• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Question since this is my first NHL season on SH.la, is it busy enough to do GDT?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Yak signed yet? I think it'd be great pickup for this Hawks team that is seriously going to be up against the Cap.

Hey Sanctus, welcome aboard. Edm would almost definitely have to retain salary, Yak's cap hit is $2 mil+c can't remember exactly.

Honestly, this board is probably not busy enough for game day threads. A.I. Posts pretty regularly and I go through hot and cold periods. A few others join during the season and more in the playoffs. Feel free to give it a try, though!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since this is my first NHL season on SH.la, is it busy enough to do GDT?
Probably not. But you can always try.
AI and JBM are the most frequent posters.
Doobie and Irish visit occasionally too. (And me.)
As for me, I'd rather watch the game than try to keep up with a GDT while a game is in progress.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, St Louis got him for a 4th round pick player and a conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder. Second if he scores 15 goals. McNeil was a 1st round pick. Dont know why they did not pull the trigger, other than maybe they like Forlin that much. Yak could have given a russian Anisimov line with Panarin and Kane back to top line.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortin back to juniors, Desi to IR. 15 forwards, 8 dmen still left...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would take advantage of the 9 game window. Maybe they are saving it for next year. Even makes me wonder more why they did not make a deal for Yak considering how little the blues gave up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks depth chart for 2016-17

Motte, Vinnie, Schmaltz, Hartman, Kempny, Forsling expected to start Tomorrow night, Rasmussen and Rosival last two that will be an option for St Louis game.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen rookies left off the roster so often, now there is a flood of them. Lots of good players with alot of skill. Its gonna be tough. I can see Motte moving up to that first line if Q chooses, but he seems intent on breaking up Kane and Panarin for some reason, so we probably see Panarin up there with Toews first.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The learning curve for these youngsters might be a little steeper than I expected. St. Louis played really well though.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The learning curve for these youngsters might be a little steeper than I expected. St. Louis played really well though.

The Blues are a quality opponent. No shame in losing to them.

The question will be how we grow. Coach Q and co. don't care much for division titles, just get better, stay healthy, and make the playoffs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will probably watch the whole game tonight, but the back and forth I was doing was more of the Vets making the bad passes and turnovers.

Q is mixing the D with experience and young guys, but not the forward lines. I like Hossa with Toews, think he plays best there, but get Motte or Schmaltz up there. Tootoo is a checker, a checking line would be nice to have for once. Second line was really last years top line, and it seems more likely they get split first, as you saw Panarin with Toews more late in the first game. Q double shifts Kane when he is hot, so double shifting Kane and Panarin with Toews after a TV timeout sounds like a nice loaded moment. Otherwise, Hartman is closest to shaw right now, so if Motte still stays down, maybe Hartman could get the left wing on the top line too.

Panik has some big moments, but he is very inconsistent, and could provide veteran presence on the third or fourth line with Krueger.

Anyway, odds are Forsling gets send down when Hammer returns, so that will help the PK, but I am still scratching my head on getting Soup back with these rookies that are ready.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game against Nashville new lines.

Artemi Panarin – Jonathan Toews – Richard Panik

Tyler Motte – Artem Anisimov – Patrick Kane

Ryan Hartman – Marcus Kruger – Marian Hossa

Vincent Hinostroza – Nick Schmaltz – Jordin Tootoo

Defensive Pairings

Duncan Keith – Niklas Hjalmarsson

Gustav Forsling – Brian Campbell

Michal Kempny – Brent Seabrook

Goaltender

Corey Crawford (0-1-0, 3.11 GAA, .906 save %, 0 SO)

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 3 games in and the only thing I've (not) seen that was unexpected is the disappearance of Panarin-Anisimov-Kane. Has anybody seen these guys? Time to file a missing person's report.

The rookies have had their ups and downs, most still showing the potential to be regular NHLers with the exception of, for me at least, Hinostroza. I just don't seem to see what Q does.

Anyway, going to be a long season. I'm ok with that as long as no one pushing the panic button and gives up on the youth movement.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinnie is faster than most skaters we have had, so it takes a while to hit his blade and not his skates with passes. Schmaltz looked like he did it before with his first goal. Kempny is playing extremely well, even made TVR a healthy scratch. Kempny is also playing the off side with Campbell. Really showing we were deep enough at D without bringing soup back, I think most fans would have preferred 3 new rookies last year and 3 this year instead of all 6 this year. Most of what I have seen is seabs, keith and campbell clearing to the middle of the ice and more veteran mistakes so far.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better game last night, had the skate on the throat 4-0, let Philly get back in it. Hossa with his 500th career goal, then leaves with an injury that looks like will keep him out a while.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least we can cancel the missing persons' report...

The PK though is just...awful.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TVR officially on the trade block, looks like Bowmans want to get older with the forwards. Schmaltz and Motte are the real deal, Rasmussen should only play center, but lets send them to Rockford and get some more old guys. My guess is they dont want TVR to get hurt before trading him. Personally, healthy scratches seem to diminish value.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no PK answers. I just dont get why Motte stays out on PK, when we have Toews, Hossa, Krueger and Anisimov available. Maybe a third D man out there? This is just insane.