• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Marcus Peters Will Be Traded to the Rams

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok

Big bag of cheetos and a 5th this year and lifetime amount of Nachos for Eric Berry. Andy Reid should be all over this

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Dez Bryant and Richard Sherman and countless other NFL players.
It’s as if it’s a terrible excuse to trade a player. And leads one to think the anthem is not a motivator, but rather a primary motivator for the continued protest even after others had stopped.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s as if it’s a terrible excuse to trade a player. And leads one to think the anthem is not a motivator, but rather a primary motivator for the continued protest even after others had stopped.
Good point. Also has anyone ever thought that it could be Andy Reid's fault that Peters couldn't get along with him?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Also has anyone ever thought that it could be Andy Reid's fault that Peters couldn't get along with him?
Peters said himself he got along fine with Reid.

B) It'd be really weird for it to be Reid given his history with TO, Vick, Hill, etc; he can clearly tolerate a lot

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters said himself he got along fine with Reid.

B) It'd be really weird for it to be Reid given his history with TO, Vick, Hill, etc; he can clearly tolerate a lot
Well then what was the problem with Peters and the Chiefs? Was it the money?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Eric Berry has this recent quote about Peters:

Eric Berry on the Marcus Peters and Alex Smith trades, start of the Patrick Mahomes era

He’s probably gonna kill me for this but I know he tries to keep a lot of stuff under the radar, but at the same time when everyone was bashing him for certain things Marcus would go to the store and parents would be letting kids pick out their shoes for the new school year and he'd just be like ‘I got that don’t even worry about it Moms, I'll pay for it’

The headlines that reach are the ones that are the negative ones which I don’t really think are negative. It’s a balance between the way you express yourself and whatever and it’s all opinionated and everybody has their own opinion but why not put the stuff he’s doing in the community? Let’s talk about him getting his Adidas camp to do a coat drive in Kansas City but nobody hears about that.

But just the type of person he is and the type of thing he does, I wish people would try to understand the person a little more. I know they see us on the field but try to see where all this is coming from before making a judgment on something like that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andy Reid was always a players coach. If it was Chip Kelly then I would be on board that Chipper was the asshole.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid was always a players coach. If it was Chip Kelly then I would be on board that Chipper was the asshole.
Well then I'm curious why did the Chiefs give up on Peters, if he was/is such a good player? The Chiefs didn't get much for a pro-bowler.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I'm curious why did the Chiefs give up on Peters, if he was/is such a good player? The Chiefs didn't get much for a pro-bowler.

I'm not sure. It must have been serious for him to get shipped out. Most teams will put up with the knuckleheads if you preform well.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. It must have been serious for him to get shipped out. Most teams will put up with the knuckleheads if you preform well.
I have yet to see anything impressive myself. This looks like the owner meddling to me and strongarming the GM to do his bidding.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already seen the Breitbart articles claiming it was because he was a kneeler...I'm sure it was by the same people who think the Raiders didn't make the playoffs because their lineman were throwing all the games lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the owner made any statements? Or anybody?
Basically just Reid being in full-blown denial and defending his boss despite evidence and reports (and their very own stated internal structure; every move goes by Hunt) indicating this was his mandate.

Marcus Peters seemed to be fine with Reid. Somebody is lying their ass off here.

Hunt as usual is as silent as a churchmouse. What we do know is he had a "discussion" with Peters over kneeling for the anthem. Peters continued protesting. If it's not a duck, it sure quacks like one. It has been said for years that the one way to get in trouble with the Chiefs was to embarrass a Hunt.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically just Reid being in full-blown denial and defending his boss despite evidence and reports (and their very own stated internal structure; every move goes by Hunt) indicating this was his mandate.

Marcus Peters seemed to be fine with Reid. Somebody is lying their ass off here.

Hunt as usual is as silent as a churchmouse. What we do know is he had a "discussion" with Peters over kneeling for the anthem. Peters continued protesting. If it's not a duck, it sure quacks like one. It has been said for years that the one way to get in trouble with the Chiefs was to embarrass a Hunt.

Then I'll take it as Hunt was pissed that Peter's ignored his wishes which was a sign of disrespect in his eyes and forced the trade. There's going to be a lot of spinning on this by both sides for a while.