• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Big series in the West against Mariners here 8/29-8/31

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 innings from Perez with no runs allowed and i still have no faith in him for the playoffs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the so called experts will quit talking about our plus / minus run differential for a week or two.
It's still the worst run diff for a division leader. Texas has been on the losing end of a bunch of blow outs that swing the run diff by 50 runs or so until today. It's all noise and people focus on the overall without breaking it down.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still the worst run diff for a division leader. Texas has been on the losing end of a bunch of blow outs that swing the run diff by 50 runs or so until today. It's all noise and people focus on the overall without breaking it down.

At least it's firmly in the positive category now and I remember the Twinkies series before the all star break where the team had nothing left after playing a crazy amount of games in a row, the Twins were +35 in that series alone. That will do a number on any teams stats.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team in the American League to 80 wins. I wish there wasn't an offday tomorrow, this team looks to be on a roll right now. Oh well, let the reinforcements come and maybe we will give Luhnow something to cry about.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team in the American League to 80 wins. I wish there wasn't an offday tomorrow, this team looks to be on a roll right now. Oh well, let the reinforcements come and maybe we will give Luhnow something to cry about.

hopefully they come out of it still rolling. hearing Bannister may tinker with the rotation for this series

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think more Payano or Hernandez
The last I read is that it is expected to be a significant piece. I would just as soon return Jeffress, but that ain't happening.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Along the lines of Brinson and Ortiz." Sounds like Mendez, but Rosenthal could be wrong I guess.

Rosenthal's Latest: Rangers, Brewers, Braun, Braves, Sale, Mariners

Not to be forgotten, Texas also agreed to include a player to be named later, and FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal (video link) characterizes that player as “a significant piece” who could be along the lines of Brinson and Ortiz – both of whom rank among Baseball America’s 75 best prospects. The reason Milwaukee didn’t land the player Monday is because the two teams ran out of time before they could agree on whom it would be, leaving the Brewers to eventually choose one from a list the Rangers provided them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Along the lines of Brinson and Ortiz." Sounds like Mendez, but Rosenthal could be wrong I guess.

Rosenthal's Latest: Rangers, Brewers, Braun, Braves, Sale, Mariners

Not to be forgotten, Texas also agreed to include a player to be named later, and FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal (video link) characterizes that player as “a significant piece” who could be along the lines of Brinson and Ortiz – both of whom rank among Baseball America’s 75 best prospects. The reason Milwaukee didn’t land the player Monday is because the two teams ran out of time before they could agree on whom it would be, leaving the Brewers to eventually choose one from a list the Rangers provided them.

Speculation is neat...he has no facts. But don't worry, I won't tell you not to discuss it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just teasing anyway. I welcome your discussion. Glad you made it back from taking your boys to school.
That's how I took it, but thanks for clarifying anyway. Sometimes without being face to face some things can be misundestood, but this one I got. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 innings from Perez with no runs allowed and i still have no faith in him for the playoffs
He might be coming out of the pen in the postseason, but like some have mentioned we have a few weeks to go before those decisions can be made. September will be auditioning time for major leaguers and minor leaguers alike.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendez is too high profile of a prospect to not be named originally. My guess is Brett Martin or Connor Sadzeck.

considering the Rangers are considering bring up Mendez with September callups don't see him going there