• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why I asked. Not like it is tops secret.. I just thought it would be fun to ask before telling. ;)

Nixon actually had several offers last year to move up to other teams active rosters. Instead Denver bumped up his pay and Nixon turned down the offers to stay with Denver. Which makes sense as they sorta rewarded him late in the year by activating him to the active roster for the SB. In other words they didn't have the roster room for him but REALLY wanted to keep him around. I think they have a good plan for this guy! I also give Nixon a lot of respect for that. I wouldn't have blamed him one bit for going to another teams active roster when he had the chance.. Matter of fact, I might call him crazy for not doing it. ;), but sometimes patience is the key to success.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why I asked. Not like it is tops secret.. I just thought it would be fun to ask before telling. ;)

Nixon actually had several offers last year to move up to other teams active rosters. Instead Denver bumped up his pay and Nixon turned down the offers to stay with Denver. Which makes sense as they sorta rewarded him late in the year by activating him to the active roster for the SB. In other words they didn't have the roster room for him but REALLY wanted to keep him around. I think they have a good plan for this guy! I also give Nixon a lot of respect for that. I wouldn't have blamed him one bit for going to another teams active roster when he had the chance.. Matter of fact, I might call him crazy for not doing it. ;), but sometimes patience is the key to success.

Thanks for sharing this. I hear about this every once in a while especially with winning organizations that a player realizes that maybe their best chance long-term to showcase their skills to the NFL is by being on one of the best units. I really hope even more now that they figure out a way to keep this kid. I know they are actually trying him out on kick off return because his speed is off the charts. Maybe he can become the next Omar Bolden for this team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Nixon on KR, Addison as PR, but aint my call. :)

But adding KR to his resume like we did with Bolden who had never returned kicks before is kinda neat to see IMO.

I always like when a reserve DB becomes a teams KR. seemed like it use to happen a lot when I was a youngster, now it's rare, it's always a WR or RB.

I remember how excited I use to get to watch Alton Montgomery return kicks as a kid.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Omar Bolden this was nearly two weeks ago and I am sure it was brought up here. I just wasn't on this forum much two weeks ago, but the Bears cut him. It's gotta be his health. He wanted to re-sign here and we offered him less then the Bears gave him which wasn't much. I hope he isn't done. Maybe he can get healthy and sign again during the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Omar Bolden this was nearly two weeks ago and I am sure it was brought up here. I just wasn't on this forum much two weeks ago, but the Bears cut him. It's gotta be his health. He wanted to re-sign here and we offered him less then the Bears gave him which wasn't much. I hope he isn't done. Maybe he can get healthy and sign again during the season.

Yeah that was a weird situation with Bolden. If we have a couple of injuries I would love to see him back with the Broncos. Knows the system, is a hard worker, and an incredible locker room presence from what I understand. Something must be going on beyond what has been released to the public. Don't usually cut a guy right before training camp starts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top CB prospect Jalen Tabor. Has legally changed his first name to Teez.

Teez Tabor

Apparently that is the name all his friends call him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chidobe Awuzie is a guy to keep an eye on from CU.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the draft this year, but I am interested to see how Juwann Winfree does in Colorado. 4 star coming out. Maryland transfer. Good talent, was suspended twice at Maryland.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the draft this year, but I am interested to see how Juwann Winfree does in Colorado. 4 star coming out. Maryland transfer. Good talent, was suspended twice at Maryland.
I hope he does great! :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting size, speed and hands for Winfree. He might be a very good red zone target. The Buffs have a senior QB - an Oline with plenty of starts between them - and a very deep WR core. They were 3rd in the pac 12 in offensive plays runs last year and they have sped up the offense over last year. Jim Leavitt is a great DC (head coach in waiting?).

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting size, speed and hands for Winfree. He might be a very good red zone target. The Buffs have a senior QB - an Oline with plenty of starts between them - and a very deep WR core. They were 3rd in the pac 12 in offensive plays runs last year and they have sped up the offense over last year. Jim Leavitt is a great DC (head coach in waiting?).

I agree with you. I just wish I could trust Sefo alot more senior or not. I do like the staff in place now we just need more wins.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sefo is the Sefo of last year Colorado is in for a long season. If Sefo is the QB of his SOPH season you could have an ok season.

It would appear the staff is pretty down on him after at one point having Davis Webb on campus before he left for California. Webb is even a turnover machine.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sefo is the Sefo of last year Colorado is in for a long season. If Sefo is the QB of his SOPH season you could have an ok season.

It would appear the staff is pretty down on him after at one point having Davis Webb on campus before he left for California. Webb is even a turnover machine.

I think Webb left because Sefo has solid and loyal support from the teammates and he recovered faster than previously thought.

Sefo - without injury - will have his best season - no doubt - better Oline - better RBs. and better receivers. Now - a veteran team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Webb left because Sefo has solid and loyal support from the teammates and he recovered faster than previously thought.

Sefo - without injury - will have his best season - no doubt - better Oline - better RBs. and better receivers. Now - a veteran team.

I hope so

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think so. Cal was a better place with more weapons. Cal didn't go after Webb until after the missed out on another graduate transfer QB.

Neither team has a defense, both teams he was going to pass a ton.

Cal didn't offer him until right before he was going to sign on the dotted line with Colorado. He just saw it as a better opportunity, and honestly, I know this. :) Unless I was lied to or misinformed of course.

I'm not sure he has better supporting cast either. The RB's I suppose they could improve but I don't see much there to be honest, but they will be passing a ton.

The WR's improved? I mean I like Winfree who is new to the team, but they lose Nelson Spruce who as a JR had one of the best pac 12 season single collegiate seasons. Shay Fields is pretty decent. He will be even better with a healthier Sefo. I do agree Sefo will have a better SR year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW- If we draft a CB high depends on Doss this year, IMO

Can he cover the slot is the big question.

If he can

Then this could be possible.

Let Talib go (sadly), use his money to lock up Roby
Let Kayvon go (sadly as I think some team is gonna end up giving him a shot to start, someone like Oakland)
Slip Doss into the slot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Cal was a better place with more weapons. Cal didn't go after Webb until after the missed out on another graduate transfer QB.

Neither team has a defense, both teams he was going to pass a ton.

Cal didn't offer him until right before he was going to sign on the dotted line with Colorado. He just saw it as a better opportunity, and honestly, I know this. :) Unless I was lied to or misinformed of course.

I'm not sure he has better supporting cast either. The RB's I suppose they could improve but I don't see much there to be honest, but they will be passing a ton.

The WR's improved? I mean I like Winfree who is new to the team, but they lose Nelson Spruce who as a JR had one of the best pac 12 season single collegiate seasons. Shay Fields is pretty decent. He will be even better with a healthier Sefo. I do agree Sefo will have a better SR year.

Webb signed with Cal as you said -but it was because they had to wait and see what the University of California was going to accept from TTech. The delay was due entirely to his qualifying for the grad program that he needed to enroll in - the decision obviously was made earlier - dependent upon his acceptance at Cal.

The Buffs - a bunch of receivers on the roster Devin Ross is ripping it up in practice and is expected to be a major contributor. Over all - Spruce was sure of hands but slow - the Buffs have some speed guys and two tall fast TES who can catch the ball. The Buffs were going to speed up the offense to be just like what he played at TTech. Cal's offense is nice for his talents too, but it is not the same offense.

The Buff's DC Leavitt has a long track record of improving defenses to top rated. Last year after arriving in the spring - there were significant improvements in his first defense - most of the starters are back and now used to the defense they play. There will be improvement in the Defense - of that I have no doubt.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Doss killing it, I think I may be backing off the "draft a cb round 1" argument. TE or T are up on my list atm

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW- If we draft a CB high depends on Doss this year, IMO

Can he cover the slot is the big question.

If he can

Then this could be possible.

Let Talib go (sadly), use his money to lock up Roby
Let Kayvon go (sadly as I think some team is gonna end up giving him a shot to start, someone like Oakland)
Slip Doss into the slot.

Doss can play on the outside, just put CHJ in the slot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doss can play on the outside, just put CHJ in the slot.

We have to determine that this year. He looks good in PS, but he has to show it in a game before we get too comfortable. Early to tell, but so far so good. Let's keep it up! I am all for drafting DB's as you know. ;) but I am all for not if it means we are looking good. :)