• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap going into 2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to wait and see if the cap raises enough. I do think your version is closer to reality though.

The cap is scheduled ton increase in a mjor way come 2015, but even so we will still have some work to do. Just my opinion but we will see, pray for the best right.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twist you are good people so I don't take it in a negative manner. I have Rat at 8.232MM next season as his cap number. His total dead money being about 7MM for the remainder of his contract through 2017 starting in 2014, which if cut before June 1 2014 would save us 1.232MM (8.232MM 2014 cap hit - 7MM remainder of guaranteed money left = 1.232MM total 2014 savings) or if you cut him after June 1 2014 you would save about 5MM because his 2014 dead money is only 2.732MM, so (8.232MM 2014 cap hit - 2.732MM 2014 dead money total = about 5.5MM cap savings for 2014 post June 1st) however he would have a carry over on the 2015 cap of about 4.25MM in dead money which if you look at his 2015 cap figure being at 9.732MM that is still about 5.5MM saved in 2015 as well.

Are we on the same page now? If not please let me know so we can figure out where either of us are going wrong.

LOL yeah that is more like what I had. couple hundred thousand difference... is way better than 5 million LOL

On a better note I just figured out how to use the ignore feature.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible, now we can however limit the amount of contracts we restructure.

right now I want to sit back and see where we are as a team. Another 8-8 season... I say we bite the bullet and dont restructure anyone. .... Will mean some tough cuts... but IMO you are building a winner with a 30 year old core.
Now if we have some playoff success I can see us trying to restructure a few guys.

My list of those gone

J Ratt
Scandrick
Costa
Spencer ( they have already said he wont be back)
Hatcher (likely also gone ( he said that himself)

Lee isnt going anywhere.... neither is Bryant

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our cap penalty is over after this year correct?

yeah.... but

you wanna see a awesome debate .... let me and nets go at the cap .... somewhere there is a middle ground.....
I think we have more issues than he does.... but dude is solid on the cap .... so I'm in no way saying I know more.... Just saying I dont think he is 100% correct

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eriko212121
This message is hidden because Eriko212121 is on your ignore list.

LOL easy way to hide stupidity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eriko212121
This message is hidden because Eriko212121 is on your ignore list.

LOL easy way to hide stupidity

lmao to funny, you should unblock him, he is a halfway decent guy after you give him a chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah.... but

you wanna see a awesome debate .... let me and nets go at the cap .... somewhere there is a middle ground.....
I think we have more issues than he does.... but dude is solid on the cap .... so I'm in no way saying I know more.... Just saying I dont think he is 100% correct

I'm sure I am partially off as the majority of the time I rush through things, but I don't think we are as bad as you think we are on the cap; but as you said there is a middle ground where we can agree, and at least when we don't it's civil yes lol

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I am partially off as the majority of the time I rush through things, but I don't think we are as bad as you think we are on the cap; but as you said there is a middle ground where we can agree, and at least when we don't it's civil yes lol

Prolly no pleasure I get on these boards more than I do me and you talking the cap bruh. So many dont put time into it and I know me and you do.... and the shit is way more complicated than buying a Madden game and working trades (like majority want to do)

I havent done my numbers yet. Had to get myself set up for classes today ... and my kid is a freshman this year. Had to get her registered... and go shopping (which I hate LOL)

I'll try to get my list set up sometime Saturday and we can compare from there. ( My last semester to my masters) My schedule is a work load

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly no pleasure I get on these boards more than I do me and you talking the cap bruh. So many dont put time into it and I know me and you do.... and the shit is way more complicated than buying a Madden game and working trades (like majority want to do)

I havent done my numbers yet. Had to get myself set up for classes today ... and my kid is a freshman this year. Had to get her registered... and go shopping (which I hate LOL)

I'll try to get my list set up sometime Saturday and we can compare from there. ( My last semester to my masters) My schedule is a work load

I feel you bro, I have my Bach in Marketing, My MBA in Finance, my JD, and just went back to school to get my MPH think Im done after this lol. Get those numbers and let me know, we should do all the way to 2016 or at least 2015 I'd like to compare, it's fun to me, lol and yes it gets complicated at times esp when you do it from scratch for future years. Who was that on the ESPN boards that said it was easy?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you bro, I have my Bach in Marketing, My MBA in Finance, my JD, and just went back to school to get my MPH think Im done after this lol. Get those numbers and let me know, we should do all the way to 2016 or at least 2015 I'd like to compare, it's fun to me, lol and yes it gets complicated at times esp when you do it from scratch for future years. Who was that on the ESPN boards that said it was easy?

I used to try to jump that far in advance .... and it's fun in a way ... but of all the what ifs..... they will restructure a contract behind the scenes and not even mention it..... It's really hard to do LOL Thats almost like me and you playing a game of Cowboys general manager.... and two years from now aint either of us going to be right LMAO

But yeah I can try to do that.... Dont think I can do it ALL this weekend though. Kid going in highschool ... she burns my brain up on what kinda shoes she has to have to go with what outfit.... :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to try to jump that far in advance .... and it's fun in a way ... but of all the what ifs..... they will restructure a contract behind the scenes and not even mention it..... It's really hard to do LOL Thats almost like me and you playing a game of Cowboys general manager.... and two years from now aint either of us going to be right LMAO

But yeah I can try to do that.... Dont think I can do it ALL this weekend though. Kid going in highschool ... she burns my brain up on what kinda shoes she has to have to go with what outfit.... :L

I feel you, I was saying 2014 asap, and 2015 during season, 2016 can wait need to see cap increase in 2015

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you, I was saying 2014 asap, and 2015 during season, 2016 can wait need to see cap increase in 2015

2014 and 2015 I can do .... (minus the guys we bring in here and there) damn we killed cap space last year doing that .... Hope like hell that isnt the case this year.

But yeah I'm up for it.... after you explained your numbers i think we were off by a few 100k...... Hell the owners prolly dont get that close... LMAO so yeah I'd say me and you do pretty decent at it

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao to funny, you should unblock him, he is a halfway decent guy after you give him a chance.
Ha, thanks Nets(I think) LOL, but getting a cease fire between us would earn you the Nobel Peace Prize lol. Nice thought though