• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is a lock after they bitch slapped the best team in the conference.

They are? Because they won one game?...That win was no better than North Dakota State beating Iowa on the road..and NDSU has beaten 5 power conference teams on the road for 5 straight years.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are? Because they won one game?...That win was no better than North Dakota State beating Iowa on the road..and NDSU has beaten 5 power conference teams on the road for 5 straight years.....

Houston is the best logical choice, not just because of the ass whipping they gave the sooners, bit also thye are up and coming program in top 10, maybe top 5 TV market area.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not much argument about Houston, they are an up and coming team. I guess you didn't watch much football the last few years, Houston has been trending up. They are spending a great deal on facilities, which per some of our "fans" is what defines an athletic department. They went 13-1 last year, including that bowl win over FSU. The only logical arguments to be made against Houston are they play in a lower tier league, and they are another Texas school.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not much argument about Houston, they are an up and coming team. I guess you didn't watch much football the last few years, Houston has been trending up. They are spending a great deal on facilities, which per some of our "fans" is what defines an athletic department. They went 13-1 last year, including that bowl win over FSU. The only logical arguments to be made against Houston are they play in a lower tier league, and they are another Texas school.

I watched plenty...they need more than 1 signature win and that's all I have seen so far...and how about the rest of their sports programs how are they doing?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched plenty...they need more than 1 signature win and that's all I have seen so far...and how about the rest of their sports programs how are they doing?
What are you calling a signature win? Two of their last four games have been over FSU and OU, I would call both signature wins. Using you own metric, they belong, they have spent millions on facilities, brand new basketball arena in two years, millions on the stadium. If we belong, they do........

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN CollegeFootball ‏@ESPNCFB 5m5 minutes ago

JUST IN: The Big 12 will not expand and stay with 10 members for the time being, per @Jake_Trotter.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, the B12 is the new BE............

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a Big East making about 6 times more....today does not mean anything

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B12 will not exist within the next 8 years, so I hope the athletic department is saving some of that B12 money. I cheer for ball teams and wins, not bank accounts. I am tired of people talking about money all the time, sad what college sports has become, and we have people cheering it on.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is an example of cheering on the money grab of college football? Or is it simply stating fact?

No doubt, this expansion process has been a really bad look for the Big 12. The whole expansion process has been generated by the television networks. This is why WVU is in the Big 12 to begin with.

None of us know what the future of college football will look like. None of us know how broadcasts will be packaged.

But, if I was involved with the administration and leadership of WVU, I'd be flirting heavily with every other conference not named the Pac 12.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if it was good or bad that they decided not to expand...this means both Texas and OU want out...or they are going to push a vote down the road a bit to see if better options do come available...

Honestly, I think Texas and OU are willing to wait to see if a Pac 12 school becomes available.

As I mentioned on your thread, there are a few teams unhappy with the Pac 12 and how far they're falling behind in revenue.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have 7-8 years with the grant of rights. Nothing should happen before then. WVU should be ok if the league breaks up as long as they can be a relevant program in both football and basketball. If we prove we can belong, I think the SEC or B10 takes us in a B12 firesale.

The B12 is different from the Big East for two reasons, Texas and Oklahoma. Lose them and the rest of the conference becomes the new Big East. The new power 4 will want to prevent having this happen and will suck up most of the teams in the conference to prevent the remaining teams to take the name and remain in the Power 5. I think we end up in a power 4 conference, or the B12 somehow survives without Texas and Oklahoma remaining in the power 5.

The whole expansion thing has been a fiasco. Not expanding is an easy decision. Shouldhave made that before dangling a carrot in front of so many schools only to be rejected.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comparing the B12 to the BE has NOTHING to do with money. It is management style, both are/were totally reactionary, NO forward thinking, no looking down the road, purely reacting to what has already happened, the decision to hold a championship game even though all the teams already play was a reaction to Baylor and TCU being left out of the "playoff" two years ago. Everyone knows the problem wasn't the lack of a ccg, it was that those teams are not among the elite, had it been Texas and OU in the exact same position, one if not both are in. The B12 will die if there is not some PROactive thinking, to be the leader in the next round of realignment. To think the B12 will still be a "power 5" league without UT and OU is ridiculous, this is going to end with four 16 team leagues, and the B12 will not be one of them. I hope like crazy that Gee and Lyons are talking to the SEC daily!!! Another, the B11 will NEVER take WVU, you think the ACC is arrogant about academics???? The B11 wouldn't sniff at WVU, The SEC is the only "power" league that would WANT us, the ACC, I think would take us at the end of the day, as we would likely be the biggest name on the table. I still say we will see OU, OSU, UT, and another of the Texas schools in the PAC, Kansas and IAST in the B11, with WVU, KSU, and the other left outs begging the ACC and SEC for their final spots.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comparing the B12 to the BE has NOTHING to do with money. It is management style, both are/were totally reactionary, NO forward thinking, no looking down the road, purely reacting to what has already happened, the decision to hold a championship game even though all the teams already play was a reaction to Baylor and TCU being left out of the "playoff" two years ago. Everyone knows the problem wasn't the lack of a ccg, it was that those teams are not among the elite, had it been Texas and OU in the exact same position, one if not both are in. The B12 will die if there is not some PROactive thinking, to be the leader in the next round of realignment. To think the B12 will still be a "power 5" league without UT and OU is ridiculous, this is going to end with four 16 team leagues, and the B12 will not be one of them. I hope like crazy that Gee and Lyons are talking to the SEC daily!!! Another, the B11 will NEVER take WVU, you think the ACC is arrogant about academics???? The B11 wouldn't sniff at WVU, The SEC is the only "power" league that would WANT us, the ACC, I think would take us at the end of the day, as we would likely be the biggest name on the table. I still say we will see OU, OSU, UT, and another of the Texas schools in the PAC, Kansas and IAST in the B11, with WVU, KSU, and the other left outs begging the ACC and SEC for their final spots.

I am not so certain it's apples to apples DAD..as far as dysfunction I agree with you...but the BIG EAST was being ruled by Georgetown and Providence!! How ass backwards was that! And all they cared about was Basketball..