• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Chiefs here we go!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wanted to go ahead and get this going as I don't know how much I will be on after today and wanted to get some of my thoughts for this game out there.

Obviously this is a huge game for both teams. Broncos win and essentially they could be building a 3-game lead with 4 games left to play in the division. Plus gives them a huge step forward in at least securing that 2-seed and hoping maybe the Patriots stumble a little down the stretch.

For the Chiefs this could be their season on the line here. With so many teams sitting at that 7-4 mark any losses at this point are huge. Plus not like they have the easiest stretch to close out the season with all but 1 game against a playoff possible team.

So for the Broncos essentially I think it boils down to 2 things...First for the offense is to continue off what they did last week. That was by far our best offensive output of the season and actually just on that game alone was better than the record setting offense we had last year. Especially when you consider we were playing a top-5 defense and just owned them. So again continue to build off what we did. I really like the big sets we used and want to see more of that moving forward. I think this past game showed the Broncos that their best offense actually doesn't involve having a guy like Julius Thomas but a more valuable player is possibly Virgil Green. I know that is maybe taking things a bit far but we are undefeated with Virgil Green playing a majority of the game (went out I think 1st play against Seattle so not counting that one).

Defensively to me it is all about stopping the run. Alex Smith refuses to go deep so to me I would force Smith to have to go deep to beat us. Crowd the LOS with both safeties no further back than 10 yards and just trust that our Corners will do just fine not getting beat deep.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wanted to go ahead and get this going as I don't know how much I will be on after today and wanted to get some of my thoughts for this game out there.

Obviously this is a huge game for both teams. Broncos win and essentially they could be building a 3-game lead with 4 games left to play in the division. Plus gives them a huge step forward in at least securing that 2-seed and hoping maybe the Patriots stumble a little down the stretch.

For the Chiefs this could be their season on the line here. With so many teams sitting at that 7-4 mark any losses at this point are huge. Plus not like they have the easiest stretch to close out the season with all but 1 game against a playoff possible team.

So for the Broncos essentially I think it boils down to 2 things...First for the offense is to continue off what they did last week. That was by far our best offensive output of the season and actually just on that game alone was better than the record setting offense we had last year. Especially when you consider we were playing a top-5 defense and just owned them. So again continue to build off what we did. I really like the big sets we used and want to see more of that moving forward. I think this past game showed the Broncos that their best offense actually doesn't involve having a guy like Julius Thomas but a more valuable player is possibly Virgil Green. I know that is maybe taking things a bit far but we are undefeated with Virgil Green playing a majority of the game (went out I think 1st play against Seattle so not counting that one).

Defensively to me it is all about stopping the run. Alex Smith refuses to go deep so to me I would force Smith to have to go deep to beat us. Crowd the LOS with both safeties no further back than 10 yards and just trust that our Corners will do just fine not getting beat
deep.

I just heard the Chiefs lead the NFL in "opponents" time of possesion. Cd`s last paragraph speaks volumes for a Denver victory. That is the correct recipe in defeating KC. On the other side of ball, they need to come out with same mindset as last wk. Run,run,play action,mis-direction and please be wary of the bubble- screens. There`s a pk 6 ready to happen if you go to the well to often and KC will be anticipating them based on formations. That`s a good time to fake the bubble and throw to an open CJ on the other side. They have to throw in different looks in the run game and if they do, I think CJ/ Juwann can have a goood day vs Chiefs less the steller run D. Go Broncos. Take care of buisness and make us proud on a prime-time Sun nite.:suds:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the defense. Crowd the line of scrimmage to stop the run and take away the short passes, and then make the Chiefs go over the top if they want to beat you.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should run the ball a lot again, as the Chiefs have a defense predicated on speed, much like Miami, and that is the best way to beat that type of defense. You've got to run right at them and smash them in the mouth. It worked well last week, and we should have similar success this week too if we stay committed to the run game.

I suspect the Chiefs will be anticipating a heavy dose of the run game, so they may start off by stacking the box and cheating up their safeties. Play action could result in a big play early. I will be looking for this if the Chiefs do try to take away the run game. This sounds weird, considering we have Manning, but if get our run game going early, the Chiefs will be in trouble. They will have to try to stop it.

Defensively, I think one big key will be having our LBs stay disciplined and be on the lookout for draw plays. It seems like the Chiefs have a lot of success running draw plays, and Charles can really gash a defense when he gets past the D-line. I have been wanting to see the defense be more aggressive with the pass rush, but this may not be the week for it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to show that we are capable of playing at a high level for an entire game. Looks to me as if there are teams that can do that. Only one wins the last game. Winning at Arrowhead won't be easy, but neither is it easy to be the last team standing. Really hope for evidence that our team is up to the task. I'm optimistic, but I feel like this game is likely to tell a lot about what we might expect down the stretch. Need to come up big. Go Broncos!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Denver does not play well in Kansas City.

The better news my wife and I will be able to watch the game Sunday night once we get home. Looking forward to that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Denver does not play well in Kansas City.

The better news my wife and I will be able to watch the game Sunday night once we get home. Looking forward to that.

You are certainly right that we have a history of struggling to win at KC, though we have won our last three there. I really don't think that the history of the series matters nearly as much as it does that our team shows to itself that it is capable of playing an entire game at a high level on the road when the stakes are high. Really hope to get that done.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Guise!!
Here's to hoping for a good, injury free game.
Go Chiefs!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defensively to me it is all about stopping the run. Alex Smith refuses to go deep so to me I would force Smith to have to go deep to beat us. Crowd the LOS with both safeties no further back than 10 yards and just trust that our Corners will do just fine not getting beat deep.

I picked the Broncos so don't embarress me! Run the damn ball and win by 35 points!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Broncos so don't embarress me! Run the damn ball and win by 35 points!

Haha that is my hope! I'm hoping the Broncos have looked and see that the Chiefs give up the most yards per carry of any team in the NFL at 5 yards a carry this season. To me if I am one of the offensive coaches I am going crazy looking at that stat thinking of what we could do of just running it down their throats down the field. Throw in it is supposed to be like 20-30 degrees tomorrow night in KC with 20 mph winds. That is perfect running weather.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So injury update...Brandon Marshall has been cleared to play for Sunday! J. Thomas and Talib are both questionable for the game. They did some minor work in practice but not sure either will play. Webster is for sure out with a shoulder injury as well as Hillman and Ball. We are definitely a little more beat up for this one but just keep thinking here in 2 more games we get one of our best players on the team back from IR!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Denver got Bibbs back again. Anyone know who got the boot, if anyone?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots lose and the Broncos with a win over K.C. can push them down the standings. S.D. vs New England next week as well. Its up to the Broncos now to get it done in K.C.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we stop throwing to Jacob Tamme on 3rd down I'll be happy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping KC offense of field with 2 time consuming td drives. Keep the foot on the gas boys!

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are looking great so far. I really like the mix of pass and run. We don't look predictable IMO, and the offense is hitting on all cylinders.

The defense is also handling business. They definitely don't look flat, and are all over the field. Alex Smith is feeling the heat already.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey randymon, it looks like I'm going to need a monster game from the Dolphins DST to get the win against you in FF. Go Dolphins! :suds:

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Special teams is looking great too. Nice tackle by Bolden.