• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capital One Bowl

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.......... :spy:

Like I pointed out earlier, Mark Richt has bofarts. He's not a top tier coach by any stretch of the imagination. He gets great talent down there for the results.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said en sech, that Kentucky game was right after dropping the big one to South Carolina......

So there may have been some hangover issues that played into that. I mean, I don't think Kentucky is the worst team in the country, but Georgia is 4 TDs better than them at least.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you one thing that I found out during that BIG Championship game though..........

Losing Steinkuhler hurt us really really bad inside up-front. We got absolutely bullied without him........and I wish we had him back. For as much grief as I gave him this season, he really was doing a better job than I was evaluating him at.

Camstache, on the other hand, is as bad as I think he is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said en sech, that Kentucky game was right after dropping the big one to South Carolina......

So there may have been some hangover issues that played into that. I mean, I don't think Kentucky is the worst team in the country, but Georgia is 4 TDs better than them at least.

Looking ahead to Florida too.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you one thing that I found out during that BIG Championship game though..........

Losing Steinkuhler hurt us really really bad inside up-front. We got absolutely bullied without him........and I wish we had him back. For as much grief as I gave him this season, he really was doing a better job than I was evaluating him at.

Camstache, on the other hand, is as bad as I think he is.

Steinkuhler was serviceable. Not outstanding in any way.

Do they need him? yes.

Would he make that much of a differense in rushing defense? No.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steinkuhler was serviceable. Not outstanding in any way.

Do they need him? yes.

Would he make that much of a differense in rushing defense? No.

I don't know......I think JJM's correct that we were not analyzing his contributions correctly......with him we had a shitty DL......without him a fucking piss poor DL......

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know......I think JJM's correct that we were not analyzing his contributions correctly......with him we had a shitty DL......without him a fucking piss poor DL......

Well said.

However, I'm not so sure how much of a responsibilty it is for a DT to stop a jet sweep. So the impact of Steinkuhler in the CCG would have been de minimus

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Tis my belief that we got ripped so badly on the jet sweep partially because of the fact that Wisconsin was able to gash us straight up the gut and we tried to load up thee box and then couldn't stop them from going outside.

Once they realized they could own us up front, they pretty much just toyed with us the rest of the game. Ran inside, outside.....ran trick plays.....etc, etc..

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On most of those jet sweeps though, if you go back and watch that replay (if you could ever stomach it), we had guys looking over to the sideline looking for the call......

It was on the sweeps that we seemed to be out of position before the play ever started the majority of the time.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that our defense was awful in the Wisconsin game. After watching Syracuse destroy W Va, Texas do what they wanted to do in the 2nd half of the Oregon St. game and Mich St outlast TCU, one thing is clear. Nothing is clear concerning the bowls. I think Jack said it a few weeks ago, these bowl games have alot to do with who wants to be there. The Capital One is a letdown for Georgia. I know that Suh and Asante aren't coming back, but strange things happen in bowls and I can see us winning this game. Crazy as that may sound. :bounce:

God Bless and keep warm!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I see us winning this one. But I still HOPE that we do. It will take an absolutely perfect game from NU, and a not so perfect one for the bad guys.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I see us winning this one. But I still HOPE that we do. It will take an absolutely perfect game from NU, and a not so perfect one for the bad guys.

Exactly.

Perfectly said.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Huskers cover the +8.5 spread.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine Nebraska losing in a close one.......

It seems to me if we're going to lose, then we're going to do it in epic fashion. When our ship springs a leak, the cocksucker sinks like the Titanic every damn time it seems like.

If we do cover that spread and still lose, then we actually played a game of competitive football.......and I will be very proud of our team.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when I say "springs a leak" I'm pretty much specifically talking about our Defense.

As ye will notice, our 3 losses this season come in the 3 most dismal Defensive performances we had.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping I can stream the game on my phone.... I'm going fishing.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping I can stream the game on my phone.... I'm going fishing.

Went out tonight for the first time this year.

North wind was fucking freezing my holes shut every 30 seconds and also freezing my line to my rod......

Got 2 nice bluegills, and I dropped a huge crappie back in the hole as I was grabbing it to take it off me jig......

We just went out for about 30 minutes just to get our feet wet. Can't wait to get a whole day of fishing in soon.