• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Game Discussion Notre Dame at Miami

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily the toughest game left on the schedule. Sorry, Stanford minus Love is useless and we have an excellent run defense.

I have a bunch of random thoughts in no particular order:

I'm not as concerned about the Wake game as many others are. We could have scored at will and it seems Kelly downshifted in the second half (even though most of the starting D was still in) and Wake kept playing for posterity while other teams we've played waved the white flag (e.g., USC, NC State). It's clear when we wanted to stop Wake, we did (see the first drive of the second half which is usually where we struggle to adjust to the opponents halftime adjustments.

As long as we were answering with scores of our own they seemed content to play prevent. My bigger concern is that they were doing this to conserve bodies. It seems injuries are starting to catch up. Watkins is hurt which could be an issue next week. Of a bigger concern is Khalid Kareem. He's been an invaluable reserve and one of our best pass rushers. He had to be helped off twice. I'd hate to lose him. On offense obviously we hope Adams Jones and McIntosh are healthy we will need to get back to our road grader offense. Williams should be done for the year IMO. The one run he broke he looked like he was running in quicksand. At 100% he would have gone to the house. Then he limped off the field after that play.

As far as Miami is concerned, I watched the Va. Tech game last night and this Miami team is very athletic, they play with a lot of emotion, but they're dumb as shit. Theyre undisciplined and it showed in the last few minutes when VaTech was going for late posterity points and UM fouled virtually every play. They also turned the ball over 4 times and Va Tech didn't make them pay for that. If they turn it over to us 4 times I expect we'll convert into points like we've done all year.

Their DL is small but fast. They live and die on shooting gaps and relying on quick LB play which is their best unit by far. As dominant as their DL looked though Va Tech was without its starting LT. #99 had a lot of free runs at the qb. He's not going to beat McGlinchey like that. Miami's run defense is not great and that's against opponents far worse than us. Stick to our winning formula if we want to win this one. If Kelly wants to force the deep ball he better be accurate because miamis secondary is tall and fast. They can easily fight for those jump balls.

Last it seems that this town is back on the bandwagon. The stadium actually looked full for once and the crowd was hyped. With all the media attention prime time and Ganda, etc this one might be a sellout. We will need to silence the crowd early or show up en made like GA did to us. My only worry is if the environment keeps Miami engaged and we are not 100% focused and make too many mistakes we can easily give this game away.

Honestly I want them to win if only to shut these douchebag poser fans who decided all of the sudden they love the Canes again. One of the worst front running fan bases ever which drives 90% of my hatred for this team.

Win and I think the worst will be behind us. Go Irish!

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Miami is clearly our toughest game left. Stanford isn't good, they're one dimensional and that doesn't worry me one bit.

To be honest, Miami doesn't worry me either. Miami won't keep us under 30, and Miami isn't scoring 30. So there's that.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still shake my head at this "Turnover Bling" they love to sport.

Nothing screams "Thug U" than this crap.

cropped_miami.jpg

All that said, let's hope they're not 'allowed' to sport it come Sat.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still shake my head at this "Turnover Bling" they love to sport.

Nothing screams "Thug U" than this crap.

cropped_miami.jpg

All that said, let's hope they're not 'allowed' to sport it come Sat.
That thing typifies every negative stereotype about Miami. They love to show off when things are going good but then everyone runs for the hills at the first sign of adversity.

Since last night everyone down here is running their gums like they've been there all year.

Biggest front running fan base in the country.

It happened in 1997 when the Marlins won. They couldn't sell out NLCS games but after they won the fucking posers in this town were wearing Marlins gear for a year.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't knock the smug out of these a-holes

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Miami is clearly our toughest game left. Stanford isn't good, they're one dimensional and that doesn't worry me one bit.

To be honest, Miami doesn't worry me either. Miami won't keep us under 30, and Miami isn't scoring 30. So there's that.
I don't see how they stop the run at all. Agreed about the scoring too, 34-17 good guys.

Yeah Boooiii

#BeRedSeeRed
Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The U" more like.... "The Who." Am I right Boys & Girls.
Also got the 33Trucking hat over the past weekend.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The U" more like.... "The Who." Am I right Boys & Girls.
Also got the 33Trucking hat over the past weekend.
Nice. Can't wait to see him run over this little ass Miami defense. He's almost as big as those guys.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is, did their center get any better or is it someone new. I fondly remember Jarron Jones treating him like a rag doll the whole game. Almost single-handedly kept us in that game when we collapsed and gave up a bunch of points. He would literally drive him right back into Kaaya toss him aside and knock Kaaya down.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Mrs. and I had a good laugh. Friends of ours who are Cane fans (her husband played there from '86-'89) had a Facebook post that the game(except for suites) is sold out. She aptly pointed out that these were all the fair weather fans. Truly pathetic fan base.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a totally unrelated topic, I was recently informed that Michigan hasn’t beaten anyone with a winning record. Not that it matters, but I thought it was something that deserved to be shared. (And Maryland, who they play this week, has a losing record)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a totally unrelated topic, I was recently informed that Michigan hasn’t beaten anyone with a winning record. Not that it matters, but I thought it was something that deserved to be shared. (And Maryland, who they play this week, has a losing record)

Lol'ing at Michigan is welcome in any topic

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way thisbis a big. We need to take care of business. word is players are ready and prepared. They have practice better this week then their game last week.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Gameday it's not so much the University of Miami that I hate. It's their fake ass front running phony ass fans who only decided to give a shit about this team the last two weeks.

Seriously those people deserve nothing. We've toiled through the same shitty seasons but we've never left.

They need to pay for their fakery.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to hell the D shows up, tonite, and not put out a Wake-like performance.

I got a feeling this game may, very well, depend on that.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to hell the D shows up, tonite, and not put out a Wake-like performance.

I got a feeling this game may, very well, depend on that.

ND just needs to survive the first few minutes and let the crowd take themselves out of the game.

I'm not as worried about the D performing like they did against Wake. When they wanted to stop Wake, they did. It was pretty clear the letup was mental. They checked out in the 4th quarter.

Miami will either be right in it or will have checked out mentally if ND gets up early on them.

Miami is capable of winning this game but they've built their expectations up so high, and they're young I expect them to fold under pressure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready for some football. Lets Go Irish

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's what it typically looks like. But the bandwagoners are back. Big crowd last week and first sellout in forever this week.

Like I said biggest front running fan base in all of football.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's what it typically looks like. But the bandwagoners are back. Big crowd last week and first sellout in forever this week.

Like I said biggest front running fan base in all of football.
Yeah, I realize they're fair weather as hell down in Coral Gables and I'll expect they'll fill the house tonite over a big game.

It is disgusting.