• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos/Chiefs here we go!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's hit was great and Id like to see the Broncos live on the edge more often as long as it doesn't count them a win. Nothing wrong with more aggression. I like it. That hit was an A+!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver beats the Bills which they do have a solid defense and can play very good ball then you have S.D. vs the Patriots. They could get help either way you look at it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the game, for what they're worth:

The defense was outstanding. Jack del Rio gets a lot of criticism, but you have to give him credit for a fantastic defensive game plan. Very creative with their pass rush. On the TJ Ward sack, the Broncos only brought 4 pass rushers and yet Ward came through virtually unblocked. That's great scheming. Several times the defense stepped up and made huge plays when the Chiefs had a chance to get back in the game. They forced 3 straight 3 and outs to allow the Broncos to build a big lead, they held the Chiefs to a field goal after the Manning fumble, and they picked off a pass that allowed the offense to extend the lead. DeMarcus Ware was everywhere. Von Miller had a great game, too.

The offense was good but not great. Would have liked them to finish with touchdowns instead of so many field goals. I think they really miss JT in the red zone, and Manning was clearly not as sharp as usual (probably due to the wind). They also had touchdown passes go through Tamme's and DT's hands. Turn just one of those field goals into a touchdown and the Chiefs are really never in it.

I expect a very similar game plan against the Bills. We all know Orton's weaknesses: he's a statue and he can't throw deep. I expect the Broncos to load up to stop the run and the short throws, then unleash the pass rush. The Bills pass rush is really scary, so the Broncos should come out and run and run and run to slow it down.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it actually is better for the Broncos if the Chargers win. Assuming the Broncos handle their business and the Chargers win, the Broncos slide into that #1 seed and still have the game lead on the Chargers. Plus they get another shot at the Chargers in a couple weeks. The Broncos remaining schedule looks a little more formidable than the Patriots, so any loss by the Pats benefits the Broncos. Even if it means a Chargers win.

Things are looking up for our #1 seed odds. Rob Gronkowski was seen hanging out with Justin Bieber last night.........:facepalm3:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I heard he had been doing that! How have teams not figured out that this kid brings a curse with whoever hangs out with him? I mean remember how the Steelers hung out with him right before losing to I think Tampa Bay of all teams?!