• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Big series in the West against Mariners here 8/29-8/31

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson says to expect more minor leaguers to be called up next week.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next time Lucroy needs a day off, can we please see Nicholas instead of Chirinos? Please?! It would be next to impossible for him to be any worse than Chirinos.

Been calling for this for awhile now

Something is fucked up w quoting on this site for me? Odd?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been calling for this for awhile now

Something is fucked up w quoting on this site for me? Odd?
It's Skynet. The machines are finally taking over.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should be going to the Autumn league to work on that bat drag. Or spend some time at Tim Tebow's baseball camp. :)

Anywhere but Arlington Texas works for me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on the 40 man so he is already occupying a spot. Bringing him up now doesn't keep anyone else down.

Which has nothing to do with why should he be given a uniform. He has no business whatsoever being called up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoroughly whipped Fangraphs and Seattle fanboy give Rangers a bit of credit

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which has nothing to do with why should he be given a uniform. He has no business whatsoever being called up.
When we are resting regulars down the stretch or late in lopsided games then every extra body helps. He might come in handy should we go extra innings some night as well. Nothing is hurt by having him here and nothing is gained by keeping him away. You act as if he is going to be a clubhouse cancer or something. If nothing else it helps him to be around the veterans. You don't think a few weeks hanging out with Beltre and Beltran couldn't help a young hitter?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see that Sadzeck finished the year with a couple of very good outings after struggling for awhile. Maybe he can get the call to come up next week.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see that Sadzeck finished the year with a couple of very good outings after struggling for awhile. Maybe he can get the call to come up next week.

Hope he's not headed back to Milwaukee either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he's not headed back to Milwaukee either.
Yeah, that would really hurt. We need to hang on to our better pitching prospects for awhile.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act as if he is going to be a clubhouse cancer or something. If nothing else it helps him to be around the veterans. You don't think a few weeks hanging out with Beltre and Beltran couldn't help a young hitter?

Not at all. I'm acting like he's a guy who's striking out almost 50% of the time against minor league pitching. I'm also acting like a guy who believes you earn one's stripes, and he hasn't.

And how much hanging around Beltre time does this guy need? This would be his 3rd "hanging out party."

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I'm acting like he's a guy who's striking out almost 50% of the time against minor league pitching. I'm also acting like a guy who believes you earn one's stripes, and he hasn't.

And how much hanging around Beltre time does this guy need? This would be his 3rd "hanging out party."

This post is :wash:

I'd rather Gallo play a game or two down the stretch (or hell, Profar....with Gallo being the backup ensuring Beltre gets a full day off) and keep Beltre fresh for the playoffs...........but hey, what do I know.

So I guess you will also have issues with Alberto being called up... and Scheppers... and Jackson...and Chi Chi...and N.Mart.. cause Lord knows they havent earned shit this year.

Have any of them earned a call-up? No. But they are warm bodies on the 40 man roster that can help ease the workload of the main 25 down the stretch.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you will also have issues with Alberto being called up... and Scheppers... and Jackson...and Chi Chi...and N.Mart.. cause Lord knows they havent earned shit this year.

Again, no not at all. But the team has already said they don't want a over-crowded clubhouse/dugout.

Pitchers, IMO, are a completely separate animal in that it never hurts to have an extra arm out there, and they don't clutter up the dugout so much either.

But as far as Gallo is concerned, I just see no need in having him here. We'll have Profar & Alberto to play 3rd already. So giving AB real time off shouldn't be a problem.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know anything about why we got Nevin Ashley?

Is he just a warm body to catch through the rest of this season?

Last edited:

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know anything about why we got Nevin Ashley?

Is he just a warm body to catch through the rest of this season?

There are three or four RR games remaining. Probably as you said, a warm body for RR as Nichols is coming up today.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is :wash:

I'd rather Gallo play a game or two down the stretch (or hell, Profar....with Gallo being the backup ensuring Beltre gets a full day off) and keep Beltre fresh for the playoffs...........but hey, what do I know.

Have any of them earned a call-up? No. But they are warm bodies on the 40 man roster that can help ease the workload of the main 25 down the stretch.

once the Rangers clinch then i have no problem with this

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if it is about earning stripes as much as it is about getting him more experience at the big league level even if it is done by sitting in a crowded clubhouse or dugout. He does need more time around those guys and he would even if he had been crushing the ball all August long.

JD said yesterday that they rushed Gomez coming up because they wanted him to be with the big league hitting instructors. I think Joey could probably use the same thing.