (Miami).

I can see CJ Wilson in Kansas City ... or in Florida playing for Ozzie. That would be a fun to watch alone.