• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly tells why Kaepernick is still unemployed.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly just laid all of those excuses for why Colin Kaepernick is unemployed to rest

Before we get into Kelly’s comments, let’s review some of the theories on why Kaepernick doesn’t have a job…

• He’d be a distraction
  • He doesn’t care about football
  • He doesn’t even want to play football
  • He’s not a good player
  • He hasn't come out and say he wants to play football.
“Kap was awesome.
“At the beginning of the year, he made a stance in terms of what he believes is right. We recognized and supported his ability to do that. But he never brought that into the locker room. We had a meeting the day after the Green Bay game that he did it in the preseason, and he explained to all the players his thought process and the mindset of what he was doing. There were some players that agreed with him and there were some players that didn’t agree with him. But after that point, we heard from the outside about what a distraction it is, except those people weren’t in our locker room and it never was a distraction. And Kap never brought that and turned it into a circus or whatever people think.
“[He] came to work everyday extremely diligent in terms of his preparation, in terms of his work ethic in the weight room, in terms of his work ethic in the meeting room.
“I really enjoyed Kap. I’ve talked to Kap maybe three or four times since we both left San Francisco. I know he’s working out hard in New York now. I think he’s a really good person and a really good player, and I really enjoyed coaching him.”

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter then asked Kelly what he would tell any coach who asked him about Kaepernick.

“Literally what I just said for the last two minutes. I think people that aren’t in there … when you’re not there, it’s easy to speculate on what it’s like, but he is zero distraction.
“I like Kap a lot. He’s a really good person. And he really wants to win and he’s highly competitive. He’s got a real good physical skill-set to play the position and has played it at a really high level.
“I also don’t think he played at his top level last year because he was coming off three surgeries. I think the Kap this year will be better than the Kap last year…
“I would tell anybody that he’s zero distraction and a really talented player who can help you win.”​

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is still unemployed for one and only reason

When a team signs a player that can be a potential team distraction, when the signing can create some fan backlash

You better be damn good enough to be worth the headache

He isnt

If Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers wore "Fuck the Police" T-Shirts in warm ups, they wouldnt be unemployed for 45 seconds

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When a team signs a player that can be a potential team distraction, when the signing can create some fan backlash

He isnt

If Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers wore "Fuck the Police" T-Shirts in warm ups, they wouldnt be unemployed for 45 seconds

:agree:

Last 2 seasons, he wasn't top 20 in any QB stats except QB rushing stats. Also, he opted out of his contract. He had 1 year $14 M left with the 49ers.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL will overlook a lot if a player is talented. See Greg Hardy.

But guys that don't produce or just are not talented enough can't bring any baggage with them. It's really not that difficult to grasp, it's only difficult to grasp if your looking to combine social activism with a sport/business.

If he had Tom Brady type skills this is a non-issue.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Last 2 seasons, he wasn't top 20 in any QB stats except QB rushing stats. Also, he opted out of his contract. He had 1 year $14 M left with the 49ers.

Thats just silly, I dont know who he has advising him that they thought walking away from 14mill with all the surrounding controversy, was a good idea

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, well, if Chip Kelly said it....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just silly, I dont know who he has advising him that they thought walking away from 14mill with all the surrounding controversy, was a good idea
Maybe it was the same people that thought pig socks at work would be a great idea?

Or Tshirts with convicted cop killers on them?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly just laid all of those excuses for why Colin Kaepernick is unemployed to rest

Before we get into Kelly’s comments, let’s review some of the theories on why Kaepernick doesn’t have a job…

• He’d be a distraction
  • He’s not a good player
“Kap was awesome.
“At the beginning of the year, he made a stance in terms of what he believes is right. We recognized and supported his ability to do that. But he never brought that into the locker room. We had a meeting the day after the Green Bay game that he did it in the preseason, and he explained to all the players his thought process and the mindset of what he was doing. There were some players that agreed with him and there were some players that didn’t agree with him. But after that point, we heard from the outside about what a distraction it is, except those people weren’t in our locker room and it never was a distraction. And Kap never brought that and turned it into a circus or whatever people think.
“[He] came to work everyday extremely diligent in terms of his preparation, in terms of his work ethic in the weight room, in terms of his work ethic in the meeting room.
“I really enjoyed Kap. I’ve talked to Kap maybe three or four times since we both left San Francisco. I know he’s working out hard in New York now. I think he’s a really good person and a really good player, and I really enjoyed coaching him.”

chip, a new england native, is right.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• He’d be a distraction
  • He’s not a good player
“Kap was awesome.

1. He was a media distraction
2. He's not a good player to warrant that distraction.

Now a question. How does this explain why Keap is atill team less?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is a douche nozzle. Kneeling during the anthem. We should deport that bitch and every other NFL player kneeling. Don't respect our Country or want to abide by our culture? Get the F out.

Reactions: GNG

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is a douche nozzle. Kneeling during the anthem. We should deport that bitch and every other NFL player kneeling. Don't respect our Country or want to abide by our culture? Get the F out.
I do not support what he did. I have a son in the Air Force, and I am an old Marine. My son and I both took oaths to protect everyone's freedom of speech. Where the F are you going to deport him to dumba$$? He is an American. Besides if you never spent a day as an African American, how do you know what it is like to walk in their shoes? Be real, there is still so much racism in this country it is an epidemic. If you don't support freedom of speech, maybe you should get the F out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not support what he did. I have a son in the Air Force, and I am an old Marine. My son and I both took oaths to protect everyone's freedom of speech. Where the F are you going to deport him to dumba$$? He is an American. Besides if you never spent a day as an African American, how do you know what it is like to walk in their shoes? Be real, there is still so much racism in this country it is an epidemic. If you don't support freedom of speech, maybe you should get the F out.

To a random island with an active volcano?

And I got a REALLY bad sunburn one time and when it wore off I was pretty dark. So I've spent some time... *eyes closed nod*

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isnt

abSHPiQ.gif

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a random island with an active volcano?

And I got a REALLY bad sunburn one time and when it wore off I was pretty dark. So I've spent some time... *eyes closed nod*
What does any of that crap mean?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank u and your son

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The new FO told him he was going to be cut if he did not opt out of his contract. Lynch said that and everything Shanahan has done so far has pretty much confirmed what Lynch has said. They were not interested in bring Kaep back. Kaep was just getting a jump on free agency