• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm noticing a little progress each game. The PP looks good, 5 on 5 is getting better but still needs work, and even the PK is 5 for it's last 6. This team likely isn't a Cup contender this year, but if they truly use the time to find out which rookies can play and which can't, and don't abandon the youth movement too soon, hopefully a tweak or two gets them back to that level next year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm noticing a little progress each game. The PP looks good, 5 on 5 is getting better but still needs work, and even the PK is 5 for it's last 6. This team likely isn't a Cup contender this year, but if they truly use the time to find out which rookies can play and which can't, and don't abandon the youth movement too soon, hopefully a tweak or two gets them back to that level next year.

This was where I was last year, but guys like Danault, Dano, Svedberg, Teuvo had a nice string of guys getting experience. I still miss Danault and Teuvo, but those were two holes that could have been filled so we were only dealing with a few more rookies this year. But Teuvo only 2 goals 1 assist and a -4, while Danault has 21 goals 2 assists and a +3.

I guess the point is Schmaltz looks good, Motte is starting to get lost, I wonder how long it is before they make the deal to put them down in Rockford.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was where I was last year, but guys like Danault, Dano, Svedberg, Teuvo had a nice string of guys getting experience. I still miss Danault and Teuvo, but those were two holes that could have been filled so we were only dealing with a few more rookies this year. But Teuvo only 2 goals 1 assist and a -4, while Danault has 21 goals 2 assists and a +3.

I guess the point is Schmaltz looks good, Motte is starting to get lost, I wonder how long it is before they make the deal to put them down in Rockford.

Well, Vinny probably goes down when Desi returns. Motte looked good last night - rookies will have their ups and downs - I'm more worried about the rookie wall for all of the young guys when it gets closer to playoff time.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny reminds me of the mighty duck movie with the guy that can skate fast but cannot stop. He can really move it and save some icings.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 in a row and a back to back with the depleted Stars tonight.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 in a row, 3 in a row by 1 goal. Crawford has been outstanding, and the team's stars are coming up clutch. The bottom half of the roster is playing just well enough to avoid being a liability.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Panarin dropping the gloves and then finishing St Louis with that rocket wrister. Gotta make the teams think twice about beating the talent off their game like they do Kane.

Side note, gotta find a decent russian missle name to describe Panarins shot. Satan 2 just does not work for me.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a shame about Bickell but yes, it does help to put some of the pieces together. He always had issues being consistently physical given his size, but his skill level seemed to evaporate almost overnight.

On the Jets game, was it just me or was that one of Toews' worst games in recent memory? Everyone has an off night, but I couldn't help but wonder if he's dealing with one or more nagging injuries. Hopefully we'll see him rebound tonight.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team just seemed like they thought they were going to walk over Edmonton. We heard how much they improved, but then got hammered with injuries and the hawks got beat by a team full of AHL kids. This is the last year of an extended circus and disney trips, and the hawks usually really bonded on this trip. They need to do much better against Calgary after this wake up call.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny with the breakout game.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those kids are something, but first two periods when they were on a line with Panik was like playing 5 on 4.. It seemed like the only pucks got to were the ones that ran into his stick. Hartman and Vinnie were just flying everywhere whatever line they ended up on. Once the D men can gauge Vinnies speed he is going to get behind the D alot more.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best call of the night for Foley was in the second. He wanted to say it was the first puck the Vancouver goalie felt in a while. Ended up coming out really close to fuck a puck. The best part was Eddie did not say a damned thing for almost two minutes. I mentally saw him rolling on the floor in the booth laughing.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews to IR for his back, now Crawford will miss 2-3 weeks after needing an appendectomy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys.
Sorry I haven't checked in much this season.
But watching a full Hawks game has been a challenge so far.
I hope that changes after December.

In the few half-periods I watched:
  • Really like what I see from Hinostroza. He's involved offensively and defensively. I love those kind of players.
  • Panik also seems to be playing well. I also noticed they are pronouncing his name like the word "panic" as opposed to "pah-nick" as he was called last season?
  • Love Campbell. But wow he looks slow out there at times.
  • Saw that Shaw is sporting a stash up in Montreal. Funny. I miss his net-front presence. Looks like the Hawks do too. In the few portions of games I watched, the only I guy I see in front of the net is Anisimov. Part of the time.
  • Still wish the Hawks would check more instead of watching opposing players skate the puck in untouched.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinnie was in a lot of trouble the beginning of the year, but it was mainly because he is so damn fast that the d men had no chance of hitting his tape.

Panik started out hot, went away, started tripping over the blue lines, now is finally coming back.

We really did not need any of what Campbell has. It was a scared signing not trusting what we have with these kids like Kempny who will actually hit.

Don't the Canadians have some stache only rule up there? its like 70's pr0n heaven.

I was a little lost on yesterdays telecast. our dish was out all day so I started watching the game at midnight and Pat said that Schmaltz was sent down to Rockford for cap reasons so they could sign a professional backup goaltender for Darling. They put Toews on IR and his 10 million dollar hit, then Crow went on IR with his 6 million dollar hit, and we needed to move Schmaltz to Rockford to make room?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the flying fuck last night. Hawks lose a challenge that Hossa was off sides, then a minute into overtime, the eventual goal scorer was on the ice when the player he was changing for was damn near at the center ice circle. Raanta gave up alot of garbage that nobody was around to knock in but still undefeated in the UC.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team still isn't pretty, but seems to do just enough to win more often then not. Toews is still clearly not himself.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford could be back Friday.