• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cap space

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the eagles sitting cap wise? Do we have enough too upgrade some positio nd if we want, who could be cut too save money.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they have 19 million or so under the cap. That is before resigning Maclin or restructuring or releasing players like Trent Cole James Casey etc, in other words money is not an issue

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they have 19 million or so under the cap. That is before resigning Maclin or restructuring or releasing players like Trent Cole James Casey etc, in other words money is not an issue

True and I think there will be some moves prior to the draft. Money won't be an issue and really it never has. I'd like to see Mac and Graham resigned. Release Cole or take a huge paycut. If we do not bring back Cole or Graham, bring in Worilds. Now the draft is where things get very interesting. It depends on what the Birds do with the secondary in FA. If they can get decent secondary help via FA I'd still draft secondary players in the draft, but wouldn't be my top choice. We can explore possibilities of trading up for MM or trade our pick and get an additional picks. OL needs some youth. I wouldn't mind looking at a WR at somepoint. Plenty of options for chip to be creative.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We evidently save just over 1 mil cutting Barbre.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not bad, but it is not great when you consider the need to re-sign Maclin and Graham. Realistically, you can probably add just one high-impact free agent if you keep the other guys. If not, well, you will need to address WR and OLB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not bad, but it is not great when you consider the need to re-sign Maclin and Graham. Realistically, you can probably add just one high-impact free agent if you keep the other guys. If not, well, you will need to address WR and OLB.

Money is not an issue.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are clearly preparing to make some big moves in Free Agency. Maclin, Maxwell, Worilds, Franklin. Combined they would run over $30M per year in cap space. Cole will need to go and Ryans and Williams are far from safe. I can see them waiting til after the draft to address Ryans and Williams though as I think CB and ILB would be draft targets.