• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as the rule itself, i don't really care.

the next rule they need to change which is what some of you are saying is that they should just change the Official Visit Rules. Say a kid could take his Official Visit to a school to coincide with their camp.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban fluffer!

Oh the bullshit comment stings.

Funny the ruling stated no coaches can be employed at these camps but did not rule may not participate. Otherwise the Sound Mind and Body camps that raise funds for charity stop.

Face it a few bitchy SEC coaches do not want to work that hard is making high school athletes the looser.

Umm, you might want to check out who is actually on this committee.

And :lol: @ people thinking they can just go around the rule again. Please do it, pretty please!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure UAB's gonna have to shut down their program because of those two players Harbaugh got...oh wait :doh:

On the other hand, from your article:

I believe you missed the point of the article - the camps didn't hurt Alabama or Auburn.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you missed the point of the article - the camps didn't hurt Alabama or Auburn.
I know it didn't. The point of the article is that it hurts UAB, USA, etc. I am saying I don't think Michigan taking 2 kids total really hurts those schools either. They will still get the leftovers from Alabama and Auburn who want to stay near home. It does make a good point about it being a benefit for the student athlete, though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it didn't. The point of the article is that it hurts UAB, USA, etc. I am saying I don't think Michigan taking 2 kids total really hurts those schools either. They will still get the leftovers from Alabama and Auburn who want to stay near home. It does make a good point about it being a benefit for the student athlete, though.

The point of the article is that while everyone wants to believe it's hurting Alabama and Auburn, the reality is that it doesn't hurt them, it hurts the smaller schools.

PS: It's funny how just 1 or 2 kids doesn't matter now, but the 1 or 2 kids mattered a whole bunch when it was the other way around.

Biased much?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the MWC and Sun Belt teams benefit from being able to be a guest at P5 camps, so they voted against their own self-interest.

So they think all college football schools vote on this?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the article is that while everyone wants to believe it's hurting Alabama and Auburn, the reality is that it doesn't hurt them, it hurts the smaller schools.

PS: It's funny how just 1 or 2 kids doesn't matter now, but the 1 or 2 kids mattered a whole bunch when it was the other way around.

Biased much?
I don't give a crap if Nebraska is able to do it...like you say, it's 1-2 kids. We've gotten 1. I think that the benefits for the student athletes outweigh the perceived inconvenience of SEC coaches making millions of dollars.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cry more.
Let's see...helps high school kids? Check. Helps smaller schools? Check. Provides marginal benefits to schools not in talent rich areas? Check. I don't see a whole lot of negatives, aside from Saban et al don't like it. Amazing how fast this was taken care of, though. Meanwhile, Drew Ott still doesn't know if he can play another year or not. Because the NCAA is all about the kids.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the leveled the playing field for all schools. Good move if you ask me.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biased much?
If it wasn't hurting Alabama and Auburn, why were SEC coaches so up in arms about it?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't hurting Alabama and Auburn, why were SEC coaches so up in arms about it?

Because the SEC has a rule against them and it created a disadvantage for SEC schools. They petitioned the SEC to change the rule if the NCAA did not rule against the satellite camps as it does give an unfair advantage to other conferences. Thats all the SEC coaches wanted was the ability to do as others were given the opportunity to do. Do you think its right they had an unfair advantage? Now due to Harbaugh they no longer have that advantage at all. Guess its time to be pissed at him huh?

Reactions: 006

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the SEC has a rule against them and it created a disadvantage for SEC schools. They petitioned the SEC to change the rule if the NCAA did not rule against the satellite camps as it does give an unfair advantage to other conferences. Thats all the SEC coaches wanted was the ability to do as others were given the opportunity to do. Do you think its right they had an unfair advantage? Now due to Harbaugh they no longer have that advantage at all. Guess its time to be pissed at him huh?
Forever the B1G has had much tougher rules on oversigning than the SEC, and all the SEC hacks could say was, "Too bad your rule sucks." If a rule needed to be changed, it was the SEC rule, not the NCAA rule.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forever the B1G has had much tougher rules on oversigning than the SEC, and all the SEC hacks could say was, "Too bad your rule sucks." If a rule needed to be changed, it was the SEC rule, not the NCAA rule.

And the NCAA looked at this rule overall and did what was best for all schools. This helps the little schools as well as the big schools. The bullshit rules your conference has on recruits is on your conference. the NCAA limit is 25 for all schools per year and if your conference has rules that do not allow for that to happen, then thats on your conference, much like the SEC was going to modify its rules on satellite camps if the NCAA did not make its ruling favorable for all schools one way or another. Seems like this was about satellite camps and you are now making it about recruiting. Goal post move?

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......It's really quite an absurd rule and the only people against it, were those in a talent rich state who felt threatened.

In other words, the rest of the country OUTSIDE the B1G since the other 4 P5 conferences voted against it!