• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Matt

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh, and just for everyone's enjoyment (if you leave the sound off and ignore the shitty music), in honor of Matt's career:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a smooth, fluid style. He will be missed. Truly a great RB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte looks as good as ever.

Meh. No he doesn't. Fantasy football skews a lot of people's reality.

He scored 3 touchdowns. Two from the one, another from the 10. Outside of that, pretty mediocre rushing performance against a mediocre defense. Averaged about 3.5 YPC, I believe,

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. No he doesn't. Fantasy football skews a lot of people's reality.

He scored 3 touchdowns. Two from the one, another from the 10. Outside of that, pretty mediocre rushing performance against a mediocre defense. Averaged about 3.5 YPC, I believe,

It was from the 12 and he was untouched. Bills are a decent D. I thought he looked good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was from the 12 and he was untouched. Bills are a decent D. I thought he looked good.

Bills are not a decent D. This is a big misconception, everybody assumes they have a good defense because Rex is their coach. Middle of the pack in every category last season, and just gave 37 points at home to a middling Jets offense.

Also, the fact he was untouched makes it less impressive. Bills D was exhausted and they were blown off the ball on that play. Wide open path to the end zone.

He looks exactly like he did last year, and he'll wear down as the season goes on. Just like every back past the 30 year old mark.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be rude, but do I need to post the definition of the word "decent"?

I wasn't trying to incite anything by commenting about Forte. I like the dude, and am happy to see him still playing well, even if it's not as a Bear. It was not a comment that was meant to say anything other than "he looked good". It wasn't a "should've or could've" comment, just a straight forward, he had a good game, and I enjoyed watching it. I'm not AI. I agree with the Bears letting him go, so I don't really see the need to be argumentative or emotional about it. I agree, I think he'll wear down, particularly if they give it to him 30 times a game like they have been, but for the first 2 weeks, he looks pretty good for a 30 year old back, and I hope he keeps it up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't trying to incite anything by commenting about Forte. I like the dude, and am happy to see him still playing well, even if it's not as a Bear. It was not a comment that was meant to say anything other than "he looked good". It wasn't a "should've or could've" comment, just a straight forward, he had a good game, and I enjoyed watching it. I'm not AI. I agree with the Bears letting him go, so I don't really see the need to be argumentative or emotional about it. I agree, I think he'll wear down, particularly if they give it to him 30 times a game like they have been, but for the first 2 weeks, he looks pretty good for a 30 year old back, and I hope he keeps it up.

Okay, well my fault then. I just thought for a 100% fact that I was going to go on the board last night and see Noon and/or AI posting in a thread like this saying "I told you so" about Forte. Which would have been ridiculous...

I do disagree that he looks "as good as ever" or however you put it. He looks nothing close to what he was in 2010 through 2013 when he was healthy. 2011, in particular was the best year of his career (prior to injury) and easily the best he ever looked. IMO, he started to lose a bit of burst in 2014. Still "good" at everything, which will keep him in the league another year or two. However, far from the force he once was.

Also, because I'm an asshole and looked it up. The Bills were 19th in total defense, 19th in pass defense and 16th in rush defense last year. Not to mention, history tells us Rob Ryan only makes defense's worse upon arrival (along with last night's performance). I think you can actually call them subpar.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`m gonna agree with Rich on this one...........30 carries for a 100 is not good.he actually looked slow.And I kept looking for these screen passes that he was well known for here in Chicago and di`nt see it.
I think his longest run was that 12 yarder for a td...........I think he kinda looked old and slow out there......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They`ll get him killed they continue that.....I kept watching,but don`t remember,did powell ever come out on the field to start a series?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`m gonna agree with Rich on this one...........30 carries for a 100 is not good.he actually looked slow.And I kept looking for these screen passes that he was well known for here in Chicago and di`nt see it.
I think his longest run was that 12 yarder for a td...........I think he kinda looked old and slow out there......

He had more catches and yards in week one. Admittedly, I didn't religiously watch the whole game, but it seemed every time I saw him run, he was getting positive gains, with a few being more than I thought it would go for. He is a savy back, but they need to give the other guy some snaps too, just to save his ass a bit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They`ll get him killed they continue that.....I kept watching,but don`t remember,did powell ever come out on the field to start a series?

Was looking for that as well. I hardly even remember seeing Powell take a snap.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, he moved the chains. He rarely lost yardage. Any time you're doing that, you're getting the job done. However, he was far from impressive. If anything, what shocked me was that he was 2 for 2 scoring on goal line carries. I'm not sure he EVER did that in his time here. He's always struggled so badly in short yardage.

Like I said, in today's fantasy football obsessed world. You see him put up 28 points or whatever, and you assume "My gosh! He was a beast!"... When in fact, it was simply a passable performance against a mediocre defense.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he moved the chains. He rarely lost yardage. Any time you're doing that, you're getting the job done. However, he was far from impressive. If anything, what shocked me was that he was 2 for 2 scoring on goal line carries. I'm not sure he EVER did that in his time here. He's always struggled so badly in short yardage.

Like I said, in today's fantasy football obsessed world. You see him put up 28 points or whatever, and you assume "My gosh! He was a beast!"... When in fact, it was simply a passable performance against a mediocre defense.

And if I remember right,Fitzpatrick missed a wide open Matt in the endzone as he was scrambling from being sacked on the Jets first or second drive of the game.......

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was usually pulled at the goal line here for a bigger back, but just about every play Matt looks stopped, he lays down and gets two or three yards. That might have done his career good since he really never took alot of punishing hits, but its also the reason he will be productive another 4-5 years.

Matt is going to have a few years left, the problem here is you could have hung on to him another year or two while you wait to change quarterbacks instead of surrounding this one question marks and rookies.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt is going to have a few years left, the problem here is you could have hung on to him another year or two while you wait to change quarterbacks instead of surrounding this one question marks and rookies.
Matt Forte looked familiar on Thursday. Total yards from scrimmage was typical M.Forte... the touchdowns helped. I loved Forte... Now he's a Jet. Resigning an aging running back with a lot of miles, isn't wise. When you have the next guy already on the roster.

I swear, AI's 2016 Bears team would consist of the entire "name" guys from 2006-2012... minus, of course, Jay Cutler- And he would think that was a good thing in 2016 to have a roster full of 30-38 year olds. (and a completely insane out of whack salary cap that wouldn't be possible)
Urlacher, Briggs, Marshall, Forte, Peanut, Peppers, Bennett, even Hester. All would still be here if AI was the GM. Super Bowl Bound! I'm positive taking First Round QB's each year would work too. smh

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? For you everyone is too old when they hit 30, other than your quarterback. Urlacher and Briggs are retired, Peanut did more for Fuller than anyone else, whether or not he was on the field.

Bennett? Really? Mr Drag Ass? Now you are the one not making any sense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? For you everyone is too old when they hit 30, other than your quarterback. Urlacher and Briggs are retired, Peanut did more for Fuller than anyone else, whether or not he was on the field.

That's generally the consensus among anyone who has ever watched football. A quarterback takes far less physical abuse over the course their career compared to say...I don't know...a running back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was usually pulled at the goal line here for a bigger back, but just about every play Matt looks stopped, he lays down and gets two or three yards. That might have done his career good since he really never took alot of punishing hits, but its also the reason he will be productive another 4-5 years.

Oh my god... YOU DO NOT WATCH THE NFL. STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ACTUALLY WATCH. IT IS SO BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. 4 to 5 years? What... the... fuck? lol... He'll be 35-36! No RB has EVER played that long, much less be productive at that age. No RB has ever COME CLOSE to that. He MAYBE has one more year left after this, MAYBE.

Also, no. He actually was not pulled for a bigger back. He failed A LOT on the goal line. He was often pulled for a smaller back. Like Chester Taylor, Marion Barber, Jeremy Langford... etc...

You just spout... BLAH! BLAH!... BLAH! BLAH!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, dip shit. RB's are... what don't you get about this? It's a FACT. lol