• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capital One Bowl

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately NU's not strong enough up front to stunt blitz.

The Huskers aren't going to stop Georgia's offense. Their only chance is to keep up with them offensively in a shootout. That is going to require minimum penalties and turnovers.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Georgia comes out extremely unmotivated, I do not see us being close in this game. I know I've been kinda up and down with this over the past couple weeks, but I have to be honest........we are a mediocre team playing a very good team.

If they come out and just shock me and completely outplay Georgia, I will be thrilled. I just don't have much faith in thee Huskers right now, plain and simple. I still remember what happened in Indy........

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say mediocre, I seriously mean we are around 35-40th best team in the country......

You can call me crazy all you want, but I've got no rose colored glasses on right now. It is what it is.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was wrong with the other thread? :popsnoidea:

Can a power hungry mod please combine them? :dhd:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nebraska D

I can see the Georgia/Nebraska game getting out of hand quickly like that one did.

So can I.

It's not that Nebraska has zero chance, but their chances are limited to being able to keep up with Georgia scoring.

Georgia's offense is similar with UCLA's offense regarding balance (on paper). So I expect they'll score at least 36.

Georgia's rushing defense (76th) gives some hope, but their pass defense, total defense, and scoring defense will be what makes the difference. It's what needs to be overcome.

I have a hard time seeing the Huskers putting up more than 20 pts without the help of some Georgia turnovers in their own redzone.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say mediocre, I seriously mean we are around 35-40th best team in the country......

You can call me crazy all you want, but I've got no rose colored glasses on right now. It is what it is.

Not that bad. Huskers are 20-25 overall.

Top 15 offensively
Low to mid 40's defensively.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can I.

It's not that Nebraska has zero chance, but their chances are limited to being able to keep up with Georgia scoring.

Georgia's offense is similar with UCLA's offense regarding balance (on paper). So I expect they'll score at least 36.

Georgia's rushing defense (76th) gives some hope, but their pass defense, total defense, and scoring defense will be what makes the difference. It's what needs to be overcome.

I have a hard time seeing the Huskers putting up more than 20 pts without the help of some Georgia turnovers in their own redzone.

Their Rushing Defense is deceiving in my opinion. They gave up yards to some really physical teams up front. As ye and I have discussed before, we aren't 8th in the nation in Rushing Offense due to our ability to run between the tackles.

In that same way, our Rushing Offense is deceiving as well. I look at a game this season where we played a decent Defense in Michigan State, and I kind of use that as the measuring stick for what we're about to face.

In that Michigan State game, Taylor's feet were what made the difference. And so for that reason, I think our only chance in this game is to at least break even in the turnover battle, and have Taylor Martinez reel off a few really big runs.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that bad. Huskers are 20-25 overall.

Top 15 offensively
Low to mid 40's defensively.

Low to mid 90's in coaching.... :dhd:

Honestly speaking though, Wisconsin isn't very good.......and they smoked us. And even though we got them the first time around this season, I don't think we are better than them.

This is a Nebraska team that was lucky to not be a 7-5 team at the end of season.........and it could have even been worse than that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly speaking though, Wisconsin isn't very good.......and they smoked us. And even though we got them the first time around this season, I don't think we are better than them.

This is a Nebraska team that was lucky to not be a 7-5 team at the end of season.........and it could have even been worse than that.

Coaching staff as a whole. I'd say mid to lower 30's.

The Huskers just don't play fundamental football well. Alignments, tackling, pass blocking, turnovers, yada yada

As you pointed out, they won 10 games in spite of themselves.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

I think Wisconsin is a better team than Huskers, but not like that CCG drubbing looked like......They were unlucky in losing almost all their close games while we were lucky in winning all our close games......They are definitely the better team, but they are also better than their record would indicate......

So, after saying all that, I guess I could of just said, yeah, I mostly agree with you Nebraska is closer to a 7-5 team than Wisconsin is.......:lol:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I think Wisconsin is a better team than Huskers, but not like that CCG drubbing looked like......They were unlucky in losing almost all their close games while we were lucky in winning all our close games......They are definitely the better team, but they are also better than their record would indicate......

So, after saying all that, I guess I could of just said, yeah, I mostly agree with you Nebraska is closer to a 7-5 team than Wisconsin is.......:lol:

Agreed.

Thee Huskers slopped out a 10 win season. It was one of the most unbelievable 10 win seasons I've ever seent in my entire 28 years of being alive.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ran my program rankings through for the first time in a couple months just to see how things ended up......

Interestingly, it has Nebraska at #19 and Georgia at #9.

It has Alabama at #1, Notre Dame at #2, and Oregon at #3.....

Annnd Kentucky is thee worst team in the country.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia.. 29
Kentucky 24

Georgia.... 51
Tennessee 44

Outside of those two teams, Georgia won the other games like they should have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia.. 29
Kentucky 24

Georgia.... 51
Tennessee 44

Outside of those two teams, Georgia won the other games like they should have.

So you're telling me there's a chance......

:popsdance:

Last edited by a moderator: