• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU now telling ESPN that the no Sunday thing might not be THAT big a deal...:lol:

Also, Texas Tech now comes out in support of UH.... Could TCU and Baylor be next?:scratch:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was interesting from Jake Trotter at ESPN
Trotter: This is how the Big 12 could get UCLA. Expand by three, which would net the league an extra $75 million per year. Then turn around and dangle that in front of the Bruins, to cover their Pac-12 of grant of right losses, plus a lot more. Would UCLA consider it? There's a lot of tension in the Pac-12 right now. Keep in mind, Kansas State collects twice as much in tier-3 revenue through K-StateHD.TV than UCLA gets from the Pac-12 Network. UCLA might also see the benefit of breaking away from USC the way Texas A&M did with Texas in bolting for the SEC. It is a long shot? Sure. But as one industry insider noted this week, if Larry Scott can flirt with Texas and Oklahoma over and over, what's stopping Bob Bowlsby from returning the favor and courting UCLA?
That's nuts but the Tier 3 thing...... meh maybe..I guess

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from Knoxville. SEC folks are licking their chops and want the SEC to grab Texas and OU. I don't know if this is just fan driven, or talking heads, but it sounds like something the SEC might do.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from Knoxville. SEC folks are licking their chops and want the SEC to grab Texas and OU. I don't know if this is just fan driven, or talking heads, but it sounds like something the SEC might do.
Once the GOR is up then maybe but only way that can happen now is if the Big12 gets dissolved and several schools are grabbed, not just OU and Texas. If that were to happen I could see the SEC grabbing OU and WVU instead of Texas, I think Texas and their AAU status would be more in line with the BIG should the Big12 get raided.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas A&M left the Big12 for reason...I would be surprised if they welcomed Texas with open arms..same with Mizzou

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just relaying what I heard in SEC country. I think the SEC is happy with where they are, but it is something to be aware of.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO,

Why in the hell would either OU or Texas want to join the SEC? Both would be placed into the West division, and it would be the most difficult division in college football without question.

If the goal is to get in the playoffs... win the NC, going to the SEC would make this journey infinitely more difficult.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO,

Why in the hell would either OU or Texas want to join the SEC? Both would be placed into the West division, and it would be the most difficult division in college football without question.

If the goal is to get in the playoffs... win the NC, going to the SEC would make this journey infinitely more difficult.
$$$$$ is the only thing I can think of. Plus the glory of being in the almighty SEC.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougar High brings absolutely NOTHING to the table! Nothing! I don't even understand why they are a front runner. There are too many Texas schools already. The conference will not expand its brand by adding UofH. Big 12 already dominates the Houston TV market and already recruits well there. OU has its largest alumni base in the greater Houston metro area, along with UT and TTECH. Cougar High has another high school stadium that only seats 40K. Don't need anymore of that shit; TCU and Baylor have high school stadiums as well. Cougar High academics are below average, so that doesn't do anything to bolster the academic reputation of the Big 12. Just makes zero sense.....

I don't know Exes. Those things that some of the Nebraska, Mizzou, and Okie fans have said about Texas wanting to run the league just may be true. :D

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just relaying what I heard in SEC country. I think the SEC is happy with where they are, but it is something to be aware of.
I'll be heading to Chattanooga in August. I'll try to see what some other SEC fans are saying. I'll be with 'Bama, LSU, Vols, Auburn fans.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO,

That's why I don't think the decision makers at those 2 schools REALLY want to go anywhere. Many of the fans seem to think that its imminent and maybe in a few years it is that they want out but IMHO I believe the people in power at those two schools would rather have the advantages of being the big dogs in the comfort of their own respective areas of the country rather than traveling out west to the PAC where people can take or leave college sports or the southeast where they are upper tier but most years just one of several teams that could win their division or the Midwest of the BIG where a lot of the higher rated recruits would rather not play in cold weather.

At the end of the day imo they would rather have the current conference around them get stronger while keeping their programs in the limelight.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be heading to Chattanooga in August. I'll try to see what some other SEC fans are saying. I'll be with 'Bama, LSU, Vols, Auburn fans.

Who knows what will develop by then. Doc may have come in to save WVU's wilting program, and the Big XII may be XII again.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what will develop by then. Doc may have come in to save WVU's wilting program, and the Big XII may be XII again.

Another time where I would be a day late and a dollar short.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UCONN would be a better ad, I don't know how much I put into the broadcasters are against expansion, ESPN yes I believe they are, but FOX on the other hand only has WVU in the eastern time zone, I would think they would love to have more inventory for the eastern time zone games.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how any of these crap teams are better than UCF as a option.

Great TV market #19
Decent football program
Florida Recruiting
Largest School in state of Florida

Cincy and Houston....who gives a crap about those teams.