• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: Buffalo Bills at Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all admit we thought Jeudy would post better numbers but I am far from the point where I am ready to give up and call him terrible.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't regret them taking Chubb with that pick. It wasn't Von Miller in 2015, but Von Miller with Demarcus Ware (combined with Malik Jackson and Wolfe) that caused the real problems for opposing offenses.

Chubb, should be that guy tha is as valuable as QBs are. It matters little without a dynamic defense. Not if our desire is a Lombardi.

We can go over again all of the great QBs winning it, but when we look closer at it we will see a dynamic defense.

I think we can use the clear example of the 2013 and 2015 Broncos. Exact opposite teams basically. In 2013 the greatest offense ever. Only team to ever score over 600 points.

In 2015, one of the worst offenses to play in a SB. Broke the record of ineptitude going 1 for 14 on 3rd downs.

I believe it has been 13 times a QB has passed for 5000 yards. Not one won the SB that year. The point is Chubb was not a bad pick. Allen, while having the size and strength....was awfully inaccurate in college. Didn't even make all conference in the Mountain West Conference. Many QBs have had the SIZE AND STRENGTH, only to show little at the next level. Ryan Leaf Jawalrus Ruffles, Osweiler, Lynch, among many others.

Getting the right QB, to fit with the right coach, takes a lot of things. However to find it while diminishing the defense means little for us as fans.

It's sad they tend to play so uninspired. I personally don't think Lock is meant for a slow, methodical, predictable offense. Getting into consistent 3rd and longs. I think we can all predict their play calls.

Bottom line, I have no idea what the answer is.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the moral of the story is that QB’s can take a few years develop. I don’t think the moral is Lock is going to end up as good or better then Allen since his numbers are similar/better after two years.
Then post context to your story just don’t post a image and leave it at that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- You were the one that wanted Jeudy so bad. ;)

I think Jeudy will be fine. You give up on players way too fast.

Let’s cut them all and start from scratch mentality.

I still remember when someone at KFFL gave up on DT in year three then he proceeded to catch 15 passes vs the Vikings and went in to be great for years after. Sorry but Jeudy is ‘t posting huge numbers in this offense with hardly any experience and all the attention with Sutton out. Yes, he needs to get better but lets give him another year before we throw the towel in. A healthy Sutton and a full offseason will be very beneficial to him.
Where did I say cut them all? Right now he’s not very good. 8 drops in 90 targets is terrible. That’s all I said. You can change the adjective that’s fine but you seem to always go to “let’s cut them all”.

never said Juedy is terrible said his drop
Ratio if true is terrible.

2021 will probably be status quo In terms of who is here next year.

Last edited:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever josh Allen did this past offseason, lock needs to do. He throws dimes now

In the Steelers Bills game they talked about the work the Josh Allen did with Jordan Palmer, and how they used computer analysis to modify his throwing motion to improve his accuracy. Based on memory the things Josh changed:
  • Narrower base
  • Left foot is a little farther out
  • Lowered his arm angle to be less over the top.
Lock would benefit from training with Jordan Palmer.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this season has been frustrating, but about everything that could go wrong has. On offense we were going to count on Sutton to help take pressure off Jeudy and Hamler. On Defense we were going to count on them to keep us in games. Outside of Chubb, Jackson, Jewel, Johnson, and Simmons we have had a lot of change based on what was expected. Would this defense be better if we had Miller, Casey, Purcel, Callahan, Bausby, and Bassey all year? I think the answer is yes. The benefit that this team will have by enduring the season of so may injuries is we have found some really good depth guys like DeShawn WIlliams, and DeMarcus Walker has really shown growth. We are getting guys like Agim, Ojemudia, and Reed valuable playing time to help their development.

So many teams pass the ball more then they run it, and we seem to be shuffling CBs in the lineup every week lately due to injuries. The secondary relies on communication and working as a cohesive unit to defend the pass, and with so much change it is no wonder that there are struggles.

We have 2 games left and both are against divisional opponents, and ones that we should be able to compete with. If we get blown out in either or both of these games it will be concerning.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then post context to your story just don’t post a image and leave it at that.

nah. Ill post what I read which is what that was meant to be. Numbers. Basic stats.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I don't understand is so many of Lock's catchable balls get dropped - that's poor coaching preparation.

I don't think this is a coaching problem, but a player concentration problem. All of these guys know how to catch the ball, but are they looking to avoid a hit because of an injury, or looking to make a play and not looking the ball in? I think all of those things are likely, especially when the team gets down by multiple scores.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah. Ill post what I read which is what that was meant to be. Numbers. Basic stats.
And then I posted Josh Allen’s stats after the first 15 games.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brief synopsis from me

Throw game out the window.
Shurmur no deep passes to practice I think even after 15 starts Lock has those dunk passes down. Develop his deep ball. This is a weird year but, after 14 games your game plan yesterday wth.
Picking 16-18 is disappointing for a team that needs big upgrades. I think we need to draft two corners not one.

Coaches FO issues

Stay the course until ownership is settled.
Unless they retire Elway Ellis aren't going anywhere unless Broncos are sold
Fangio I like him but, not good gameday HC. I'd rather wait to go new staff after Ellis/Elway are gone they aren't good at hiring right HC's of late.
Shurmur don't like at all but, we need stability more vs switching again
Lock is guy in 21

My hope for 22/23 is

Broncos are sold (Sorry Bowlens we need deeper pocket ownership, no family squabbling which I think will never end with Bowlen family)
FO is cleaned out top to bottom seems things are getting long in the tooth we need fresh blood new energy coming out of dove valley
POTM material right here

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Steelers Bills game they talked about the work the Josh Allen did with Jordan Palmer, and how they used computer analysis to modify his throwing motion to improve his accuracy. Based on memory the things Josh changed:
  • Narrower base
  • Left foot is a little farther out
  • Lowered his arm angle to be less over the top.
Lock would benefit from training with Jordan Palmer.
I’ve read Allen spent the entire offseason working on his technique, and boy did it pay dividends. His accuracy and timing is off the charts now. Lock needs that work

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Allen having a howitzer for an arm certainly helps too lol

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- You were the one that wanted Jeudy so bad. ;)

I think Jeudy will be fine. You give up on players way too fast.

Let’s cut them all and start from scratch mentality.

I still remember when someone at KFFL gave up on DT in year three then he proceeded to catch 15 passes vs the Vikings and went in to be great for years after. Sorry but Jeudy is ‘t posting huge numbers in this offense with hardly any experience and all the attention with Sutton out. Yes, he needs to get better but lets give him another year before we throw the towel in. A healthy Sutton and a full offseason will be very beneficial to him.
Jeudy got a taste of reality. His catch % of the 91 targets is 46% and is dead last in rookie WR class catch rate for WRs with at least 30 attempts.

Why is Jeudy dead last ? Is it Lock?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy got a taste of reality. His catch % of the 91 targets is 46% and is dead last in rookie WR class catch rate for WRs with at least 30 attempts.

ahy is Jeudy dead last ? Is it Lock?
According to The Athletic - Lock and Jeudy are at a catch percentage of 42%. They are not on the same page obviously. Not having a preseason has hurt both of them - plus injuries - plus without Sutton the defenses concentrate on Jeudy more. I will add - I don't think Lock quite knows what to do with a guy who runs routes so precisely as Jeudy (yet).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever find out what the beef between Chubb and Harris was all about?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is Jeudy dead last ? Is it Lock?
I maybe wrong, but Jeudy is the only rookie WR that doesn't benefit from a true #1 WR to take the pressure off him. That makes a difference.