• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the NCAA looked at this rule overall and did what was best for all schools. This helps the little schools as well as the big schools. The bullshit rules your conference has on recruits is on your conference. the NCAA limit is 25 for all schools per year and if your conference has rules that do not allow for that to happen, then thats on your conference, much like the SEC was going to modify its rules on satellite camps if the NCAA did not make its ruling favorable for all schools one way or another. Seems like this was about satellite camps and you are now making it about recruiting. Goal post move?
Whose rules prevented the SEC coaches from doing this prior to the NCAA shutting it down?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the NCAA looked at this rule overall and did what was best for all schools. This helps the little schools as well as the big schools. The bullshit rules your conference has on recruits is on your conference. the NCAA limit is 25 for all schools per year and if your conference has rules that do not allow for that to happen, then thats on your conference, much like the SEC was going to modify its rules on satellite camps if the NCAA did not make its ruling favorable for all schools one way or another. Seems like this was about satellite camps and you are now making it about recruiting. Goal post move?
How?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, the rest of the country OUTSIDE the B1G since the other 4 P5 conferences voted against it!
Maize is currently occupied upping his data plan on his cell phone for recruiting purposes

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It gives them a chance at recruits that might be overlooked by the bigger schools. It gives teams like UAB and Samford and others recruits they can look at instead of having top schools from around the country come into their territory and possibly steal a player that could help them draw a great name.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we just go over an article that talked about UAB, Troy etc?
That article that said there MIGHT be some impact?
It gives them a chance at recruits that might be overlooked by the bigger schools. It gives teams like UAB and Samford and others recruits they can look at instead of having top schools from around the country come into their territory and possibly steal a player that could help them draw a great name.
Keep in mind, Harbaugh's gotten TWO kids. Nebraska's gotten one. Can't imagine the results are much different for anybody else.

Compare that with the benefit of non-P5 coaches being able to attend P5 camps (where they have consistently been able to evaluate and go after guys the P5 didn't want) and I think the little schools came out behind on this one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article that said there MIGHT be some impact?

Keep in mind, Harbaugh's gotten TWO kids. Nebraska's gotten one. Can't imagine the results are much different for anybody else.

Compare that with the benefit of non-P5 coaches being able to attend P5 camps (where they have consistently been able to evaluate and go after guys the P5 didn't want) and I think the little schools came out behind on this one.

Well, I guess the article is supposed to say for sure they would have went to those schools?

:lol:

It doesn't matter, you can keep on crying over your 1 recruit all you want. It's funny how in 1 case, the "1 recruit" is not such a big deal, but then turn it around and suddenly it means the world.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess the article is supposed to say for sure they would have went to those schools?

It doesn't matter, you can keep on crying over your 1 recruit all you want. It's funny how in 1 case, the "1 recruit" is not such a big deal, but then turn it around and suddenly it means the world.
How many times have I said I don't give a crap if we get any recruits from camps? Our recruiting is going just fine without them. Like I said before, this is more about the recruits. I don't give a crap if Saban doesn't want to have camps. Great for him. The recruits want these camps.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: What a dumb bitch.

Newsflash: The camps are still legal. Coaches going to them is not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have I said I don't give a crap if we get any recruits from camps? Our recruiting is going just fine without them. Like I said before, this is more about the recruits. I don't give a crap if Saban doesn't want to have camps. Great for him. The recruits want these camps.

Think of the kids!

tumblr_inline_ngnmbb1Mkd1rxr4x6.gif

Oh wait a minute, the camps are still legal and the NCAA has no control over them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the major benefit (being seen by more coaches) is gone.

So we are back to them being combines rather than camps for teaching kids. AKA the reason the NCAA cuts them out to begin with.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the stellar reasoning against this that I've seen is 1. it might hurt small schools (but probably not) and 2. Saban doesn't want to deal with it.