• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Alabamas defense stop Ohio State??

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically speaking the SEC and the B10 are pretty comparable for overall offense ( B10 average rank is 65th while the SEC average rank is 59) far and away the top offensive league was the B12 but they were also far and away the worst defebnsive league. Its not really that suyrprising to see leagues suceed in one and fail in another since 70%ish of your games are played vs teams in league. I will say that using Oregon as the metric on which to gauge MSU is pretty unfair. Most teams give up huge yards and points to Oregon as they are a top offense, Debating conference strength is only really relevant if the team from the weaker league did not dominate their opposition. OSU won by an average of almsot 26 ppg in league play ( most of any conference champion ). A more valid conference strength argument as it relates to a playoff team is the ACC and Florida State

Maybe this will help :suds:

Power-5-OOC-Standing-Nov-2014.png

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will help :suds:

Power-5-OOC-Standing-Nov-2014.png

To me that makes the B10 stats look better not worse. Playing 17 games vs P5 opponents is by far the highest % of any league. Saying teams that play tougher OOC games gives them an advantage as it pertains to stats is sort of weird... Anyway I dont think the numbers are right or at least not year end numbers. The ACC for sure played more OOC games vs P5 leagues than what you have here and so did the SEC. Its ironic that the 2 leagues who are considered "down" also played way more P5 opponents OOC. Ill give the P12 and B12 a pass because they play 9 league games but the SEC playing 10 or 11 P5 OOC games is terrible. I know for sure a few teams played 2 so that means almost half the league didnt play a single OOC game vs a P5 team?? Makes thopse SOS numbers look awfully skewed, Priobably easier to have a quality SOS when 2/3 of the teams in your league coast to 4-0 OOC playing no one. Jeez I think they played more FCS teams than P5 teams..

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me that makes the B10 stats look better not worse. Playing 17 games vs P5 opponents is by far the highest % of any league. Saying teams that play tougher OOC games gives them an advantage as it pertains to stats is sort of weird... Anyway I dont think the numbers are right or at least not year end numbers. The ACC for sure played more OOC games vs P5 leagues than what you have here and so did the SEC. Its ironic that the 2 leagues who are considered "down" also played way more P5 opponents OOC. Ill give the P12 and B12 a pass because they play 9 league games but the SEC playing 10 or 11 P5 OOC games is terrible. I know for sure a few teams played 2 so that means almost half the league didnt play a single OOC game vs a P5 team?? Makes thopse SOS numbers look awfully skewed, Priobably easier to have a quality SOS when 2/3 of the teams in your league coast to 4-0 OOC playing no one. Jeez I think they played more FCS teams than P5 teams..

Heres the update

Power-5-Standings-Dec-2014-1024x228.png

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the biggest “ah-ha” over the weekend, is that the SEC East is the worst Power 5 Conference Division. Going 0-3 vs. the ACC Atlantic and 0-1 vs. the ACC Coastal. This means that the SEC East had only 1 Power 5 out-of-conference win for the season, Georgia’s 45-21 win over Clemson.

Power-5-Divisional-Standings-Dec-2014-1024x334.png

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Big12 losing to an FCS team.....

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread needs an SEC attitudinal adjustment factor. Just like in horse racing, Grade I, Grade II, etc., and dog racing, Class A,B,C, etc. Bama is A class, Ohio is D Class. Adjust stats accordingly.

Do we readjust the Class A,B,C thing now?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a flippin idiot. AUs WRs are better than yours. Williams, Coates, Bray better than Smith, Michael, etc. Artis Payne running up the middle and speedster Cory Grant are just as good if not better than Eze etc. Auburns Oline is at least just as good as yours. They have a talented TE in Uzomah. And finally they have a QB in Marshall that is way more nimble and athletic than Cardale who is going to be a sitting duck in the pocket. OSU will be lucky to score more than 28pts and Bama will put at least 35 on you. Your offense is solid and definitely has talent and will score points. But with Cardale at QB its not going to be nearly as productive as you think. You don't know now, but you will learn soon enough.

A team that lost to a team that Ohio state beat 59 - 0