• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Osweiler Signs with Texans

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Denver has one of the best defenses since the 85 Bears and that great Ravens defense in whatever year it was. Don't commit turnovers, throw the ball away when you have to and you've got a good chance to repeat.
That sounds good but not much evidence to back it up. How many of those great D's repeated?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds good but not much evidence to back it up. How many of those great D's repeated?

I think he's just considering their post-season run. No doubt 85 bears and 2000 ravens reg season D's were much better (I'd argue post-season too). But in the post-season Denver faced 3 of the top 4 offenses from the season and played really really well.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's just considering their post-season run. No doubt 85 bears and 2000 ravens reg season D's were much better (I'd argue post-season too). But in the post-season Denver faced 3 of the top 4 offenses from the season and played really really well.
That is the point, Denver D had a great PO run. Heck several teams have done that to win a SB, without having a great reg season D ... Colts, Giants, there must be others.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get why Brock is leaving. makes no sense.

Money and the Broncos chose Manning who led the NFL in interceptions and was washed up 2 seasons ago over Brock at the end of the year. I can't blame the guy. Obviously he is an upgrade over what the Texans had but that's a lot of money. Interesting to see if he can back it up.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money and the Broncos chose Manning who led the NFL in interceptions and was washed up 2 seasons ago over Brock at the end of the year. I can't blame the guy. Obviously he is an upgrade over what the Texans had but that's a lot of money. Interesting to see if he can back it up.
Agree, that is a huge gap. No way the Broncos, or perhaps any other team, were going to offer BO anything close to 70 mill. He got a great deal, hope he works for the TExans.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right because choosing a proven winner over an unknown player worked out so badly for Denver in the end. Look I hated Manning just as much as the next guy when he was killing Denver but the fact is when Denver needed someone to win them a game they chose Manning over Brock and his missing reads left and right and turnovers.

Manning may not have had the same skill level he had 2 years ago but Denver doesn't even win the division if they leave Brock in at QB against SD let alone the SB. And if Brock is so blindsided by his own ego that he thinks that just because he was 5-2 means he's above being benched for poor play then I'm glad his ass is gone.

Also who cares if Manning led the league in interceptions before he was benched, the fact you're ignoring is that he only threw 1 in his final 4 games. I'll take that kind of play from him anyday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got loyalty to teams not players so Brock can be happy losing the division to Andrew Luck every year.

Last edited:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right because choosing a proven winner over an unknown player worked out so badly for Denver in the end. Look I hated Manning just as much as the next guy when he was killing Denver but the fact is when Denver needed someone to win them a game they chose Manning over Brock and his missing reads left and right and turnovers.

Manning may not have had the same skill level he had 2 years ago but Denver doesn't even win the division if they leave Brock in at QB against SD let alone the SB. And if Brock is so blindsided by his own ego that he thinks that just because he was 5-2 means he's above being benched for poor play then I'm glad his ass is gone.

Also who cares if Manning led the league in interceptions before he was benched, the fact you're ignoring is that he only threw 1 in his final 4 games. I'll take that kind of play from him anyday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've got loyalty to teams not players so Brock can be happy losing the division to Andrew Luck every year.

Sorry but bandwagon fans like yourself who said will never be back on the Broncos message board because you are a coward should have no say. Find another team to bandwagon to or are you going to cry again? How many fumbles did Manning have as well. Way to ignore that. Wasn't Brock the QB when they beat the Patriots in the regular season which helped getting homefield advantage? You aren't a true Broncos fan and nothing more then a tool. Ya I forgot it was all Brocks fault in the Chargers game. Had nothing to do with Manning coming in the game as it was the Broncos finally decided to start playing knowing the game wasn't going to be easy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minus one game I think Osw did pretty good when he played. Now that shouldn't have translated into the obscene amount of money he got in the open market but let's not forget who kept the Broncos in games and with home field advantage when Manning was out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the over investment was a large part of it. I don't think Elway was interested in paying Osweiler a lot based on just 7 games.

Brock leaving is not what I would like but I would rather not overpay for someone either.

You're not really going to overpay RG3 or Kaep...either will get deals substantially less than $37mG.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus one game I think Osw did pretty good when he played. Now that shouldn't have translated into the obscene amount of money he got in the open market but let's not forget who kept the Broncos in games and with home field advantage when Manning was out.

HOU was desperate...no way to sugarcoat it. You just don't hand over $37m on a 7 game sample.

Good for Brock...he got his ring, and got paid...now he gets to struggle in weaker DIV.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers asking for 2nd rd pick for kap

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was extremely inconsistent. He looked great in the first half against the Steelers, then when they adjusted their d in the second half he was awful. Moved the ball great between the 20s against the Raiders in the first half, but missed several easy throws that should have been touchdowns that instead left Denver kicking field goals, then played like crap the second half and Denver dropped a game they had no business losing. Looked great bringing Denver back against the Patriots, but was pretty bad while the Patriots were building a 21-7 lead. Played terrible in the first half against the Bengals, then got it going in the second half.

That's pretty much how it went with Brock. He'd make plays that would make you think he was getting it, that he was really going to be good, then he'd stink it up for half the game by holding the ball way too long and struggling to diagnose what the defense was doing. And for a guy who's 6'7" he had WAY too many passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

Maybe he can put it all together and become a good player, but I'm skeptical. To me, he seems like just another guy that looks good at times but isn't consistent enough to be the guy you want.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How are you the same guy that was killing Manning and predicting us to lose to the Steelers, and the Patriots, and the Panthers? For the record though I agree with pretty much all of this.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was extremely inconsistent. He looked great in the first half against the Steelers, then when they adjusted their d in the second half he was awful. Moved the ball great between the 20s against the Raiders in the first half, but missed several easy throws that should have been touchdowns that instead left Denver kicking field goals, then played like crap the second half and Denver dropped a game they had no business losing. Looked great bringing Denver back against the Patriots, but was pretty bad while the Patriots were building a 21-7 lead. Played terrible in the first half against the Bengals, then got it going in the second half.

That's pretty much how it went with Brock. He'd make plays that would make you think he was getting it, that he was really going to be good, then he'd stink it up for half the game by holding the ball way too long and struggling to diagnose what the defense was doing. And for a guy who's 6'7" he had WAY too many passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

Maybe he can put it all together and become a good player, but I'm skeptical. To me, he seems like just another guy that looks good at times but isn't consistent enough to be the guy you want.

Oh i agree... but once you win a Super Bowl you tend to get more money then you really should get. This is exactly what happened in this case

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i agree... but once you win a Super Bowl you tend to get more money then you really should get. This is exactly what happened in this case
No doubt about that. I do think it's funny though that the Texans just paid a guy who statistically had a worse season than the guy they're getting rid of. And a guy who was benched at the end of the season for the qb that led the league in interceptions.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you the same guy that was killing Manning and predicting us to lose to the Steelers, and the Patriots, and the Panthers? For the record though I agree with pretty much all of this.

I called for Manning's head when he was terrible but he proved going back to him was the smart move and even I can't deny that. And I honestly didn't think Denver could shake their last few years of blowing it in the playoffs/SB but I was wrong. I truly didn't believe they could win but they showed me that the last few years of them choking in big games wasn't who they were anymore.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but bandwagon fans like yourself who said will never be back on the Broncos message board because you are a coward should have no say. Find another team to bandwagon to or are you going to cry again? How many fumbles did Manning have as well. Way to ignore that. Wasn't Brock the QB when they beat the Patriots in the regular season which helped getting homefield advantage? You aren't a true Broncos fan and nothing more then a tool. Ya I forgot it was all Brocks fault in the Chargers game. Had nothing to do with Manning coming in the game as it was the Broncos finally decided to start playing knowing the game wasn't going to be easy.

Oh ya not being on the Broncos board I forgot that you're a giant baby, well if you'd like to continue this conversation have fun talking to yourself because that's what you'll be doing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. I do think it's funny though that the Texans just paid a guy who statistically had a worse season than the guy they're getting rid of. And a guy who was benched at the end of the season for the qb that led the league in interceptions.

Best available option? :noidea:

I honestly don't know what the draft class looks like for QBs this year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU was desperate...no way to sugarcoat it. You just don't hand over $37m on a 7 game sample.

Good for Brock...he got his ring, and got paid...now he gets to struggle in weaker DIV.

as you said....desperate
I'd do 37M for 7 games B4 I'd throw 21M to Chase Daniels

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya not being on the Broncos board I forgot that you're a giant baby, well if you'd like to continue this conversation have fun talking to yourself because that's what you'll be doing.
Duffman took his ball and cried all the way to his mom's house again. I know I wouldn't get a real response from you because you know I'm right. Have fun in your parents basement. Peace.