• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had joined in and others were going to as well. Wasn't just Michigan. Any team that didn't live in a talent rich state would be dumb not to have tried a camp in another state. It's really quite an absurd rule and the only people against it, were those in a talent rich state who felt threatened.

Cry more. Your coach traded in media attention for the camps.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it funny that on the same day the NCAA just did this:

Just what parents and recruits wanted! No, Harbaugh can't come to a camp near you to help you practice -- but now Urban can text your phone, send you snapchats and pester you at all hours of the night 365 days a year! Woohoo NCAA!

Complains about urban texting. Praises a grown man sleeping over a high school kids house :L

Reactions: 006

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp is a group activity which is very different from an official visit... please don't try to say they are the same thing!

And as for official visits.....I mentioned a few posts above that kids need to be allowed to do official visits prior to the start of Senior classes so that these kids can attend these far away campuses as soon as their Junior year ends in June.

Well I got 1 guy telling me camps are good for exposure, and another guy telling me camps are good for existing known players for some other reason.

Confusing as fuck trying to argue with both you.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All would have probably been peachy though, had Harbaugh not had to try to wag his dick in the face of the SEC. Coaches were running satellite camps long before him and nobody made a peep. He had to go over the top and make it a huge deal, and now no one gets to do it.

There was complaints when Franklin was the first to do it. Rules have been in place to ban this type of activity for a very long time. People discovered a loophole and ran with it, to make it worse some flaunted their actions. It really shouldnt be a surprise the NCAA shut it down. If you want to run the camps, go out and petition to change the regulations.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had joined in and others were going to as well. Wasn't just Michigan. Any team that didn't live in a talent rich state would be dumb not to have tried a camp in another state. It's really quite an absurd rule and the only people against it, were those in a talent rich state who felt threatened.

As an ND fan, I was against it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry more. Your coach traded in media attention for the camps.
Either way, this works well for us. We got all the attention, more articles will be written about Michigan and Harbaugh this week and we get more national coverage. And the NCAA continues to try and regulate something impossible and there will be another loophole to exploit. Harbaugh has had an entire year to prepare for this, I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. He also gets to tell recruits the crybabies in the SEC were scared and that's why it was shut down.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complains about urban texting. Praises a grown man sleeping over a high school kids house :L
It was an example of the constant harassment recruits are now exposed to without a rule in place to prevent it. Put Harbaugh's name in there. It doesn't matter. But how dare they teach some kids some stuff about football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, this works well for us. We got all the attention, more articles will be written about Michigan and Harbaugh this week and we get more national coverage. And the NCAA continues to try and regulate something impossible and there will be another loophole to exploit. Harbaugh has had an entire year to prepare for this, I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. He also gets to tell recruits the crybabies in the SEC were scared and that's why it was shut down.

So you got that going for you. If that doesn't line up the 5 stars, nothing will.

giphy.gif

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In summary, it seems like the NCAA sent a message to the Big 10.

Go fuck yourself

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the NCAA passes another pointless rule. I can't wait to see how Harbaugh counters it.
Instead of a "camp" it will be a big sleepover under the stars, at the local stadium. They'll have movies and all the popcorn you can eat.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an example of the constant harassment recruits are now exposed to without a rule in place to prevent it. Put Harbaugh's name in there. It doesn't matter. But how dare they teach some kids some stuff about football.
As opposed to running around topless chasing high school kids as they are being injured and pillow fights while tweeting everything like a teenage girl on Facebook. Yeah urban Meyers has issues if he texts :L

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All would have probably been peachy though, had Harbaugh not had to try to wag his dick in the face of the SEC. Coaches were running satellite camps long before him and nobody made a peep. He had to go over the top and make it a huge deal, and now no one gets to do it.

The SEC wagged their collective dick in everyone's face for a decade. A little teabag action for them won't kill them. Also was it Harbaugh that made it a big deal or the people whining about it? Remember Harbaugh wasn't the first to do this. Blaming him is giving the media and everyone involved in the fight against them a pass.

Anyway, this was expected. It would be a lot more work for the NCAA to let this continue. I also tend to fall on the side of fair and equal and not all programs were aloud to do this and moreso, a lot of programs wouldn't benefit from doing this the way a Michigan would. So if you want to have a camp, have it on your campus. Oh well!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players had to pay to be a part of it usually.

It was basically paying to go to a combine.
Kids who would not be seen by anyone get noticed. Even if they don't end up at Xichigan (they won't) an offer from them raises the player's status/rating and smaller schools (MAC/AAC, MW, etc) see them and otherwise would not have.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was complaints when Franklin was the first to do it. Rules have been in place to ban this type of activity for a very long time. People discovered a loophole and ran with it, to make it worse some flaunted their actions. It really shouldnt be a surprise the NCAA shut it down. If you want to run the camps, go out and petition to change the regulations.
Franklin wasn't the first to do it. He even said so himself when people voiced complaints.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I got 1 guy telling me camps are good for exposure, and another guy telling me camps are good for existing known players for some other reason.

Confusing as fuck trying to argue with both you.

Huh??? Camps are awesome for both under the radar recruits and the coveted players.

Camps are great for exposure, the coaches get to see the kids in on-field physical activity... the coaches get to evaluate the kids... and the kids get to evaluate the coaches.

Also... camps are great for getting the coveted kids onto a schools field for a real hands-on evaluation (film can only reveal so much).

Again.... what harm.... other than protectionism?

Let's help the kids!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids who would not be seen by anyone get noticed. Even if they don't end up at Xichigan (they won't) an offer from them raises the player's status/rating and smaller schools (MAC/AAC, MW, etc) see them and otherwise would not have.

Then why did they rule out schools doing their own camps to start with?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the over under on how long it takes harbaugh to start grey shirting high school coaches on his staff to make room on his staff for new recruits?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can still practice out of state.