• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Disappointment

Bigger Disappointment

• Houston

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons were closer to getting to the Super Bowl than the Texans.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Atlanta considering their acquisition of S Jackson at RB and talking Gonzo into playing one more yr. Hard to believe a QB like that has only won 2 games as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston. Even before their QB abd RB went down they were shit. ATL at least didn't seem too bad until their #1 and #2 WR couldn't get on the field. They at least have some claim to injuries. Houston just sucked.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta.

They were on a steady incline the past few seasons, and they barely missed the Super Bowl last season. I never believed in Houston as a serious contender.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Houston Texans for me. No disrespect to the Colts, but the Texans should have won that division. I still think they are the most talented in the division and dominated that division for consecutive years and then become awful all of a sudden. And they were bad WITH Arian Foster. And let's be real here, the Texans could easily be 0-10 because they had no business starting 2-0.

The Falcons kind of have an excuse. They might be one of the few teams in the NFL that I can say that lost more key players than the Cowboys. Roddy White has been hurt all year and a shell of himself and Julio Jones, you know, is done for the year. SJax was hurt as well. That's basically their entire offense. Asking Ryan and Tony G. to carry the load really isn't fair. And they actually play in a very strong division and conference with a first-place schedule. The NFC also changes a lot year-to-year and is the more competitive conference to me. So it's no surprise to me that the Falcons take a step back in a division where they clearly aren't the best team every year because of guys named Drew Brees and Sean Payton; and also losing so many key players to injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought the Texans were that great, so I'd have to go Atlanta even though I didn't expect Steven Jackson to have much of an impact.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Houston, Atlanta lost their top two receivers and Steven Jackson has been banged up as well. If those guys had been healthy all season, I think Atlanta would be a playoff team. Houston has been horrible even when healthy, the two games they won they could have as easily lost.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Atlanta, although imo both are great choices. Both were 'poised to make a SB run' but I think the Falcons had a better shot and a better team. In the offseason they "upgraded" some key positions and didn't lose much. They've been complete shit all year. I can't believe how quick and how hard they have fallen, and that started before JJ went down. I remember all the hype about how a new and improved situation would bring SJax back to life and yadi yadi yada. They stink, flat out. Houston at least has a couple of excuses (I guess)

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Atlanta, although imo both are great choices. Both were 'poised to make a SB run' but I think the Falcons had a better shot and a better team. In the offseason they "upgraded" some key positions and didn't lose much. They've been complete shit all year. I can't believe how quick and how hard they have fallen, and that started before JJ went down. I remember all the hype about how a new and improved situation would bring SJax back to life and yadi yadi yada. They stink, flat out. Houston at least has a couple of excuses (I guess)

Not saying you are wrong, we all have opinions. With that said the Falcons have had to many injuries to key players to be competitive IMO. True they sucked before JJ went out, but White has been injured all season, SJAX has also been injured all season with hamstring issues and now a toe issue. Their injury list is filled with defensive injuries right now and even Tony Gonzales is playing hurt. Houston However sucked when everyone was playing, not sure why Schaub took such a big step back this season, but he was horrible. I really think the Falcons will be back next season when everyone is healthy, not so sure about the Texans.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Houston Texans for me. No disrespect to the Colts, but the Texans should have won that division. I still think they are the most talented in the division and dominated that division for consecutive years and then become awful all of a sudden. And they were bad WITH Arian Foster. And let's be real here, the Texans could easily be 0-10 because they had no business starting 2-0.

The Falcons kind of have an excuse. They might be one of the few teams in the NFL that I can say that lost more key players than the Cowboys. Roddy White has been hurt all year and a shell of himself and Julio Jones, you know, is done for the year. SJax was hurt as well. That's basically their entire offense. Asking Ryan and Tony G. to carry the load really isn't fair. And they actually play in a very strong division and conference with a first-place schedule. The NFC also changes a lot year-to-year and is the more competitive conference to me. So it's no surprise to me that the Falcons take a step back in a division where they clearly aren't the best team every year because of guys named Drew Brees and Sean Payton; and also losing so many key players to injury.

Certainly puts them in the Clowney sweepstakes.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to cut Atl. a little slack due to their injuries. Houston has no such excuse.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More disappointing? Loses to the Chiefs and Chargers (should of won games) could have us sitting at 7-3, and you could easily throw in the worst loss in recent memory - against the Lions (a minute to go almost the length and no timeouts) and we could/should imo be sitting pretty right now.

Wah wah, I know. Just sayin.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston.

And all the articles written about how Houston was the best football team in Texas has nothing to do with my choice.

:whistle:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More disappointing? Loses to the Chiefs and Chargers (should of won games) could have us sitting at 7-3, and you could easily throw in the worst loss in recent memory - against the Lions (a minute to go almost the length and no timeouts) and we could/should imo be sitting pretty right now.

Wah wah, I know. Just sayin.

We were around a .500 team coming into the year and are a .500 team right now that is in control of our own destiny. So while we have had some disappointing performances and some embarrassing displays, I'm not sure how you can throw us in with the other two right now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were around a .500 team coming into the year and are a .500 team right now that is in control of our own destiny. So while we have had some disappointing performances and some embarrassing displays, I'm not sure how you can throw us in with the other two right now.

No kidding. Dallas is what it is till proven otherwise.

Matters not what happens in NY this week....either way, it will be over the top on this board.

It is coin flip between Houston and Atlanta for me.
The luster of Bum's Kid is wearing and Matty Ice ain't no big thing.
Despite what many here think.....this isn't a wide receiver driven league to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston,s season is more of a surprise than Atlanta. Both teams were overrated and have been for several years. Fat Wades defense will eventually fail and Mattie ice is all hype

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont buy the injury thing unless its a QB maybe. Every team has injuries. The pats are missing 5 defensive starters and playing pretty solid on that side. NO has been missing key players all year on defense and they have been outstanding compared to last year. Sure Atlanta has been bitten pretty hard, but I dont think they should get a pass. They, along with Houston, both have 2 wins. Both teams have been disappointments. I guess I just have never looked at Houston as a serious contender like I have ATL

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont buy the injury thing unless its a QB maybe. Every team has injuries. The pats are missing 5 defensive starters and playing pretty solid on that side. NO has been missing key players all year on defense and they have been outstanding compared to last year. Sure Atlanta has been bitten pretty hard, but I dont think they should get a pass. They, along with Houston, both have 2 wins. Both teams have been disappointments. I guess I just have never looked at Houston as a serious contender like I have ATL

Well when you lose your top two receivers, and your number 1 running back, that's pretty hard to swallow. Also some teams have more depth than others. How do you think Romo would fair if he lost Dez, Austin, and Murry for the season? Or maybe Dez, Witten, and Murray? Also that play that gave the Panthers the lead against the Pats was against a backup corner. Also not every team has a Tom Brady who can make average receivers look good.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im used to watching a team Wade Phillips joins do great his first year then fall apart the second .....

So ATL got my vote