• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CBB Mens: Iowa at #20 Ohio State - ESPN2

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still not 100% sold on Maryland, their win over ISU is a great one but the Clones shot terribly that game and they did so on many many wide open shots ( so it wasnt the Maryland D causing the misses ). I think the Terps are good but I do not think they are a cut above the rest of the league. Wisconsin is, but we already knew that coming in.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be punished in terms of seeding/selection since the B1G isn't as good as it has been the past 5 years or so. There are only 3 schools in the top 60 of the RPI at this point. Ohio State ONLY has 4 games remaining against teams in the top 60 of the RPI(two of those are PSU), my point is they won't have the opportunity to get signature wins in conference because it's not as good as it has been. Ohio State's best win at the moment is against High Point.

Ohio State made the tournament two times in the past 6 years with a 10-8 conference record, if they do that this year, there is a good chance they will get left out. They also went 10-8 in 2007-2008, only be left out, I don't think it's a coincidence the B1G only got 4 teams in the tournament that year.

OSU is notorious for slow starts. Many years I've had concerns throughout the season wondering when they're going to get that signature win, but by the end of conf play they seem to have it going and end up getting seeded. I would personally like to see them play a tougher pre-conf schedule, but does going 0-5 against top 25 teams look better than going 0-2 like we did? I guess if we could get our top recruits to stay for more than a year we might look better for these pre-conf match-ups.