• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Canada Vs USA - winner plays for gold

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The newspapers in the USA should have the frontpages with every Team USA forward and their salaries, to embarrass them and show how awful they came up in this game - Patrick Kane was horrible in the entire tournament - did nothing when this team was scoring a million goals and when they needed him he came up absolutely small

Fuck Dan Bylsma for having that bum Brooks Orpik in the lineup - it was going to cost them at an important time in this tournament

I hate that Canada lolly gagged their way into this tournament by barely beating scrubs and then Team USA decided to not show up when it mattered most

I know Kane wasn't good all tournament, but other than that, I'm not sure what you're complaining about. If the US doesn't show up for this game, it ends 15-0. We showed up, and we lost by 1 to a really good team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but that was Brooks Orpik's mistake, the defenseman has to do a way better job there

What was Orpik's mistake? Not interfering with Benn in the slot?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the bad guys. Near flawless play on both ends of the ice.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Kane wasn't good all tournament, but other than that, I'm not sure what you're complaining about. If the US doesn't show up for this game, it ends 15-0. We showed up, and we lost by 1 to a really good team.

That's exactly what I'm complaining about - people who think a player can turn the switch on at any moment and start scoring are delusional - I was worried because Patrick Kane did nothing in the tournament and if they were going to win, they were going to need him because he's had big moments in the NHL - he's the American version of Crosby, he's done just about everything at the major levels and he came up real small in this tournament

The US did not want this game enough today, they were sleep walking through the first two periods - they did not have good enough puck possession and didn't get dirty enough in the paint to distract Carey Price - they made Carey Price's night beyond easy - I don't care if they bump into him once or twice, get him off his damn game for christ's sake! They did NOTHING to make it difficult on him!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boys, won't be watching the Bronze game

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Orpik's mistake? Not interfering with Benn in the slot?

Brooks Orpik is garbage and you all know it - Dan Bylsma chose him because it was a sentimental pick - he should have never gotten any ice time in this tournament - he was slow to the puck and the defender - got caught just standing there

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Benn wasn't even invited to the Olympic orientation summer camp last summer in Calgary.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I'm complaining about - people who think a player can turn the switch on at any moment and start scoring are delusional - I was worried because Patrick Kane did nothing in the tournament and if they were going to win, they were going to need him because he's had big moments in the NHL - he's the American version of Crosby, he's done just about everything at the major levels and he came up real small in this tournament

The US did not want this game enough today, they were sleep walking through the first two periods - they did not have good enough puck possession and didn't get dirty enough in the paint to distract Carey Price - they made Carey Price's night beyond easy - I don't care if they bump into him once or twice, get him off his damn game for christ's sake! They did NOTHING to make it difficult on him!

I agree, Kane wasn't great, and hasn't been. I didn't expect much from him this game for that reason. However, you are high if you think the US didn't want that game. The effort was there. That was 2 juggernaut teams slugging it out to a 1-0 finish. There's a reason we couldn't do those things you mentioned...Canada's really good if you didn't notice. Saying the US "didn't show up" is disrespectful to the great game we just watched.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks Orpik is garbage and you all know it - Dan Bylsma chose him because it was a sentimental pick - he should have never gotten any ice time in this tournament - he was slow to the puck and the defender - got caught just standing there

I know he's garbage and have said his spot should have been taken by Jack Johnson. In today's game it was painfully obvious.

I am just wondering what his specific mistake was on the goal because I really don't know. Looking for video or a gif. I was focused on Calalhan being way out of position.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's so much horseshit it's hilarious, but I'm glad you got the conclusion that fit your preconceived notions.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that Canada lolly gagged their way into this tournament by barely beating scrubs and then Team USA decided to not show up when it mattered most

I didn't realize Canada got to choose their opponents in this tourney - Oh that's right, they didn't. Your beef is with the IIHF and how they rank teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the only people really to blame for the US losing today are the Canadian Olympic hockey team. They just played better.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still little brother.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking pissed.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the only people really to blame for the US losing today are the Canadian Olympic hockey team. They just played better.

Seriously, they were the better team. They had more talent, all the bitching about the edges of the roster is ridiculous.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19gec8grqfv5bgif.gif

Brooks didn't tie up Benn, but if he had it would have been interference.

If Callahan had been in the right place, Backes would not have had to move out and the pass would have had to get through him and Orpik for Benn to tip it.

If you're gonna point a finger, and you really can't because it was a ridiculous tip by Benn, it was a mistake by Cally that opened that door.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to miss the bronze medal game. I'll be on my way to a rugby match...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for it.

Me too. Blue Jackets coach vs the GM. One is coming home with a medal. I would have rather seen this matchup in the Gold game, but I have been wanting to see it all along. Especially once Russia got bounced.