• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Canada Vs USA - winner plays for gold

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he is the face, he doesn't necessarily need to be a leader. We've got guys to fill that role...I mean we've got Backes, Brown, and Callahan who are all captains of their NHL teams. Kessel and Kessler can set the tone from an energy standpoint. Kane is there for his skill, not his leadership, and I think that is okay.

We do have some leaders, but when you're the face of a team, you need to be a leader and lead by example.

Kane's over handling of the puck just gets really fucking old.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carey Price ... 10 international games ... world junior + olympics = 10 goals against ... good for you bud!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sweden is very good, obviously.

But the best 2 teams played today, just my opinion.

I can easily see the US slacking in the Bronze game for falling short of their goal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and I think Orpik needs to recognize the play better too. But yeah, the series of events that flow from one small decision are interesting to analyze for sure.

I keep looking at things like a coach, and on my team the D is my responsibility. Whenever we get scored against, my D players ask what went wrong. Sometimes it's just "they made a hell of a pass". Sometimes it's more. And always easy to see in hindsight.

The pinch opened the door. Bouwmeester walked through it. Two things still needed to happen after that.

And let's not forget Quick ALMOST got there.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have some leaders, but when you're the face of a team, you need to be a leader and lead by example.

Kane's over handling of the puck just gets really fucking old.

I think we might need to agree to disagree on that first part. Who everyone sees on the outside as the "face of the team" is irrelevant in my opinion.

As to the second point, I couldn't agree more. I was really hoping he would have a great tournament. I wonder if it got in his head a little when he was having trouble the first few games, because it looked like he was just trying to do way too much.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was the best game I have seen in the Olympics of all the NHL players involved. sorry you lost but good luck for the bronze. Im glad it was not decided on something stupid. great great game.

Excellent goaltending on both sides of the ice, despite giving up one goal, still think Quick played out of his mind. Especially late in the game. We didn't get any bounces, big guys didn't step up, Mac and Suter, along with Carlson played outstanding games. Just wasn't our time to win, props to Canada on the win and good luck Sunday. :suds:

No hard feelings between us, my brothers from up North!

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...who should we send all of Bieber's personal info and papers to? We did have a deal.....

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep looking at things like a coach, and on my team the D is my responsibility. Whenever we get scored against, my D players ask what went wrong. Sometimes it's just "they made a hell of a pass". Sometimes it's more. And always easy to see in hindsight.

The pinch opened the door. Bouwmeester walked through it. Two things still needed to happen after that.

And let's not forget Quick ALMOST got there.

Agreed, and really Benn's decision to tip the pass made any recovery by the defense very tough.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guantanamo Bay

im ok with this. then they can officially close it leaving him there forgotten forever

maxresdefault.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sweating bullets in the 3rd especially during the final 5 minutes because as we re-leaned yesterday. No lead is safe till the final horn. I fucking hate the CBC sochi app on on my phone. It kept telling me after Benn Scored it was 0-0. You click the live and boom 1-0. And i wanted to know the freaking time left and it won't tell you.

Glad i have the ESPN sportscenter app on my phone :D.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No complaints after that game. Clean as a whistle. *sigh*

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sweden is very good, obviously.

But the best 2 teams played today, just my opinion.

I can easily see the US slacking in the Bronze game for falling short of their goal.

I agree. Sweden is very good, but I think the US just plays a better all-around game than they do. More star power for Sweden, perhaps, but I see the depth favoring the USA.

Hank will still give Canada some trouble, I'm sure, just as Quick did today. Sweden might be better built for the counter attack, though. We'll see.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Canada! Way to go Carey!

I kid you not, I get a break and go to lunch and the restaraunt had the game on. Great! After about two minutes of game play the picture freezes and becomes pixilated and stays that way until right as I leave. Not my day to watch....