• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap going into 2014

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez could play for 2-3 million a year.... then get a huge year where he makes 15 million
and on down the line.... Key is when they do the contracts.... you can't but but one or two guys getting a huge payout in the same year. That's the tricky part with contracts and why we discuss it on a forum and why they make millions figuring it out.

Only reason this cant work is because of the rule of 125% in other words base salary cant go up more than 125% in any given contract year. Its why teams give signing bonuses and spred it across the life of the deal.

If you give Dez a $40 million deal over four years and pay him $10 million in bonus, you cant split the other $30 million as 3+3+3 +21. It would have to be 5+7+8+10=30 And even there his cap numbers would be $$7.5 , 9.5, 10.5 and 12.5 respectively in each year.

Admittedly I just pulled numbers and years out of thin air for demonstration, but the rule of 125% is a mother, and it was the ultimate justification for both teams cap sanctions.

Wrong ...... Ratliff is making less than 50% this year than he will next... wouldn't be making that much except for the restructured money.

I can send you the new CBA if you want to read it. A player can make 2.5 million this year... and 15 million next year.

Shark, I was ready to agree with you, but when it comes to the CBA and contracts I will go with Twist and Nets thoughts. They spend more time than a whole of a lot us others do on it.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you another thing they can do ....

say I had 20 million guaranteed money in my contract.

But this year... I was set to collect on 4 million in bonus money with a 12 million base salary.

They could hand me 16 million this year... just switch the base to the bonus (guaranteeded money) well not that much you get minimum base.

But right there alone is 16 million off the 20 I guaranteed... The the rest is base salary ..... and they can cut me cheap as hell after the year.

Granted you have to have cap space to do that.... but yes you can do it

Thats how the skins and Cowboys got in trouble... Thats what both teams did. It's within the rules.... Fuck nuts just said we went over the cap when we did it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your problem, you can't discuss your team with rival fans without becoming defensive. Try to add to the conversation every once in a while, or intelligently refute points made, if you have it in you. Your canned responses are played out.

Past that, the Redskins have 35+ million in cap space next year, so what checks are you talking about? Since you want to turn this thread down that path...

Maybe you should just let the people who know what they are talking about talk about it.

my opinions on football are there for all to see and have been for years....this has much to do with your butt hurt feelings....get over yourself clown

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this much, as long as the 2013 isn't a disaster, Dez and Lee will be back for sure, unless they don't want to come back. The Cowboys are way too fond of each guy not to work out substantial deals for each one.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my opinions on football are there for all to see and have been for years....this has much to do with your butt hurt feelings....get over yourself clown

You've only been here a few weeks.

What "hurt feelings" are you referring to? You're the one who comes off as butt hurt anytime a fan from a rival team has any kind of discussion on this forum.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this much, as long as the 2013 isn't a disaster, Dez and Lee will be back for sure, unless they don't want to come back. The Cowboys are way too fond of each guy not to work out substantial deals for each one.

The'll be back next year, if they want to be or not. Jerry will franchise Lee if he has to.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're such a troll....you come looking for eastbay even when he doesn't post on the skins board.

BIS had you pegged all along

I asked a question, it wasn't answered. Why can't people like you and Eastbay answer a question without being defensive little bitches? You call asking if you can trust Jones to draft well as a way to get out of a cap situation, trolling? What planet are you from?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows bovey

besides....My second post on this site and you were blasting payday always ruins it
but now you say I've only been here two weeks

you're a troll, nothing more

I make one post on the skids board after my name is mentioned and you blaste about talking football?

BIS had you pegged

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pday, exactly how is asking if you can trust Jones to draft well trolling?

You're being an idiot.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows bovey

besides....My second post on this site and you were blasting payday always ruins it
but now you say I've only been here two weeks

you're a troll, nothing more

I make one post on the skids board after my name is mentioned and you blaste about talking football?

BIS had you pegged

Here you go, derailing another thread...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post is about the cap ..... not a draft....

Who jumped in derailing?

Sorry bruh .. and I got no issues with you ....

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a question, it wasn't answered. Why can't people like you and Eastbay answer a question without being defensive little bitches? You call asking if you can trust Jones to draft well as a way to get out of a cap situation, trolling? What planet are you from?

I got your Bitch, You Pansy ass Mother Fucker, take your whiny Dry Snitching Fuck Boy ass back to "Catfish" Nation. You snitched me off the Skids board but yet here you are, that Shit will not ride over here, now kick rocks BUSTER!

#Pussy SOB can't live with me, can't live without me :lame: :bawling:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is about the cap ..... not a draft....

Who jumped in derailing?

Sorry bruh .. and I got no issues with you ....

I'm not the one who mentioned the draft to begin with. But getting out of the cap problems and the draft are intertwined.

One of your own fans mentioned drafting well being the key. I agree with that 100%. I just asked a simple follow up. Do you trust Jones to draft well?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is can you trust Jones to draft well?"

That's your football question?

Define Jerry's last three drafts Mr. Redskin fan.
seems to me jerry and his scouts are pretty good at this.
how's the SMU guard working for ya? any truth he might get cut this year?

worry about your own team troll....we feel pretty good about our's

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one who mentioned the draft to begin with. But getting out of the cap problems and the draft are intertwined.

One of your own fans mentioned drafting well being the key. I agree with that 100%. I just asked a simple follow up. Do you trust Jones to draft well?

No I dont trust Jones to draft well...... But Garret has done one hella job since he has been here

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your Bitch, You Pansy ass Mother Fucker, take your whiny Dry Snitching Fuck Boy ass back to "Catfish" Nation. You snitched me off the Skids board but yet here you are, that Shit will not ride over here, now kick rocks BUSTER!

#Pussy SOB can't live with me, can't live without me :lame: :bawling:

You still can't answer a simple question.

:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

say's the redskin fan on the cowboy board.
BUT
turn the tables and you cry like the little girl you are

redskins board --------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats how the skins and Cowboys got in trouble... Thats what both teams did. It's within the rules.... Fuck nuts just said we went over the cap when we did it.

I tell you what, you are correct, but it's a lot more complicated than it seems, not that simple, also Shark I use to think the same thing as I read where it said an increase of 125% was max, but I believe that was just for the uncapped year. If this was the case than the new Romo, Matt Ryan, and esp. Joe Flacco Contracts would not be correct as of now. There is a heck of a lot more to this than just being right or wrong on this 125% issue, but to put it simply yes you may exceed 125% if you don't believe me look at Joe Flacco's contract, look at Tony's new deal, Matty Ice, heck even Matt Stafford's contract has a base of 2MM as of now in 2014 that jumps to 9.5MM in 2015 than to 17MM in 2016. The cap is far more complicated than what it is being made out to be.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ill wade in a little on Jerry Jones

Best damn owner in the NFL bar none IMHO he has made the other owners Millions upon millions also maybe the worst GM in the league depending on your opinion

The problem with Jerry is well documented it is hard to separate the 2 from each other

As far as him drafting our way out of possible salary cap Jail the issue become sticky and thorny and well messy
It all depends on way 2 many factors to predict the last 3 drafts have been pretty good with what looks like Jerry sticking to the board they have and listening to his coaches on passing on players

The question then becomes not can he ? But will he continue to listen to the scouts and coaches and walk the fine line of drafting for skill and not trying to outsmart the rest of the league

JMHO