• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly tells why Kaepernick is still unemployed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly just laid all of those excuses for why Colin Kaepernick is unemployed to rest

Before we get into Kelly’s comments, let’s review some of the theories on why Kaepernick doesn’t have a job…

• He’d be a distraction
  • He doesn’t care about football
  • He doesn’t even want to play football
  • He’s not a good player
  • He hasn't come out and say he wants to play football.
“Kap was awesome.
“At the beginning of the year, he made a stance in terms of what he believes is right. We recognized and supported his ability to do that. But he never brought that into the locker room. We had a meeting the day after the Green Bay game that he did it in the preseason, and he explained to all the players his thought process and the mindset of what he was doing. There were some players that agreed with him and there were some players that didn’t agree with him. But after that point, we heard from the outside about what a distraction it is, except those people weren’t in our locker room and it never was a distraction. And Kap never brought that and turned it into a circus or whatever people think.
“[He] came to work everyday extremely diligent in terms of his preparation, in terms of his work ethic in the weight room, in terms of his work ethic in the meeting room.
“I really enjoyed Kap. I’ve talked to Kap maybe three or four times since we both left San Francisco. I know he’s working out hard in New York now. I think he’s a really good person and a really good player, and I really enjoyed coaching him.”

That has nothing to do with the fact that teams don't want to have to deal with the public relations nonsense it would bring. For a backup QB, and at his price... it's not worth it.

Plenty of other QB's in his realm of ability, who bring zero baggage and are cheaper.

That said, he'll still probably land with a team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly didn't even play Kaepernick until around week 6 or 7? He must have not been all that "awesome"?

Kaepernick was recovering from three surgeries and wasn't ready to play at the start of the season. On top of that it appears Baalke was pressuring Kelly to start Gabbert.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Chip says Kaep himself was never a distraction in the locker room, but he conveniently leaves out the huge distraction the media circus around him was. Which is exactly what the "distraction" argument against him has ever been about. Not once has anyone made the argument that Kaepernick is a major problem child behind closed doors. It's all about the inherent distraction that now comes with him. Couple that with the fact that he kinda sucks, and why would a team want to go down that road?

Sorry, but all Chip did was build a strawman and tear it down. The "distraction" argument is still very much true.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not support what he did. I have a son in the Air Force, and I am an old Marine. My son and I both took oaths to protect everyone's freedom of speech. Where are you going to deport him to?
Anywhere he'd like to go... :D

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly didn't even play Kaepernick until around week 6 or 7? He must have not been all that "awesome"?

Wow, Mrs. Chaney has something to say that isn't about the Bengals and it actually makes sense!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is better than most of the backup QB's in the league. Fact.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not support what he did. I have a son in the Air Force, and I am an old Marine. My son and I both took oaths to protect everyone's freedom of speech. Where the F are you going to deport him to dumba$$? He is an American. Besides if you never spent a day as an African American, how do you know what it is like to walk in their shoes? Be real, there is still so much racism in this country it is an epidemic. If you don't support freedom of speech, maybe you should get the F out.

This x10

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick was recovering from three surgeries and wasn't ready to play at the start of the season. On top of that it appears Baalke was pressuring Kelly to start Gabbert.

That's what I remember as well.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I had no problem with Kaep's protest. It was peaceful in a time where riots and roadblocks happened everywhere. It was effective too. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be an issue at all. As far as I know, the team wasn't distracted. A lot of them had Jim Harbaugh as coach. But I think he was distracted by it and affected his leadership. He also lost that super confidence, maybe cockiness in him that got him the job over Alex Smith.

I think he should go to a minor league for a year or two. Stay away from NFL media and get a little humbled. He is too good for them but right now he is a nobody in the NFL. Dominate Arena or Canadanian and get that confidence back. He has the skills, just think it is mentally he needs to bring back up, plus get out of NFL media.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I had no problem with Kaep's protest. It was peaceful in a time where riots and roadblocks happened everywhere. It was effective too. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be an issue at all. As far as I know, the team wasn't distracted. A lot of them had Jim Harbaugh as coach. But I think he was distracted by it and affected his leadership. He also lost that super confidence, maybe cockiness in him that got him the job over Alex Smith.

I think he should go to a minor league for a year or two. Stay away from NFL media and get a little humbled. He is too good for them but right now he is a nobody in the NFL. Dominate Arena or Canadanian and get that confidence back. He has the skills, just think it is mentally he needs to bring back up, plus get out of NFL media.
If Jim Harbaugh was affected it must have been a huge distraction being Harbaugh was in Michigan at the time.