• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs History

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT write this, but found and wanted to share:

These aren't your Carl Peterson/Scott Pioli Chiefs.

Every week I've seen some sort of historical trend thrown out as a reason to why the Chiefs are going to lose.

JAX: Chiefs are 4-14 in the hot state of Florida. 1-4 in Jacksonville.
DAL: Chiefs haven't beaten the Cowboys since 1998.
PHI: Chiefs haven't beaten the Eagles since 1998. Eagles have never scored less than 17 points against KC.
NYG: Chiefs are 2-10 all time versus the Giants. Chiefs have never beat Eli Manning. Haven't beaten NY since 1995.
TEN: Ryan Fitzpatrick is 4-1 against the Chiefs.
OAK: Raiders have won the last 6 meetings in Arrowhead.
HOU: Texans have never lost at Arrowhead. Chiefs have a history of making backup QBs look like super stars.
CLE: The one week people actually didn't have reservations about. Most expected the Chiefs to roll the Browns, even though Jason Campbell has beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead before.
BUF: Chiefs haven't won in Ralph Wilson Stadium since 1986.

It's time to throw out those history books and realize this isn't the same Kansas City Chiefs organization from the last 30 years. The 2013 Chiefs are in uncharted territory and creating history. All those years in Philly, Andy Reid has never gone 9-0. The longest he ever remained unbeaten was 7-0. Chiefs are the first team to hold their opponents to 17 points or fewer in every game since 1977. Alex Smith is the first QB to win his first 9 games with a new team.

Whatever path the Chiefs continue to go down this year, previous history will have nothing to do with it and I for one and sick of the history of mostly sucking over the last 30 years being the reason why some believe THIS Chiefs team will not continue to win. The stench of those years has been eradicated. New GM, new coach, hell even the owner is relatively new. The culture of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's Chiefs franchise is dead and buried. I don't see the storied successful history of the Pittsburgh Steelers or New York Giants generating any wins for them this season. So you can take your "Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993" and stuff it up your pee hole.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was even a person who wanted to lose at least four games so they could avoid the 13-3 curse. Not to mention those who said that if KC doesn't win the Super Bowl this year it would've been better to have won fewer than eight games so as to keep the second-round pick they gave for Smith. Trouble is you can't go as far as you can and then go back in time if it doesn't work. Plus Winningwillow change the culture of your locker room, which helps future seasons. But now that Kansas City is winning, it's interesting what they think. Should have lost all but the 4 games thus far? ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are definitely making history this season. Very impressed with what they have done. Now to those saying lose more games to get better draft position and all of that to me that is just ridiculous. First off how do you tell your players "Hey let's lose this game so we can be better next year." Plus the whole hoping then that the higher draft pick person works out is just asking a lot considering all of the 1st round busts that happen every year. You never quite know where you are going to find talent. Look at Green Bay and where they drafted Aaron Rodgers late in the 1st round yet here he is probably the best quarterback in the NFL.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are definitely making history this season. Very impressed with what they have done. Now to those saying lose more games to get better draft position and all of that to me that is just ridiculous. First off how do you tell your players "Hey let's lose this game so we can be better next year." Plus the whole hoping then that the higher draft pick person works out is just asking a lot considering all of the 1st round busts that happen every year. You never quite know where you are going to find talent. Look at Green Bay and where they drafted Aaron Rodgers late in the 1st round yet here he is probably the best quarterback in the NFL.

There's no way to get players to tank to get there replacement or use the stats against them come extension time. So, I think they were talking about fans to root for development up to the two minute mark, tank the final minutes, rev up, win it all, overpay, live in the celler, overpay again, and start all over. ;)

Yes, I was being deliberately ridiculous (cynically sarcastic).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

This game is setup to be equally against the Chiefs historically. Hopefully, KC defies history once more. History is a little more beatable than Father Time.