• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh??? Camps are awesome for both under the radar recruits and the coveted players.

Camps are great for exposure, the coaches get to see the kids in on-field physical activity... the coaches get to evaluate the kids... and the kids get to evaluate the coaches.

Also... camps are great for getting the coveted kids onto a schools field for a real hands-on evaluation (film can only reveal so much).

Again.... what harm.... other than protectionism?

Let's help the kids!

It's a wonder how anyone gets recruited.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to running around topless chasing high school kids as they are being injured and pillow fights while tweeting everything like a teenage girl on Facebook. Yeah urban Meyers has issues if he texts :L
You don't seem to understand this argument....

Sexual innuendo aside, helping kids with the game of football is why these guys exist. Banning them from doing that but allowing digital harassment on every level is absurd.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the unlimited electronic communications... that is a stupid rule.

However, a family can probably put a stop to it by contacting the schools and telling the coaches to stop the e-harrassment or else your school will not be included in our consideration list. The problem is that is going to be a lot of work for the parents (contacting 30, 40, 50+ schools to tell them to please refrain from e-communication).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the plus side: At least people are admitting these things are nothing more than combines, rather than trying to claim it's about teaching kids(as the camps claim to be about).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin wasn't the first to do it. He even said so himself when people voiced complaints.

There are a lot of schools, so I wouldnt be surprised if someone did before him. I had never heard of it prior to Franklin.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to understand this argument....

Sexual innuendo aside, helping kids with the game of football is why these guys exist. Banning them from doing that but allowing digital harassment on every level is absurd.
Based on past practices and his obsession with social media. Harbaugh would be the most likely coach to be guilty of digital harassment

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of schools, so I wouldnt be surprised if someone did before him. I had never heard of it prior to Franklin.

Oklahoma has been doing them in Texas for about 10 years.

They just weren't dumb like Harbaugh in advertising them.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the plus side: At least people are admitting these things are nothing more than combines, rather than trying to claim it's about teaching kids(as the camps claim to be about).

Camps are both..... they don't have to be one or the other.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I know Riley for sure had been doing it for years at Oregon State. There were probably many others.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw: The football camps themselves are not outlawed. The only thing that is outlawed are the coaches being "guests".

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to the Big 12...since the briles / harbaugh love fest is over

Chair of the over-sight committee is Bowlsby. Pac 10 is the most represented conference. Do you really think that the Big 12 wants satellite camps in Texas? Pac 10 wants them in Cali? ACC in NC and FLorida? Its ridiculous to think this is just an SEC thing

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camps are both..... they don't have to be one or the other.

Well, the camps themselves aren't outlawed. The only thing outlawed is for coaches to be guests as a means of promoting the events so the camp holders can make more money and funnel kids to schools to help teach.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on past practices and his obsession with social media. Harbaugh would be the most likely coach to be guilty of digital harassment
Sure, I hate that they allowed this. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a top prospect with 30+ offers. It would be constant for like 2+ years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all the tools that call camps combines must have never went to one.

High School players go to camps to learn and get noticed. Working with a college coach is light years ahead of working with high school coach. And in the rare instance the kid gets noticed it benefits the kid especially guys that play multiple sports and can't get to campuses any significance away from home.

Teams crying about Harbaugh must not realize Michigan has 1 signed guy from the satellite camps last year. A 3 star DB.

But the NCAA is ok with the Nike and Under Armor camps? This is the height of hypocrisy. When you let athletic companies get involved it opens the door to illegal benefits and payoffs while funneling kids to schools that have contracts with those apparel companies....IE AAU.

The loudest criers were the SEC and ACC who didn't want satellite camps because it took time away from the off season. Worrying about unfair competitive advantage is BS. If you were afraid of unfair competitive advantage just open it up for your coaches and nobody has a complaint.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all the tools that call camps combines must have never went to one.

High School players go to camps to learn and get noticed. Working with a college coach is light years ahead of working with high school coach. And in the rare instance the kid gets noticed it benefits the kid especially guys that play multiple sports and can't get to campuses any significance away from home.

Teams crying about Harbaugh must not realize Michigan has 1 signed guy from the satellite camps last year. A 3 star DB.

But the NCAA is ok with the Nike and Under Armor camps? This is the height of hypocrisy. When you let athletic companies get involved it opens the door to illegal benefits and payoffs while funneling kids to schools that have contracts with those apparel companies....IE AAU.

The loudest criers were the SEC and ACC who didn't want satellite camps because it took time away from the off season. Worrying about unfair competitive advantage is BS. If you were afraid of unfair competitive advantage just open it up for your coaches and nobody has a complaint.

Fact: They banned the practice like 10 years ago and this was just a loophole.

Fact2: The camps aren't outlawed.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the camps themselves aren't outlawed. The only thing outlawed is for coaches to be guests as a means of promoting the events so the camp holders can make more money and funnel kids to schools to help teach.

Which is great..... but again.... as long as kids can be helped out with travel expenses only, then I'm all for it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I hate that they allowed this. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a top prospect with 30+ offers. It would be constant for like 2+ years.
But you brought up Urban Meyer. With the full knowledge that Harbaugh would be the most likely to abuse this rule.