• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly very excited by this thread. I don't watch a ton of college football. My wife always tells me it is either college football or the NFL but not both as enough days in our household are devoted to football. For me I usually wait until the season is done to start watching games as Draftbreakdown has been an incredible idea for a site that you can watch an entire game on a player in under 15 minutes. Still it would be nice to go ahead and start looking at some of these guys instead of waiting until February to start trying to watch as many as I can.

Right now not sure what to expect for the Broncos. If Okung has a great year and stays healthy I can see them picking up his option. Even after this year his contract still isn't terrible and we do have the cap space to handle his contract. Throw in rookie LT's don't usually do that well.

Corner is definitely a position I could see the Broncos go after. Elway has shown that he believes secondary is one of the most important things to keep stocked with lots of talent.

Edge rusher it all depends on the depth of the position. Those type of players don't usually make it out of the top-15. So unless we have a really down year I struggle to see us being able to get a top level pass rusher. I think it also depends a bit on the growth of Shane Ray this year. If he can show he can be a franchise pass rusher opposite of Von Miller then I could see us waiting on this position for the middle rounds for a guy with huge upside but a guy who is very raw.

The other position I could see us going after is the NT position again. Sly might be leaving in FA so the depth of that position could definitely need a good rotational/starter. Throw in with the downgrade of the NT position you can find quality guys still at the end of Round 1 like we saw this year with some of the picks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice commentary by CD.

Obviously - the Broncos will go for the best player available - weighted ever so slightly by position of need. I do expect CB will be high on the needs list - as Elway thinks like a QB - what he found hardest to overcome as a QB was a great pass rush and great pass coverage. What he likes in an offense - is a reliable run game and a QB who can make plays downfield.

I agree - If Okung proves himself - his ready made deal for year two is a great LT salary price. If not - I can see the Broncos prioritizing the LT position in FA or the draft.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year looks to be a great TE class too. And we need TE

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Question is do we one TE or two ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SS ..

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Talib's latest bone headed event, I can certainly see CB moving up as a targeted position. I know it's early to project, but do u want to expand your list @Draft Crazy?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round possibilities.

Going from my previous post in this thread and taking out the S's.

DBs
Jalen Taber, Florida
Jourdan Lewis, Michigan
Jabril Peppers, Michigan (CB, S, LB)
Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
Desmond King, Iowa (Might play some WR this year)
Tre'Davious White, LSU
Adoree Jackson, USC (Also plays some WR and great returner)
Cordera Tankserly, Clemson
Demontae Kazee, San Diego State
Tony Conner, CB/S, Miss

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft prospect- Auburn- RB Jovon Robinson dismissed from Auburn. A top JUCO two years ago Robinson failed to get on the field much until late last year and was going to be relied heavily on this year as a starter. Bad news for him as he was expected to have a nice year this year and be a legit prospect. Now he has red flags and will have to finish at a small school.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My RD 1 positions today are (In order)

1. CB
2. S
3. OL
4. DT
5. Pass Rusher

RD 2

1. TE
2. WR
3. OL

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No faith in Justin Simmons?

CB will be a need if we lock up Roby with Talib's money for sure. We will need to find that next Roby to be the new Roby to the new Talib. ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CB will be a need if we lock up Roby with Talib's money for sure. We will need to find that next Roby to be the new Roby to the new Talib. ;)

I'm excited about him just made a list that will change as time goes on. I'm not sure if Denver will keep Talib Ward past this year with Lynch starting learning in his development years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be really surprised if both Ward and Stewart are gone next year. Stewart could be with his contract being up. I think Ward's contract is pretty friendly? Or maybe it isn't after the 3rd year? I'm not sure. I love Darian Stewart he was a HUGE X factor and difference maker at S for us last year. We were clearly a better team when he was in the lineup then when he missed a game or two near the end of the year. My gut feeling was that we drafted Simmons to groom him thinking Stewart may get a nice contract elsewhere next year. Stewart will never get that HUGE contract because he is banged up a lot, but he could get a pretty penny if he plays hte same way he did last year and stays healthy. I would personally love both back and Simmons could get a 2nd year of experience then start, but I am feeling pretty good at S. If one of Ward or Stewart are gone we no doubt need a depth S. If we take a S round 1, it probably means we let Stewart walk (not without trying) but.... and then our plan is to let Ward go the following year. So it is possible. But right now I wanna think positive. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With how much good I keep hearing about Doss they might not view Corner as that big of a need next year. I also know they like Nixon and what he is showing and are working hard to try and find him a spot on this roster. Don't think they do without some injuries but still just shows they like the youth they have at the position.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be possible but depressing if CB and S are major needs next year. I don't think both will be, but I do think we will use Talib's money to pay Roby next year as he is younger and needs to be signed long term. It's lovely having 3 great CB's but money becomes a factor eventually and sooner or later Roby has to start and get paid, and well he is the younger and less troubled guy.

I just ask that we all enjoy what we have right now. 2 great S's and 2 great CB's... It doesn't happen often. Enjoy it while it is here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know they love the Simmons kid. Probably of all the rookies he has picked up the playbook the fastest and will get probably 50-60% of the snaps on the defense this year because we play so much nickel. I do agree that safety most likely still is a bit of a need just probably not a 1st round type need unless somebody falls to us.

I would say DL continues to be a need. There is a chance we lose Sly, Taylor, Walker, and Anunike next year. I know we drafted a couple of guys we really like but that is still a lot of possible depth gone from what has been a good strength of this team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much good I keep hearing about Doss they might not view Corner as that big of a need next year. I also know they like Nixon and what he is showing and are working hard to try and find him a spot on this roster. Don't think they do without some injuries but still just shows they like the youth they have at the position.

Doss is interesting to me. Last year there were times when I asked myself with him being a CB why isn't he just on the PS since he isn't playing much on special teams the few games he is active. There was obviously something we saw on this kid to let him remain on the roster and being mostly one of the 7 inactive players each week. He obviously wasn't ready as we really didn't need him as a CB last year. Anytime a reserve CB isn't playing much on speical teams ( I know he did play some but he wasnt active much) it tells me we see something we like enough to stick with him and let him learn a year. I knew coming out Doss was a CB I liked but didn't love which typically seems to be the kind of CB's we always draft in rd 4-7. I am looking forward to seeing how he and Nixon do well next year.

I found out something (good) about Nixon if you all want me to share it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doss is interesting to me. Last year there were times when I asked myself with him being a CB why isn't he just on the PS since he isn't playing much on special teams the few games he is active. There was obviously something we saw on this kid to let him remain on the roster and being mostly one of the 7 inactive players each week. He obviously wasn't ready as we really didn't need him as a CB last year. Anytime a reserve CB isn't playing much on speical teams ( I know he did play some but he wasnt active much) it tells me we see something we like enough to stick with him and let him learn a year. I knew coming out Doss was a CB I liked but didn't love which typically seems to be the kind of CB's we always draft in rd 4-7. I am looking forward to seeing how he and Nixon do well next year.

I found out something (good) about Nixon if you all want me to share it.

Well of course we would love for you to share it...I think I am ok with speaking for the group!