• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PS- Friday Denver Broncos @ Arizona Cardinals

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey is out 2-3 weeks. Not a huge deal. You don't want to see injuries but he is a vet who got some good camp time in and at least he will be back for the season opener. Could be way worse.

As always, the first PS game is usually the most fun. After seeing basically no starters in PS last year outside of Albert O, while always risky I think this will be a much better thing for us this year. Actually playing the starters to get some reps before the season starts.

I would ask what are you most interested in seeing but if you're like me the answer would be "EVERYTHING"

The obvious is Russell Wilson in year two under a different staff. Was last year a fluke or reality? I think a fluke but the million dollar question this offseason for us Bronco fans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, some good news for me. I have the Sunday ticket on youtube this year.

For the last several years I shared the Sunday ticket with my brother. Which was fine but annoying at times. Thankfully his team (Dolphins) usually play early and the Broncos late but I would have to log in from my ipad to watch most of the Bronco games with a sign in off my parents direct TV package deal. It was nice and all but it will be nice having it Full-Time on my actual television going forward.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't put much stock into how the 1st pre-season game plays out even with starters playing a number of snaps. It the first time they will go against a different D and scheme and still early in the pre-season so it won't give me much insight yet as it is just part of the process especially with a new coaching staff. The 3rd preseason game is where I want to see an efficient offense starting to come into place and it will be good to see how it goes with the joint practices with the Rams.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think denver will easily win the game.cards are awful without their qb.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey is out 2-3 weeks. Not a huge deal. You don't want to see injuries but he is a vet who got some good camp time in and at least he will be back for the season opener. Could be way worse.

As always, the first PS game is usually the most fun. After seeing basically no starters in PS last year outside of Albert O, while always risky I think this will be a much better thing for us this year. Actually playing the starters to get some reps before the season starts.

I would ask what are you most interested in seeing but if you're like me the answer would be "EVERYTHING"

The obvious is Russell Wilson in year two under a different staff. Was last year a fluke or reality? I think a fluke but the million dollar question this offseason for us Bronco fans.
I’m not as high on McGlinchey as most people are. I’m prepared to hear refs calling penalties on #69 more than we want to hear. But hoping we hear fewer penalties on #72.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first depth chart is out... Which doesn't say a lot yet it still says a lot if you know what I mean.

I think a lot of people are probably surprised by Trautman being listed as the #1 TE. I don't think we should be... Dulcich is a rec TE which rec TE's are usually never listed as the #1 TE. Trautman while he is known to be a good receiver is also a a level up on blocking.

Mims listed at #1 PR tells us all we probably need to know with Montrell Washington's fade with the team going into PS.

Like I posted before Jalen Virgil appears to be in trouble. Listing Sterns/Jackson as co-starters is a nice way to give respect to Kareem but we all know who is starting there. Brandon Johnson appears in good standings like we thought. Ja'Quan McMillian appears to be ahead of the cluster of CB's after Bassey right now.

Now time for players to climb or fall with the PS games. I have always felt most roster spots are decided without PS games but there are always open spots that come down to the PS game. The WR spot will be a lot like last year in PS, IMO where the final tough decisions of how many to keep and who to keep will really come down to the PS games. I think Brandon Johnson is in good standings though. He may have cemented his roster spot in camp. It seems like Payton really likes him... This is his second good camp and lets hope this time he remains healthy throughout PS.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, some good news for me. I have the Sunday ticket on youtube this year.

For the last several years I shared the Sunday ticket with my brother. Which was fine but annoying at times. Thankfully his team (Dolphins) usually play early and the Broncos late but I would have to log in from my ipad to watch most of the Bronco games with a sign in off my parents direct TV package deal. It was nice and all but it will be nice having it Full-Time on my actual television going forward.
Going to be interesting having NFL Sunday Ticket being on youtube.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest concern friday Arizona's Turf is AWFUL

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert O buried on the depth chart. I don't see him making it out of camp which is a shame as there is physical talent there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert O buried on the depth chart. I don't see him making it out of camp which is a shame as there is physical talent there.

Hell, even our undrafted TE from SC is ahead of him on the depth chart.

We have Trautman who is familiar with Payton and is more of a versatile TE who can block and catch decent. He hasn't exactly lived up to his hype coming out of college but he is having a good camp and it seems like his best days may be ahead. We have Dulcich who is our TE that we can use as a split out WR and at the line as a TE to create mismatch problems with the way you have to defend him. Then we have Manhertz who is our best blocking TE.

Albert O really doesn't have a role now. I know injuries have been the biggest issue for him dating back to college when he was once considered the possible top TE in the draft only to fall because of injuries. However, he just gets no separation. He would probably fit the Iowa Hawkeyes offense well where you are only required to pick up 2 or 3 yards. This is his 4th year and injuries and separation have still been an issue. I guess at least we never had to learn the spelling of his last name. ;) He was a worthy 5th round pick but we got better things in mind.

I think he will bounce around for awhile in the NFL, which I hope he does.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most interesting things to be this first game (Being a WR whore after a DB whore of course) will be how the WR's separate themselves. I think one of the most fun things about last PS was seeing the WR's jockying for position in PS games. Jalen Virgil really won a roster spot in PS and gave us no choice but to keep him even after a good PS from guys like Seth Williams who also had a good PS just not enough room for him. Tyrie Cleveland was hurt but made it based off special teams play and Hinton also had a great PS and started off on the practice squad only to be activated early on. Brandon Johnson all but won a roster spot then had a high ankle sprain in the last PS game and had to wait it out for 6 weeks before we could bring him back. Johnson appears to be nearly a lock to make it this year. Virgil seems to not be having the same type of camp he had last year but lets not forget he really took off in the PS to earn his spot last year. I am interested to see what Montrell Washington can show as a WR in these games now that it appears his calling is not going to be as a return man here.

The WR unit was fun to watch last year to see who earned those last few roster spots and I think that is one of the things I am looking forward to again this PS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in watching quite a few of the groups. My top-3 though would be WR as you listed @Draft Crazy as seems like a lot of guys bunched together fighting for about 2 spots.

The second group would be CB. Riley Moss will make it because of draft position, but look at CB's 5 and 6 could get real interesting. Bassey has a leg up being a veteran, but I have to say McMillian and Faion Hicks are the guys that impressed me most when I was at practice. Both guys look like they took major leaps forward over last season. Damarri Mathis won't play a ton but again another guy that looks really confident and ready for a big season.

The final group is the DL. Broncos haven't done much to add to this group and with Harris signing with the Browns it is getting late in the game to be adding someone. I know they can add from cut downs of course, but from the sound of things the Broncos really have liked what they have seen from their guys. Henningsen, Harris, Mustipher, and Lancaster are all names I've heard positive remarks about so far in camp.

Mostly just hoping though that the Arizona field doesn't derail our season with injuries.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most interesting things to be this first game (Being a WR whore after a DB whore of course) will be how the WR's separate themselves. I think one of the most fun things about last PS was seeing the WR's jockying for position in PS games. Jalen Virgil really won a roster spot in PS and gave us no choice but to keep him even after a good PS from guys like Seth Williams who also had a good PS just not enough room for him. Tyrie Cleveland was hurt but made it based off special teams play and Hinton also had a great PS and started off on the practice squad only to be activated early on. Brandon Johnson all but won a roster spot then had a high ankle sprain in the last PS game and had to wait it out for 6 weeks before we could bring him back. Johnson appears to be nearly a lock to make it this year. Virgil seems to not be having the same type of camp he had last year but lets not forget he really took off in the PS to earn his spot last year. I am interested to see what Montrell Washington can show as a WR in these games now that it appears his calling is not going to be as a return man here.

The WR unit was fun to watch last year to see who earned those last few roster spots and I think that is one of the things I am looking forward to again this PS.

I'm disappointed that Washington hasn't seemed to have done anything at all this year yet. I saw him flash some remarkable physical skills last year and looked mentally quick/smart at times when he got a chance to play. The opportunity is there for all of these guys. Time to take advantage of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to stay up with me late at night for this game? I will bring the popcorn and slumber socks.