• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Matt

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that... I suggested that exact same thing to my brother last week. Not only do the 'Boys have a good line, but they have enough pieces in place overall to make a playoff run and I gotta believe Forte is going to want to sign with a contender.

You could argue the Seahawks as well, with the retirement of the Beast, he could plug right in and compete for a ring.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. thats exactly what they did when they committed 32 million to Jared Allen, someone that was not productive in minnesota and was not the focal point of either side of the ball. 2. We will see how this tone turns when they do sign a veteran backup runner for more than Matt gets that does absolutely nothing.
3.You are not comparing an old running back to THE guy that was THE focal point of the offense who has plenty left who could ALWAYS be count on for moving the football.

1. That Jared Allen deal was from the old regime. Pace cured it by trading him and getting something for him. To put that signing on Pace is stupid and fictional.
2. Does your ass hurt for pulling that of it? WTF are you talking about- none of that has happened and I highly doubt it does. It just doesn't make sense- just like your meatball posts.
3. Always? be counted on? I love Forte... but this isn't a true statement either. First, He was injured this year and missed 5 games... so that blows your load right there. Second, Matt Forte is a great player, but he's not a team changing player...not a franchise making player at his position... And again... how many playoff runs did Matt Forte spearhead? Oh yeah... one in 8 years. (*let me hear your reasons why? I bet they sound awful similar to my reasons for lack of playoff appearances when I discuss a certain other great Chicago Bear.)

I think Forte will be a treasure, and likely, a great addition for a team one or two players away from a Superbowl. (If the Patriots don't pick him up, they are dumb) It doesn't matter if Forte agrees to an over paid $50M deal or a $5M per year 2 year deal...something I'm thinking you would have accepted. What matters is the Bears, have cheap replacements in place...and can use that money elsewhere. That's it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it...
At my estimated Bear friendly: 2 year $10M deal for Forte to return to the Bears...

How many all purpose yards/touchdowns MORE would Matt Forte have given the Bears next year...over Langford and Carey? 300? Two touchdowns?

Is that worth more than say... 2 or 3 Defensive players at need depth positions on one year prove it contract? And extra 3 takeaways?
And who's to say that Langford doesn't improve over his rookie totals. With Forte gone, he can/should improve too.
(*and is a much better short yardage back)

Let's not forget...that as durable as Matt has been for his career, we've already seen him miss a good chunk of time with his injury last year... will be more likely or less likely to have an injury at 30-31 than he was last year?

Again... Loved Matt Forte, one of my favorite Bears over the past 8 years, and if he was still under contract I wouldn't say cut him...no way... but to sign him again is a different story. Hugs & kisses.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That Jared Allen deal was from the old regime. Pace cured it by trading him and getting something for him. To put that signing on Pace is stupid and fictional.
2. Does your ass hurt for pulling that of it? WTF are you talking about- none of that has happened and I highly doubt it does. It just doesn't make sense- just like your meatball posts.
3. Always? be counted on? I love Forte... but this isn't a true statement either. First, He was injured this year and missed 5 games... so that blows your load right there. Second, Matt Forte is a great player, but he's not a team changing player...not a franchise making player at his position... And again... how many playoff runs did Matt Forte spearhead? Oh yeah... one in 8 years. (*let me hear your reasons why? I bet they sound awful similar to my reasons for lack of playoff appearances when I discuss a certain other great Chicago Bear.)

I think Forte will be a treasure, and likely, a great addition for a team one or two players away from a Superbowl. (If the Patriots don't pick him up, they are dumb) It doesn't matter if Forte agrees to an over paid $50M deal or a $5M per year 2 year deal...something I'm thinking you would have accepted. What matters is the Bears, have cheap replacements in place...and can use that money elsewhere. That's it.

Pace got us a measly 6th rounder from the runner up, so what is it the second to last pick in the draft? I would have given him points if he found a way to get rid of him without paying the 11 million dollar roster bonus. Really, Carolina only paid allen 800K and ONLY gave us the 200th something pick in the draft.

The bears are not a better team without forte. Keep telling yourself that they are. If Forte was 32, your points are valid, he is not. Its your guy that is losing the player that, over the past 5 years has always been responsible for 60% of the offensive load, even missing games.

I am not worried that you are not as smart as you think you are anymore, a little concerned that you are thinking about my ass and my loads now. Lets not let this get out of hand.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace got us a measly 6th rounder from the runner up, so what is it the second to last pick in the draft? I would have given him points if he found a way to get rid of him without paying the 11 million dollar roster bonus. Really, Carolina only paid allen 800K and ONLY gave us the 200th something pick in the draft.

The bears are not a better team without forte. Keep telling yourself that they are. If Forte was 32, your points are valid, he is not. Its your guy that is losing the player that, over the past 5 years has always been responsible for 60% of the offensive load, even missing games.

I am not worried that you are not as smart as you think you are anymore, a little concerned that you are thinking about my ass and my loads now. Lets not let this get out of hand.
If our Bears were close, sure you can argue keep Forte, but our team isn't close. Keeping a high price 30 year old RB Vet, just doesn't make sense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our Bears were close, sure you can argue keep Forte, but our team isn't close. Keeping a high price 30 year old RB Vet, just doesn't make sense.
It really comes down to how much money it would have taken to keep MF. It does make sense to players and future players coming in. To not have him retire a Bear is not cool. If he wanted to much then that is on him. Unless someone can post what he wanted, there is no correct answer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We did.

We created more cap space, and cut loose an aging RB at the perfect time.
We also created a hole that will need filled and that will eat up much of the savings. Only time will tell on this move. We have a opportunity to improve. But to say we have improved already is premature and I know a thing or two about being premature.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also created a hole that will need filled and that will eat up much of the savings. Only time will tell on this move. We have a opportunity to improve. But to say we have improved already is premature and I know a thing or two about being premature.
I doubt it, maybe they grab a late round RB, but it is the Langford, Cary show here on out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it, maybe they grab a late round RB, but it is the Langford, Cary show here on out.
We don't know that for sure NCC. Fox has a history of drafting RBs early. Fox is all about ball control and still has that old school mentality.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really comes down to how much money it would have taken to keep MF. It does make sense to players and future players coming in. To not have him retire a Bear is not cool. If he wanted to much then that is on him. Unless someone can post what he wanted, there is no correct answer.
which would have made a statement like, "we had preliminary talks with Matts agent finishing off last year and decided with his reduced role we have planned in this offense, it was time for us to move on." much easier to swallow. There is no other way to interpret they did what they did with Tillman last year and did not even want to know what it would take. Sure, maybe Pace does not think he owes us that information, but everyone was ready to quit on Carey over the summer, never gonna make it, Jizzed over Jaquizz rogers being signed so neither Carey or Langford would have even played much, carey most probably would have been cut if Rodgers did not get hurt.

Just let our best offensive player go, we just got farther away from the playoffs.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Just let our best offensive player go, we just got farther away from the playoffs.

Farther in in 2016 is debatable, but beside the point. That's like saying by moving a little further west in California I just got farther away from living in Detroit. I'm not going to either way, so who cares?

With the right signing, we just got a chance to get closer to becoming a serious playoff team again in the future. Not totally, it takes many moves, and they have to do the right thing from here, but it was a necessary step.

And if you are a Forte fan, you should be happy for him. Now he can sign with a team with a better playoff chance and more money than he would have gotten with us. Isn't this a win-win?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Idiot is a prime example of a typically odd Bear fan... This happens a lot and I'm still curious as to why:

Bears play poorly, miss playoffs... Bear fans complain say FIRE the COACH!
Bears Fire Coaches (Lovie)... Bear fans complain.
Bears hire new coaches (Trestman then Fox)... Bear Fans still complain- on both. One rightly so, one not so much.
Bears have crappy GM's (Angelo & Emery)... Bear Fans complain say FIRE the GM!!
Bears fire crappy GM's and hire new guy (Pace)... Bear Fans still complain.

Bears employ some good to great players, and yet still don't win much... Bear Fans Complain.
Bears cut ties with said players (because they are not winning and they are getting old)...Bear Fans STILL complain?

Bears Trade for prime players... Bear Fans complain
Bears pay big money for Free Agents... Bear Fans Complain
Bears Trade big money free Agents, because they are not living up to contract, poor teammates... Bear Fans Complain.

What's the common denominator here? Hmmm

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
common denominator, you always think you are right, and everyone with an opinion different than yours is wrong and out cast.

Only one more player to cut ties with who is not winning and getting old til this team turns around. Then we get to hear you say how big of a mistake was made.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farther in in 2016 is debatable, but beside the point. That's like saying by moving a little further west in California I just got farther away from living in Detroit. I'm not going to either way, so who cares?

With the right signing, we just got a chance to get closer to becoming a serious playoff team again in the future. Not totally, it takes many moves, and they have to do the right thing from here, but it was a necessary step.

And if you are a Forte fan, you should be happy for him. Now he can sign with a team with a better playoff chance and more money than he would have gotten with us. Isn't this a win-win?

Are you a bear fan? You are satisfied that a guy with 12,817 yards from scrimmage in 8 seasons is gone? A guy that just averaged 99 yards per game over his 13 games this year? never less than 1287 last year?

This could have been a necessary step in 2 or 3 years. Both Cutler and Forte could ride off to pasture.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Are you a bear fan? You are satisfied that a guy with 12,817 yards from scrimmage in 8 seasons is gone? A guy that just averaged 99 yards per game over his 13 games this year? never less than 1287 last year?

This could have been a necessary step in 2 or 3 years. Both Cutler and Forte could ride off to pasture.

Yes. I'd like the Bears TO WIN A SUPER BOWL. Overpaying aging free agents near the end of their careers to maybe eke out a 9th win instead of an 8th in 2016 does not really excite me as a Bear fan from the standpoint of winning a Super Bowl at some point in the near future.

You want us to do that though, which is a great formula for yet another year of mediocrity. Are you a Bear fan? You good with one playoff win in the last 9 seasons?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
common denominator, you always think you are right, and everyone with an opinion different than yours is wrong and out cast.

Only one more player to cut ties with who is not winning and getting old til this team turns around. Then we get to hear you say how big of a mistake was made.

A.I. You are not alone in your meatballish homerism. Take comfort in that. There will be plenty of mustachioed, Ditka loving, Superbowl Shuffle singing, "bear weather" loving, sausage breath Chicagoans still living in 1985, who will agree with you in complaining about everything: Cutler, trade of BM, Pace, not resigning Forte... and whatever else comes our way... I'm sure the 2016 first round pick with be "terrible" too.

When you start to learn that it's time to move forward, you will be a much happier Bear Fan. Cheers! :suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has occurred is by the choice of Matt Forte. It's what's best for him.

Move over Neal Anderson. Second-best back in Bears history. :clap:

Thanks for the gr8at years.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has occurred is by the choice of Matt Forte. It's what's best for him.

Move over Neal Anderson. Second-best back in Bears history. :clap:

Thanks for the gr8at years.

I hope thats how it happened, just all the reports claim the bears told him they were not going to offer him a contract. That assumes that Matt was waiting for the offer before getting his schedule set to visit teams.
We all know what assuming does though.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope thats how it happened, just all the reports claim the bears told him they were not going to offer him a contract. That assumes that Matt was waiting for the offer before getting his schedule set to visit teams.
We all know what assuming does though.

I don't know the ins-and-outs and won't pretend to, but I "assume" that the general ball-park figure is known, and the Bears couldn't allot that much for him, in good conscience. As much as I loved the old days, before FA...when great players played their whole career for one team...it is a rarity post FA. Matt deserves a payday, and a chance at a ring. Realistically, he prolly has a couple-three more good years in him. Just as realistically, he declines rapidly here going forward.

I think it's a good move for Matt and the Team.