• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brawl at Pistons/Magic game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong racist.

That’s a nod to MTG.

Politics today have to be some kind of experiment in parody

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything in this was full of pussy shit. The NBA is softer than soccer now. It is one of the reasons I stopped watching it. I miss the 80s and 90s where NBA players were men and they would actually allow physical play.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything in this was full of pussy shit. The NBA is softer than soccer now. It is one of the reasons I stopped watching it. I miss the 80s and 90s where NBA players were men and they would actually allow physical play.
Well that's a fresh new take on things

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 80's I agree with. Imo, that era had the best mix of physical play and wide open play.

The 90's got a good bit over the top and slowed the game down too much.

This era is too wide open, imo. It's an overreaction to the 90's. Hopefully, the league will start to allow more physical play and get closer to 80's style.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 80's I agree with. Imo, that era had the best mix of physical play and wide open play.

The 90's got a good bit over the top and slowed the game down too much.

This era is too wide open, imo. It's an overreaction to the 90's. Hopefully, the league will start to allow more physical play and get closer to 80's style.

The 80s bred the 90s because they tolerated non-basketball plays. They aren’t going back.

The physical play point of view is honestly one I just don’t get.

The 90s were about cheating. People reaching out and grabbing on to offensive players so they couldn’t get beat off the dribble. Hard fouls on drives to the basket.

That is not how basketball is intended. Want violence and collisions? Watch hockey or football.

Basketball is about graceful athleticism and skill.

They are getting it right.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is about graceful athleticism and skill.
Makes it sound like you want to watch rhythmic gymnastics.

I do think they have taken some things a little too in favor of the offense. They’ve extended the definition of a travel and still don’t always call it. They rarely call a carry and how many guys’ crossovers should be called. And I think you should be able to guard a guy with you hand, arm extended at full length. No, not straighten your arm to push him, but just starting defense with an extended arm should be fine and allows better defense.

They have got many things right, especially the clear path, I always thought that should be shot(s) and the ball. But I also think intentional fouls at the end of a game should be too, no one likes watching a free throw contest.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hate the quick turn around and swinging the ball through the defenders arms just to pick up a foul. I know it is a foul, but it seems sooooo Ricky tack and slows the game down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it sound like you want to watch rhythmic gymnastics.

I do think they have taken some things a little too in favor of the offense. They’ve extended the definition of a travel and still don’t always call it. They rarely call a carry and how many guys’ crossovers should be called. And I think you should be able to guard a guy with you hand, arm extended at full length. No, not straighten your arm to push him, but just starting defense with an extended arm should be fine and allows better defense.

They have got many things right, especially the clear path, I always thought that should be shot(s) and the ball. But I also think intentional fouls at the end of a game should be too, no one likes watching a free throw contest.

Agree on the traveling/Carries

Couldn’t disagree more about handchecking.

Makes defense too easy.

You let somebody like LeBron keep a hand on you?

You ain’t beating him off the dribble.

Basketball defense is played with feet, angles and body positioning.

NOT with hands on the offensive player.

Not how the rules are written, nor how the game is intended.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hate-hate-hate-yeah.gif

Do you like watching cars drive in circles for 3+ hours?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the traveling/Carries

Couldn’t disagree more about handchecking.

Makes defense too easy.

You let somebody like LeBron keep a hand on you?

You ain’t beating him off the dribble.

Basketball defense is played with feet, angles and body positioning.

NOT with hands on the offensive player.

Not how the rules are written, nor how the game is intended.
Right, because no one scored in the 80s

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because no one scored in the 80s

You think defense back then was better?

It wasn’t.

What I said is true. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to allow defenders to put their hands on a ball handler legally.

That is what no talent hacks do when they can’t compete. It is bad basketball.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think defense back then was better?

It wasn’t.

What I said is true. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to allow defenders to put their hands on a ball handler legally.

That is what no talent hacks do when they can’t compete. It is bad basketball.
You over read into what I was saying. I did not say the game was better or worse in the eighties. You made it sound like no one could possibly score with hand checking, but scores were pretty good in the 80s.

I agree there should not be the full on hand checks of then, but having one hand on the guy, arm fully outstretched, when a guy’s back is to you should not be a foul. They allow contact with a forearm, bent elbow. The only difference is distance, and that bent elbow distance gives a huge spin move advantage to the offense.

But then I also think half of Shaq’s game, unrooting defenders using his bulk backing in, is a charge.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only major thing about hoops I miss are the back to the basket one on ones from the prime bigs you used to get. Because of the no zone rule teams could isolate their guy on offense.

Other than that I love all the advances

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say that while realizing zoning is necessary to guard in today's game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You over read into what I was saying. I did not say the game was better or worse in the eighties. You made it sound like no one could possibly score with hand checking, but scores were pretty good in the 80s.

I agree there should not be the full on hand checks of then, but having one hand on the guy, arm fully outstretched, when a guy’s back is to you should not be a foul. They allow contact with a forearm, bent elbow. The only difference is distance, and that bent elbow distance gives a huge spin move advantage to the offense.

But then I also think half of Shaq’s game, unrooting defenders using his bulk backing in, is a charge.

It isn’t that people can’t score.

It is providing an unfair advantage to the defense.

High scoring isn’t a problem. Good offense beating good defense is good basketball.

Defense today is better than it has ever been. Offense is just better. That is a good thing for the sport and the fans who watch it.

We don’t need to turn the clock back and muck up the game. That would be a step backwards.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t that people can’t score.

It is providing an unfair advantage to the defense.

High scoring isn’t a problem. Good offense beating good defense is good basketball.

Defense today is better than it has ever been. Offense is just better. That is a good thing for the sport and the fans who watch it.

We don’t need to turn the clock back and muck up the game. That would be a step backwards.
All this is true, except some of the rules too much favor the offense. Offense just st makes good tv, but I just prefer a good, balanced game. I think some rules right now handcuff defense a little too much.