• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fans for ya. They love his dad. Great player, but we don't need to be doing crazy stuff like that just to get a legends son.

In fairness to the kid, he's a top 10 draft pick all day, with great hands, speed, vision and quickness. Elite talent, that showed up in big games, on the big field, in big ways.

Ed's son or not, his performance and skill set can stand on it's own merit.

For that reason alone, trading up to get him isn't a bad idea.

Saying that, I'd rather trade up for a Foster if we get to top 10, and take a flyer later on Mixon.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver wants Solomon Thomas. Works trade with SF for # 2 pick. Lynch involved.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my prediction for the not yet posted draft prognostication thread - minus the crazy Lynch thought.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you guys seen this info?

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey wouldn't be my favorite... as a pure rb he is more of a 3rd 4th rd talent, his value is really his skills out of the slot. Very Reggie bush like in that way... but from my perspective, someone like TJ Logan gives you similar value at a much later pick.

Not sure where all the trading Lynch mentions are coming from but not first time I've seen that, is it just because that one guy put out a proposed trade with azthat involved lynch... don't see any way Elway trades up to get him last year then immediately trades him the next year.

I will say I'm intrigued by trading up because there is so much desperation on the part of teams to move down and get more picks in this deep draft. But, really just a Jamal Adams or foster... someone to really elevate the D. But I think the most prudent course would be to trade back if those teams in early 2nd rd really want to jump back up secure a qb and that 5th yr option that comes in the 1st rd. Otherwise I would really like Davis at 20.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes there at 20 fine. Hell, if he falls to 16 and we want to give up our 1 and conditional 3rd... i guess so... but jesus giving up 1 2 and 3 for him? GTFOH lol

I would stay at 20 if he was there I might but hell to the no don't give up any thing . My guess he will be there at #20 and we will draft someone else

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping our 1st for their 2nd (at #33) would be more realistic.

How about Joe Mixon at #33. I think Green Bay is the slot for mixon

McCaffrey wouldn't be my favorite... as a pure rb he is more of a 3rd 4th rd talent, his value is really his skills out of the slot. Very Reggie bush like in that way... but from my perspective, someone like TJ Logan gives you similar value at a much later pick.

Not sure where all the trading Lynch mentions are coming from but not first time I've seen that, is it just because that one guy put out a proposed trade with azthat involved lynch... don't see any way Elway trades up to get him last year then immediately trades him the next year.

I will say I'm intrigued by trading up because there is so much desperation on the part of teams to move down and get more picks in this deep draft. But, really just a Jamal Adams or foster... someone to really elevate the D. But I think the most prudent course would be to trade back if those teams in early 2nd rd really want to jump back up secure a qb and that 5th yr option that comes in the 1st rd. Otherwise I would really like Davis at 20.

intersting tidbit
Belicheck left the owners meetings early to attend Florida pro day and specifically watch Davis
Speculation is New England will trade butler now and get back #32
Davis is a first round top of 2nd round player

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis goes anywhere from 18 on. Hell, I've read his stock has risen to be the 2nd LB taken.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather draft a playmaker or stud defender at #20 and then use one of our 3rds to move back up in the 2nd to grab an OT. Odds are any OT drafted will sit and learn the first year .Sambrillo might have been a good player but his shoulder injuries have not allowed him on the field or more importantly in the weight room.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't every team want Solomon Thomas? How about we trade our #20 this year, 1st next year, and Siemian. We already know the 49ers were interested in Siemian and trading for him so makes a lot of sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good draft. Don't think Elway will give up draft pick/pks to move up for any of top tackle guys and not so sure he's even set on one at 20. I think it's possible he's concerned with Parradis and center spot more than some may think. I believe if Lamp, a guy who has experience at tackle,center and guard would be very attempting for Elway or.... since it is a fairly deep interior line class, he goes for a playmaker on offense at 20 and addresses O line in rd 2-7. If Lamp is gone and Reddick is there, I think he might be in play. If by 20, the coveted/hopeful guys are gone, I can see Denver making trade down or out of rd1 to be able take advantage of some very good talent at interior/tackle exp linemen, rb/wr, ILb and interior D ( positions of need ) at least in rds 2-4. Think they will take a qb in 6-7 also. Will throw my " expert " mock for Denver when someone starts the new "your 2017 Bronco picks " thread :)

I love Forrest Lamp but I do think most teams are viewing him as an IOL rather than an OT. We need a LT much more than we need an interior guy at this point. And Cam to me fits the type of offensive style we are wanting with go and knock somebody in the mouth and make them fear lining up against our OL. Anybody remember those 3rd and 1 plays this past year? Well you add Leary and Robinson to that left side and I don't think we have to worry about that play again.

I do agree they are probably a little concerned about Parradis for multiple reasons. Injury is one but also system fit. So yes I do expect them to take an interior guy at some point but probably mid to late rounds is more likely.

I guess to me with my mock so far (I"ve drafted a few players since that I'll post at the end) I've been able to get some good value at positions of need. LT, ILB, TE, Slot WR/returner to me are our biggest positions of need.

LT--Robinson
ILB--Jarrad Davis
DE/DL depth--Dalvin Tomlinson
Slot WR/returner--Carlos Henderson
TE--Jonnu Smith

Good chance every single player I have drafted so far will see the field barring injuries. Good chance 3 of them are starters.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chidobe Awuzie is on the rise. Perfect place #20 for a team to trade up and they could move back.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't every team want Solomon Thomas? How about we trade our #20 this year, 1st next year, and Siemian. We already know the 49ers were interested in Siemian and trading for him so makes a lot of sense.
That scenario would be fine but everything I've been hearing, the players and staff think Trevor has earned the respect and confidence so far and Lynch has been just the opposite. That's why I think if there is a trade, Lynch is the one on the menu. Heard Arizona is interested in Lynch also. Denver has a good chance to unload Lynch now and still get decent compensation. If they wait till they have no choice, then once the rest of league gets a look at him, his value will really plummet.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That scenario would be fine but everything I've been hearing, the players and staff think Trevor has earned the respect and confidence so far and Lynch has been just the opposite. That's why I think if there is a trade, Lynch is the one on the menu. Heard Arizona is interested in Lynch also. Denver has a good chance to unload Lynch now and still get decent compensation. If they wait till they have no choice, then once the rest of league gets a look at him, his value will really plummet.

Based on which game? The one's he's played he actually looks pretty good. Especially for a guy that was considered raw and two years away from starting.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AZ rumor is only from this

Barnwell's 2017 All-Trades Mock Draft: Deals for all 32 teams

I live here and the people who are really the mouthpieces for the org are prepping fans that they will be taking Foster, Reddick or Conley in that order. Everybody in national media thinks they are after a qb in rd 1, but these mouthpieces have repeatedly stated qb not happening at 13... could be them getting used but I doubt it... they did confirm they were very interested in lynch last year.

The reality though folks is that Trevor is at best your grbac Gus frerotte type... that's not an insult .... you can win the odd sb with him I believe but it requires an awful lot to go right.... still I like him a lot. But Lynch has elite potential, and you don't walk from that after 1yr... not for Siemian. Now if they have fallen in love with Watson or something that could be some kind of incredible swap. But it'd probably be one of the others... Watson I really like but his build is the only that worries me.... scared he becomes KCs Donovan mcnabb

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on which game? The one's he's played he actually looks pretty good. Especially for a guy that was considered raw and two years away from starting.
based on what the talking heads say. Because they're always right....:eek:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you might want to update what you are hearing. Lynch is now beating Siemian into the building every single day for practice/film room time. Players and coaches have noticed a much different attitude and commitment from Lynch.

And I'm sorry but when you trade up in the 1st for a QB they are not usually on the market the very next season. Not sure I have ever heard of that happening. A team would have to come with a ridiculous offer to make that happen. Now we do know though that teams have called about the availability of Siemian and the Broncos had plans of trading him if they got Romo. Teams were offering around a 5th round pick for him and the Broncos were ready to pull the trigger. They also had an offer from the Jets to swap Siemian for Richardson straight up. Probably the best offer they got.

And it is so funny that you get after me for not loving everything that Siemian does yet you use words like "unload" when it comes to Lynch. Can't sit here and get after me for a respect issue then turn around and be so disrespectful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

based on what the talking heads say. Because they're always right....:eek:

I really wish Randymon would let us know what talking heads he is listening to because I listen to probably more Bronco information than most out there and I'm hearing nothing even remotely resembling the Broncos looking to trade Lynch or wanting to trade Lynch. They from everything I have heard have been very impressed with him all offseason with his work and then his attitude coming into practice this past week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chidobe Awuzie is on the rise. Perfect place #20 for a team to trade up and they could move back.

You know I love Awuzie from the draft thread we had going all year.

Probably tired of me saying it but reminds me so much of Antoine Winfield who had a great NFL career.

Awuzie is my personal fav DB in this years draft... Love him and Quincy Wilson. Not saying I would take them over the top guys like Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, but just love their game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I love Awuzie from the draft thread we had going all year.

Probably tired of me saying it but reminds me so much of Antoine Winfield who had a great NFL career.

Awuzie is my personal fav DB in this years draft... Love him and Quincy Wilson. Not saying I would take them over the top guys like Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, but just love their game.

Dind't Awuzie get a draft invite to actually attend? Don't usually get that unless going in the 1st round.